Brighton Vs Tottenham Globetrotters : Saturday 8th October 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City away is not a must win at this stage of the season. Same as Liverpool. Even woolwich away where a draw would be good. But after a big loss in the league and the football played being less than ideal a win is very important in this game. We have to beat teams like Brighton if we are serious. Brighton is good but we have a much better squad.

It's not a must win game. End of.

Obviously I hope we win. But not under-estimating Brighton by any stretch.

I think he'll push Perisic to RB and Sess at LB unfortunately, as he doesnt fancy either of his two alternatives.
Yeah you could be right, Contes come out and said that the doc has given him 'no reason 'to play him... Which is sort of understable, watching him 4 Ireland his fitness is fine, match fitness is not, some players can get away with it,, but not him, his large unganely physical stance, with those demi round shoulders, being slightly off the money, it really shows, so in away, catch 22, dammed if you do and dammed if you don't... Conte just needs to bite the bullet and give him time, he PROVED last season , that he can be effective.. and at 32? perisics minutes need managing, at his peak he's bloody effective so let's manage him properly. However someone else said on here.. that Contes weakness is rotation... Let's hope he's wrong, but it's sort of looking that way atm

Last edited:
Brighton are a decent side, who play good football, and are certainly playing than we are at the moment.
If your serious about top four you have to have designs on winning games like this.
I think I would take another draw, but suspect we might get turned over again.
It's a distinct possibility. I don't think Sonny should start this one. Keep Sanchez away also. Maybe start Doc with Spence ready to come on. Start kulu if he's fit too. Definitely start Bissouma. The only way we'll win this is with an early goal imo. Something to build on. Both lloris and Kane are a worry for me. Perhaps start rich . It seems as if we can't get all pistons together atm.
Should be an entertaining game though. Looking forward to it.

It's a distinct possibility. I don't think Sonny should start this one. Keep Sanchez away also. Maybe start Doc with Spence ready to come on. Start kulu if he's fit too. Definitely start Bissouma. The only way we'll win this is with an early goal imo. Something to build on. Both lloris and Kane are a worry for me. Perhaps start rich . It seems as if we can't get all pistons together atm.
Should be an entertaining game though. Looking forward to it.
The team is badly miss firing, I think we have been fortunate that Liverpool, utd and Chelsea have not been great either very lucky.

Yeah you could be right, Contes come out and said that the doc has given him 'no reason 'to play him... Which is sort of understable, watching him 4 N I, ....
N.I....as in Northern Ireland ... you sure about that?
matt-doherty-file-photo-310x415.jpg

You know there's a difference, right?
doherty-matt-doherty.gif

Wars have been started over less!!

Flying in from Texas for this one. Looks like it will be fun and games getting from LHR to Brighton.............. Land at 12.30pm so hoping my lift to the stadium goes without a hitch.

Last edited:
Flying in from Texas for this one. Looks like it will be fun and games getting from LHR to Brighton.............. Land at 12.30pm so hoping my lift to stadium goes without a hitch.
...and yet you coulda virtually walked there from Gatwick!

I guess there are no direct flights from Texas to Gatwick eh?

...safe journey over.... I hope the team make it worth your while!

...and yet you coulda virtually walked there from Gatwick!

I guess there are no direct flights from Texas to Gatwick eh?

...safe journey over.... I hope the team make it worth your while!
Trust me, me too. We got tickets on Stub Hub a few weeks back and they were due to arrive at my folks in London today but the seller is AWOL. Great...........

Yep Gatwick would have been way more useful, but with the trains not running it was always going to be a pain in the aris.

Here’s the real question. Which of our ridiculous blue away kits do we wear for a team that wears blue and white.

Suspect we’ll opt for the blue/black abomination…

It’ll be an awful visual affair
This isn’t even me!!!!

Fucking disgrace!

Brighton are a well organised team who are in good form. This is not the time for changes in formation and personnel. However, with both Moura and Kulu injured, it would be wise to keep one of our strikers on the bench. I can see us putting in a an extra midfielder and alternating Sess / Peresic into attacking positions with the extra midfielder covering there progression.

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Lenglet
Peresic - Skipp - Holjberg - Bentencaur - Sessegnon
Kane - Son

Back
Top Bottom