Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said all I need to say in the Pochettino thread.

Too many players in that starting eleven (and squad) who have no right playing for a team wanting to compete. I can almost accept losing away to Burnley, a team fighting for survival who aim to stifle your attacks by sitting deep but losing a London derby in that manner with no fight, no heart was reminiscent of all those performances at Stamford Bridge in the 90s and 00s. Embarrassing.
That's what I was thinking, too-it was like going back in time. That was like something fucking Sherwood would have served up.

Woolwich now turns into a must win. The Burnley loss really screwed us, that was 3 points that would have made it a lot more comfortable. Suddenly gone from title challengers to top 4 battle. We have an ok run in, other than the City and Liverpool games. Just need to make sure it stays in our hands.

It isn't fatigue. So how the fuck after 4 league wins in a row, a great night against dortmund, do we produce two games like that?! Between davies, trippier and lloris, they have basically handed the game to Chelsea. End to end but barely any shots on goal from either side apart from the one they scored from. What the fuck has happened to us.

It changes every game. And we change who is playing with who and in what position.

I'd be pleased to just see us play a consistent back four for a certain number of games.

This 1000000%, if I could "LIKE" this post 1000000 times I would.

Without a settled back 4 (or 5 if you want to go with wingbacks) you get no consistency, communication goes out of the window (see the OG for reference) and the nerves set in.

I'll start with the positives, Dav was excellent.

After that......

There had better be a massive fucking backlash against the shower of bastards or we're skydiving with a Poundland parachute.

That Trippier og was SO bad, I'd almost swear it was deliberate!

When has ANYONE ever scored an og like that against US...? I DREAM of such luck, let alone in a MASSIVE London Derby like that!

Well... Poch's pre-match 'team talk' did the trick... we're NOT good enough to win the league, and now we've just proved it beyond doubt to the world!

We need a winners mentality to course through our veins... unfortunately, we've embraced the 'Spursy' mentality instead.

Everyone's caught up.. this is starting to get really worrying. From "title contenders" to endangered of dropping out of top 4 within 2 games. We fucked up big times and the players have to question themselves. Massively disappointing.

I almost never shit on our team, but tthey disappointed me massively. No heart, no desire, no fight, the only two fightin or trying to fight were Kane and Lamela. Rest of them utter dogshit. I defended Eriksen most of the time, but fuck off if you don't wanna sign contract. Seriously, enough with this piss poor performances. What can I say about Davies? Average as always. Trippier was alright, until that horrible mistake.

Don't let me start on Hugo.. I mean, guy is so fucking afraid of fucking ball in his feet. Don't know what to do most of the time with it. I know I could go on and on but what's the point.

Not even sad, just angry. Wasn't this angry since that 2:2 at Bridge. Same opposition, just then we showed fight. We are missing Dembele badly. Even Dier would make difference now.

Sissoko and Winks need rest.

For everyone that says Woolwich is now a MUST-win, wasn't it a Must-win before? Isn't Woolwich always a must-win?

Its not often i walk away from watching a match or go off on a proper one but that was the most embarrassing, abject pathetic response to a defeat in a derby match I've seen since the 90's.
We were pathetic everywhere.
That is a world cup winning captain between our sticks, and OUR captain-I was a huge hugo fan, I still want old hugo back but that man is fucking gone-finished, completely done. How can he be our captain on the pitch and consistently let goals in like that in massive games?? He simply doesnt lead, hes not a leader on the pitch. You watch the reactions of our players to those goals-heads down trundling back to their positions-nobody talking, shouting, organising nothing.

I am fucking disgusted

we are in serious trouble now for opening a swanky new stadium next year with Genk and Rubin Kazan coming to town.
Woolwich will be all over us on saturday with their tails up.

We lost at Chelsea. Average performances under the circumstances, let down by a couple of clown shoe moments. A win at the weekend and finishing the job against Dortmund and the world will start to look ok again.

Biggest concern for me is that we haven't looked on top form for a while in the League - grinding out late winners, but rarely smashing it up.

Back
Top Bottom