Champions League finalists Liverpool and Tottenham now worlds apart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This thread makes me want to vomit.

Yes they are a great side, yes they will win the title at a canter. But make no mistake they get every little help possible from VAR and the powers that be to go with that.
Our last three games against them including the champions league final we've matched them across the three games and all three games the big decisions VAR have gone their way.

Some of the noshing off going on is sickening.

We are shit at the minute and we were a missed sitter away from taking a point off them last night.

Every star is aligning for them this season and everything that could possibly go wrong for us is going wrong.

This is more of a management problem (Levy/ENIC), but, I think that just like Liverpool, we're also 3-4 players away from competing and winning against the very best.

He’s actually not very good. If someone was stupid enough to pay 70M for Kepa, it doesn’t make him world class either.

He was better than Mingolet and that blond prick which isn’t a big task, and we didn’t need a keeper in 2018 so not sure how them signing Allison left us behind.
He spent most of the year making Lloris look composed.
Alisson is the best keeper in the league...

If we were having Liverpool’s season I can just imagine the response on here if other teams were attributing our success to VAR and dodgy referees

I hate the scousers as much as anyone else but this lucky crap is ridiculous

You do not go a calendar year unbeaten by luck

Just as you don’t lose 21 out of 60 games because of a lack of such luck

They have backed their manager and been clever m

We have been the complete opposite and that’s all there is to it

we outplayed them at Anfield last season, Sissoko has the chance to win it and butchered it, then Hugo and Toby hand them an injury time winner.

We gifted them a first minute penalty in European Cup Final. They were shit on the night, but we were so overawed by the occasion and fielding injured players, we couldn’t lay a glove on them.

We led them at Anfield back in October, they might have been on top but Son hit the woodwork (with an admittedly difficult chance) which would have put us 0-2 up early in 2nd half.

Should have won it yesterday with second half chances.

I’m sick of those fuckers. We’ve beaten them 1 in last 17, which is pathetic. Even when we were better than them for 4-5 seasons prior to last season, we still never beat them.

The condescending words of that gimp Klopp have really pissed me off.

Oh yeah and when we pulled it back to 1-2 at Wembley against them last season, we had a. Injury time penalty that should have awarded for a foul on Son, not given.

He’s actually not very good. If someone was stupid enough to pay 70M for Kepa, it doesn’t make him world class either.

He was better than Mingolet and that blond prick which isn’t a big task, and we didn’t need a keeper in 2018 so not sure how them signing Allison left us behind.
He spent most of the year making Lloris look composed.

Come on Sammy you know that just ain't true, he made some daft mistakes at times yes but he was 100x better then what they had before. And overall was probably the best keeper in the league not that there's a lot of competition

On the subject of where they over took us it comes down to bad scouting and transfer strategy.

They identified they had a workman like midfield that needed some more steel so got Fabinho (he took time to settle yes but his presence made others play better cause they knew he wanted a spot). And they had a fantastic front 3 but just needed some depth and got Shaqiri (who won them a fair few points when called upon)

They had a shit defense so bought Van Dijk and a keeper they could trust to compose the defense. Then got lucky that Joe Gomez and TRA came through at the same time.

I hate fucking Liverpool fans but there scouting system and transfer strategy has been fantastic, whilst in the same time we seem unable to take risks and commit to getting young talent in. And let the squad go stale, and have flogged Kane to death let Eriksen walk all over us.

Levy and ENIC have some of the blame for that but I refuse to believe that Poch didn't have some hand in this also. To many rumours of him not wanting players offered to us and he refused to change the squad up no matter who was performing.

Very clear you need to spend heavily on the players to achieve big things. Strange that people still try to deny this. Well actually it's not as they are levy lovers.
This forum becomes more of an apology shop by the day.

Liverpool, get within an inch of winning the title after losing just 1 game and actually win the fucking Champions League. They sign nobody this Summer and have the Leagie title pretty muched wrapped up by Xmas.

Somehow this makes us, who had actually won nothing, ducking out of 2 successive transfer windows and starting the rotten corpse of a squad we're seeing today, all Ok.

It was a masterstroke by Levy all along!

:harrylol:

But their team was good enough to win the champions league and finish with 99 points in the league. It’s not like they were in the verge of greatness this summer. They are already there
Yeah, massive difference between not spending once you got a complete team who just won the CL & got a massive amount of pts in the league. Also they still spend out 100m more on wages last year as per usual which is as important as spending on new players.
Where as we did need new players & weren't complete despite what some kept saying about who do you drop etc. They obviously been proving wrong by our decline in quality on the pitch.
They needed a new keeper & CB & broke world records (I think) on them. A comparison would have been if they didn't spend when they needed those 2 new players. They wouldn't be as good now if they hadn't of got the keeper & VVD in.
Where as are owners wouldn't have been as supportive in backing the manager.
If Liverpool paid a 100m less per year in wages, think of how many top players they lose or never get.
Also very smart of klopp that he signed someone straight away in January. Keeping things fresh. He didnt do the full season without a signing.

Hasn't been booked all season.

Liverpool players don't foul opponents. Opponents just viciously run their knees into the Liverpool players' studs. If this doesn't stop soon, we might have an opposition player dangerously attack Robertson's boot with his bollocks. I hope the authorities take all precautions.

The thing is, they deserved to be in the CL final last season, we were miles behind the genuine elite teams in Europe and still are, goes without saying.

On a normal day teams like Barcelona, PSG and Bayern would absolutely murder us and it remains to be seems whether we can beat RB Leipzig.. If anyone still thinks that will be easy :mourcheeks:

Last edited:
Liverpool clearly jumped a level when they signed Van Dijk in January 2018

They sold Coutinho and bought Van Dijk. A bold, risky, not certain to succeed move.

And they they paid over the odds for a new goalkeeper after the UCL disaster. A bold, decisive move that certainly could have been mistaken for panicky.

They've gotten big, difficult decisions right. Good things will follow from that.

Our decisions haven't been as good.

Back
Top Bottom