Champions League finalists Liverpool and Tottenham now worlds apart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This gap stuff between the clubs is just guff stuff and ultimately pointless to make. Why? Because EVERY Club is Worlds apart from Liverpool are they not?

Football is cyclical, different clubs are in different periods of evolvement than each other, some with new managers, others not. With each change, there are good hires and others that didn't work out. With every change there a possible change in philosophy. Others with different financial backing and environments. Some steadily improving others declining. For some clubs like Chavs, they yo-yo from winning the title to 10th to winning it again, to 5th!

Ignore the nonsense and focus on Tottenham. Where are we at? What are we trying to do? Are we close to achieving what we set out to do, or are we far away from it? What direction are we currently travelling in? What's needed to get to where we want to be? These are the only things the Club can control and the only things as fans we should be concerned with. Anything else is just noise.

oh look, the happy clappers who can't face the truth are crying and pissing in their little panties.

ban him! he said a bad thing!!

Then use words like cunt, mug, wanker etc to make yourselves feel better.

Every word I said is true. ACCEPT IT.

I don't think that was down to Klopp. It's Liverpool's scouting team that are better and/or have lucked out.

I think people are quick to overlook just how much luck plays in transfers. Did Liverpool *really* know that Robertson and Alexander Arnold were going to turn into arguably the best FBs in Europe?

Anyway, yes, he's a good manager. But there's no way he'd have us playing pressing football with our knackered old cart horses.

I agree/take your points.

I guess I'm saying re Robertson/Trent he got them playing well though didn't he? He might have had Foyth and Sanchez playing as the best two CBs in Europe right now, or Winks scoring goals/assists or Skipp looking like a future club legend.

Not sure what he would've done, but I suspect he'd have won something and I suspect we'd be in the top four right now with a better outlook as a result of his tenure.

Neatly ignores the fact that Mourinho's hopeless grasp of tactics have won his teams over twenty trophies .. but what do trophies matter?

Jonathan Liew is to football what a turd is to a pool party .... simply not pleasant at all.
Is he buggery
Hes not only Spurs through and through but hes an astute and knowledgeable journalist
Ignorant comment to make.

What the fuck has Mourinhos trophy count got to do with his comments anyway, he described exactly what the team did and how it was a pattern of management he has displayed in the past.
The difference is that now he has to manage without an unlimited budget.

Is he buggery
Hes not only Spurs through and through but hes an astute and knowledgeable journalist
Ignorant comment to make.

What the fuck has Mourinhos trophy count got to do with his comments anyway, he described exactly what the team did and how it was a pattern of management he has displayed in the past.
The difference is that now he has to manage without an unlimited budget.

He's not he's just become a clickbait journalist a mouthpiece for controversy - to even suggest one of the world's most successful managers of the last fifty years has no clue about tactics? it's beyond stupid ...

If you look at 90% of his articles they focus on how bad something has become for one team, one group, one class or another - "City disappear from Utd sight" Spurs should fear Mourinho" "St Andrews empty stands" ... he represents a reprehensible modern breed of journalist who take pleasure sucking the life out of the losers rather than praising the winners ... the luvvies might like it, it's 'intellectual' don't you know ... to me it's mostly sad, depressing, negative crap, but you wallow in it if you want.

Back
Top Bottom