Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't understand that. Why would you want to lose 2-0 instead of a through the lottery that is a pen shootout. You're right about our squad yet we took theirs all the way to then have to decide it like that.
Of course I am happy we turned up and managed to get back into the game. But being so close and then fail makes me really frustrated. Just losing the game in 90 mins and accepting we were just not god enough would've been the easier pill to swallow. For me at least.

I was of the opinion that we should have bought a couple of midfielders in the summer. Chickens coming home to roost I'm afraid.

PS Llorente is actually OK when we play balls in the box to him, who knew?

If it was Woolwich in the final or united and we had more players fit I would have been more gutted with this result but I am a realist, losing today does not change the winner of this competition

Losing in a final to city makes us less money than losing our top 4 place, we have to hold onto our league position for deal life until the goals come back
I love and hate this post at the same time. It is all money now isn’t it? And has been for a while I suppose. Fucking horrible

Tottenham Hotspur FC

The only major football club who's fans have no right to expect them to sign players or invest in the football team

Tottenham Hotspur FC.

The only Premier league club that has built a stadium, new training centre in the past 10 years, caught up with and surpassed some of the so called big 4. Finished above doped clubs, increased income to the point we'll likely surpass our neighbours who only a few years ago were so far in front it looked impossible. A club that stands for glory and playing the game the right way. A club that has every chance of continuing to grow year on year. A club that is the envy of nearly every other fan outside the top 6.

That's my club, that's who I support.

You should try it, belief is everything......

If it was Woolwich in the final or united and we had more players fit I would have been more gutted with this result but I am a realist, losing today does not change the winner of this competition

Losing in a final to city makes us less money than losing our top 4 place, we have to hold onto our league position for deal life until the goals come back
Sad but true. Top 4 is more important than the domestic cups these days.

We are dead tired as a team. Sissoko and Winks obvious ones.

That showed in the second half

Chavs were reeling and if we’d just stepped it up after the goal we would have gone through but we ran out of steam and were lucky it went to penalties as Gironde missed an absolute sitter late on when Tyler creamed himself

Sissoko and Dier getting stick but probably weren’t 100% and neither were Lucas and Lamela so all in all it was a good effort

Surely Levy has to get the cheque book out now or the season may go to pot which would be a shame

This result has really ruined my week which had been on a high after the Fulham result

COYS

I love and hate this post at the same time. It is all money now isn’t it? And has been for a while I suppose. Fucking horrible

It is horrible, I have said for some time 2025 is the last time I will care about football as will pretty much be ruined by then, Euro super league in place, planned commercial breaks you name it

We need to build a siege mentality at this club, from top to bottom, the fans need to unite and all come together and stand up against the bullshit everyone throws at us.

The players and manager need to build a siege mentality as well, we did so during the Leicester season and we seem to have softened again against the media, I would love to see Poch behave more like Ferguson did, tell them to fuck off.
Agreed, also people need to stop paying money to Sky football your just making them richer.

Cut the money supply and they will hopefully die off.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££:levystare:really is all that matters now innit...

Cups are just made of cheap tin anyway..

Fuck it.

CL/4th place is all that matters these days innit?!

Of course I am happy we turned up and managed to get back into the game. But being so close and then fail makes me really frustrated. Just losing the game in 90 mins and accepting we were just not god enough would've been the easier pill to swallow. For me at least.
Not really, we didn't play well in the forward positions but our defending was very good. All back 4 played well, Winks and Sissoko did fine, Eriksen,Dier and Lamela were average, apart from the goal Llorente was r*bbish.

I was of the opinion that we should have bought a couple of midfielders in the summer. Chickens coming home to roost I'm afraid.

PS Llorente is actually OK when we play balls in the box to him, who knew?
He can play when we have control of the football in the attacking end. He just cannot hold, run, or distribute when we are on the break. Very limited skill set.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££:levystare:really is all that matters now innit...

Cups are just made of cheap tin anyway..

Fuck it.

CL/4th place is all that matters these days innit?!
Personally I put more value in beating the likes of Real Madrid than winning the League Cup.

That's our ultimate goal.

Just look at what has happened to Woolwich since they lost CL football. They won three F.A. Cups.

Yet are haemorrhaging turnover. Haemorrhaging points. Haemorrhaging any respectability and are reduced to living off our failures for excitement.

Don't look like they'll be playing CL football for at least 5 years.

Spurs_1987 (edit as I fucked the quote up)

Mate. With the greatest respect most of our rivals have strengthened over the summer while we stood still. I don’t like clubs ‘buying’ the league and I’m not advocating going into debt to satisfy the more desperate elements of our support or the craven media.

However, one or two well placed summer signings would’ve meant greater rotation and thus, perhaps , less of a strain on the usual suspects - who we rely on time and again to get us into these good positions.

It takes some foresight and ambition to sit down in May and nail down a couple (or even just one) quality signing that adds quality and resilience to the squad. How much did Woolwich pay for Torreria? Chavs got Kovacic on loan. January isn’t the time to be making knee jerk signing at over the odds prices but we now need to because we didn’t do enough in the summer

We were so timid in the first half, that's why we went out. The first 45 we never played with the determination needed to reach a final and we conceded two awful goals because of it.

Second half we did show the right character which is why it's so disappointing, if only we could have started the game with that intensity. We were never going to create a lot of chances but to concede that way from a set piece is so bad. Still a long way to go if we want to win something.

Back
Top Bottom