Champions League finalists Liverpool and Tottenham now worlds apart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

oh look, the happy clappers who can't face the truth are crying and pissing in their little panties.

ban him! he said a bad thing!!

Then use words like cunt, mug, wanker etc to make yourselves feel better.

Every word I said is true. ACCEPT IT.

LOL.... The Dark Turd hath spoken.

The premise is absolute nonsense.

Liverpool are worlds apart from EVERYBODY.

I could make a series of articles...

Liverpool and Man City Now Worlds Apart
Liverpool and Real Madrid Now Worlds Apart
Liverpool and PSG Now Worlds Apart
Liverpool and Barcelona Now Worlds Apart

Rinse and repeat.

"If you want the biggest and best train set down your road ,you have to go out and buy it,no one is going to give it to you" - jimmy Greaves said this about owning and being a successful a football club in the latter 90's.
And he is right, even more so nowadays

.....And usually the richest kids have the best train set.

Liverpool clearly jumped a level when they signed Van Dijk in January 2018, prior to that we were better than them. We played them at Anfield later that season to that 2-2 thriller when Wanyama scored a rocket and Lamela shithoused his way to a penalty. We were pretty equal, maybe they were better than us by this point, but we even finished ahead of them in 17-18.

The summer of 2018 is when they jumped a level over us and really fixed all their weaknesses, and they have moved even further ahead as they have developed chemistry and gotten familiar with Klopp. They signed Alisson and Van Dijk when they needed a Keeper and CB. Keita has looked great when he’s been fit this season. We signed Aurier and (no one) when we needed a RB and DM. That’s the difference.

Let’s just not mention alisson. That shit keeper they signed ...
He’s actually not very good. If someone was stupid enough to pay 70M for Kepa, it doesn’t make him world class either.

He was better than Mingolet and that blond prick which isn’t a big task, and we didn’t need a keeper in 2018 so not sure how them signing Allison left us behind.
He spent most of the year making Lloris look composed.

The gap was created in the 2018 summer

No - if that was the case then we would have bridged in the gap in the summer of 2019 given that they brought no one in and we spent £130 million.

The actual gap is in the quality of recruitment - that’s been the case for nearly five years. Their scouting committee is well above ours at present.

We have only added one real first team quality talent in the time and that was Son in 2015. They in comparison bought Salah for £34, Mane for £35, Robertson for £8, Fabinho for £40 million.

No - if that was the case then we would have bridged in the gap in the summer of 2019 given that they brought no one in and we spent £130 million.

The actual gap is in the quality of recruitment - that’s been the case for nearly five years. Their scouting committee is well above ours at present.

We have only added one real first team quality talent in the time and that was Son in 2015. They in comparison bought Salah for £34, Mane for £35, Robertson for £8, Fabinho for £40 million.
Our recruitment under Poch was shambolic.

Again 2015 was great, Ali, Toby and Son.

Absolutely shocking since, and it’s not about money as those signings attest
Yes one of my few gripes with Poch but how much of that was his fault I don’t know. If you look back at my post above, Klopp spent significantly more but on fewer players but those players all made big impacts on their team. The same cannot be said for us. Quality over quantity every time.

Utd 1993-2013? Many of their players coming through academy? Barca academy?
I think that’s what Levy’s hoping to emulate - get decent youth setup and save yourself millions. Makes absolute sense. Even City and Chelsea do it with their rich owners...
United still outspent most teams. Don't think you can say they didn't invest much yet won a lot. They could buy the likes of Rio, Rooney etc off poorer premiership teams. & give them much higher wages.
Really it's just the 1 off Leicester season.

United still outspent most teams. Don't think you can say they didn't invest much yet won a lot. They could buy the likes of Rio, Rooney etc off poorer premiership teams. & give them much higher wages.
Yep - but they only bought the odd player here and there - we ‘won’ the transfer window with the Bale money; we spent (or promised to spend) 140m this summer - Liverpool plugged gaps with ‘better’ players.

the issue, as I suspect we’ll get into a circular argument about, is that there aren’t that many ‘better’ players that can be bought in for most positions at an acceptable price. (And this will now be the same for most clubs - can’t see Chelsea spending big on replacing their ageing players this window even though Frank’s said they will do). EPL standard is basically all internationals and so it’s a marginal improvement at best for 50-60m.

the problem we have is that we need to plug several gaps at once as players have grown old or left - and that is the fault of Poch or the scouts - can’t place it at Levy’s door - he’s always spent on players if asked (albeit Saha, Nelsen and Gallas!). A window of no movement is not Levy, but the manager and the high quality of the team in place.
Based on this logic - we may see a bit of movement this month, but that will depend on moving in Eriksen, Rose etcetera. As contracts expire, more movement come the summer, I expect.

This forum becomes more of an apology shop by the day.

Liverpool, get within an inch of winning the title after losing just 1 game and actually win the fucking Champions League. They sign nobody this Summer and have the Leagie title pretty muched wrapped up by Xmas.

Somehow this makes us, who had actually won nothing, ducking out of 2 successive transfer windows and starting the rotten corpse of a squad we're seeing today, all Ok.

It was a masterstroke by Levy all along!

:harrylol:
Yeah it's a very illogical argument. Why don't we just spend 500m this summer & than none the following summer. Then say we won without spending in s whole summer. This us the reason for our success, not the massive spending spree the summer before.
Just like pretending wages have no impact. The half a billion more Liverpool have spent. In which case we should just offer 500k per week to the best players around & say wages don't count so we have barely spent.

I think Ederson is personally because he doesn’t make flappy Bobby Mimms style errors a few times a year.
As Yorkshire Yid said, the competition is pretty shite.
The likes of De Gea, Lloris, Kepa and Allison aren’t fit to lace the boots of Buffon, Cassilas, Schmicael, Neuer etc at the top of their careers.

Football quality in general has waned since the halcyon days of the late 90s to 2010.
That’s why people today think Eriksen, Dele, VVD, Aubameyang, Walker, Allison, Pogba, Wan Bissaka, Maddison etc are top footballers.

You think they’d be talked about in 2003?
You think people would be talking about Ndombele when the likes of Gerrard and Makelele were peak?
Or people would say VVD is the best defender in the world when the likes of Cannavaro, Ramos, Puyol and Thuram were about?

Schnider, Van der Vaart, Raul, Iniesta, Modric, Xavi, Nesta, Seedorf, Kahn, Robben, Kean, take your pick, they’d all WALK into Liverpool’s starting 11 with ease, and replace anyone there now.

Ederson is probably the most overrated keeper to me. He’s good with the ball at his feet but constantly takes odd angles and makes mistakes.

we outplayed them at Anfield last season, Sissoko has the chance to win it and butchered it, then Hugo and Toby hand them an injury time winner.

We gifted them a first minute penalty in European Cup Final. They were shit on the night, but we were so overawed by the occasion and fielding injured players, we couldn’t lay a glove on them.

We led them at Anfield back in October, they might have been on top but Son hit the woodwork (with an admittedly difficult chance) which would have put us 0-2 up early in 2nd half.

Should have won it yesterday with second half chances.

I’m sick of those fuckers. We’ve beaten them 1 in last 17, which is pathetic. Even when we were better than them for 4-5 seasons prior to last season, we still never beat them.

The condescending words of that gimp Klopp have really pissed me off.

Oh yeah and when we pulled it back to 1-2 at Wembley against them last season, we had a. Injury time penalty that should have awarded for a foul on Son, not given.
Preach brother preach.
Sick to the back teeth of this gas lighting that they are so far above. What’s happened to us as a fanbase? Yesterday everyone myself included, crossing various body parts not to get trollied by these cunts.
If the roles were reversed we’d only be discussing the throw in that was a bad call and VAR officials on their tea break while Robertson went about destroying shins and ankles.
You need luck but their level of jamminess is unheralded. The so called handball in the first minute of the CL final imagine if that was awarded to RM vs them, the city would be on fire. They spent a year denigrating Kane for a dive but Mane going over Aurier is ok, and us the cunts were actually slamming Serge instead of lighting our torches for that cheating prick Mane, that foul on Son in the final seconds is unforgivable. Cheating cunts, the match officials included.
We sing the songs but don’t take in the words WE ARE SUPER TOTTENHAM FROM THE LANE, start fucking believing. Like most of you I’ve invested a substantial part of my life and income into this club.
Stop bitching about ENIC and Levy they’ve set us up for the next century.
Poch down tools, I once worshipped the ground he walked on but he stopped believing so adios
Eriksen once my favourite but fuck him, he stopped playing for us. Farvel wanker

OK, I'll give you Orients first 11 , go coach them and win the Premier league :harrysmile:
Same argument I use to explain why Pep or Klopp are not the second-coming, tbf. Point being, good coaching of similar quality makes a substantial difference. It’s also well-establishes that the earlier that high-quality resourcing snd coaching is introduced, the bigger the impact - hence the obsession with academies and youth scouting. Can’t remember the research, but it’s why there was a bias towards Winter-born (I think) players vs summer-born - turns out it was to do with kids being more physically developed / older when the scouts came - nothing to do with talent but just being older.

just luck, and opportunity, really. (But no-one really likes that answer, we like a narrative to adhere to).

Don't care how good they are, still can't stand the team, the manager or their supporters.

Yep. Oh and add to this list their cheerleaders in the media.

It's all very nauseating.

Also, I think they're very good BUT the standard of the PL this season is very poor. It's not a vintage year, even Citeh have struggled.

I'm looking forward to seeing Atletico knock them out of the CL. That will be nice.

Last edited:
They got it right but they also got the choice of manager right.
Klopp would have won stuff with our squad.

Poch would have had Salah in central midfield

Poch would've demotivated Salah with his constant belittling of the club and the mission in the press. Salah would've been pushing for a move whereas he would run through brick walls for Klopp.

Back
Top Bottom