Brighton Vs Tottenham Globetrotters : Saturday 8th October 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This game got Poch the sack a few years ago. Will lightning strike twice?

Nope.

Because we've never been as bad under Conte as we were under Pochettino for his final few months. In fact, Poch SHOULD have been sacked after Brighton yet we still gave him another month of his mediocrity.

Nope.

Because we've never been as bad under Conte as we were under Pochettino for his final few months. In fact, Poch SHOULD have been sacked after Brighton yet we still gave him another month of his mediocrity.
I was really impressed with the effort of the players yday….. we have to face facts that some just don’t have the correct quality to play certain roles in his system and it’s costing him and us

DHZEysA.jpg

Lloris, Spence, Sessegnon, Davies, Sanchez, Sarr, Skipp, Gil, Kane

Brighton will be doing their easy homework on us. We'll be playing the same formation as always. Get us pegged back we don't have the ability to transition quickly and precisely so we'll struggle to get out and keep giving the ball away. I don't know if we'll get through it and win but it's going to be a tough watch. Every team knows what we are going to try to do and get tight to kane and Son because they can't deal with the pressure and lose the ball.

He had a great season in the championship. That's not going to automatically translate when he goes up a level. I agree that trying something different can't be worse than sticking with Emerson but he obviously doesn't trust Spence and I suspect that Doherty is probably too fucked now, courtesy of Marty Cash.
Playing great in the championship AND against premier league clubs in the cup is better then what Emerson can offer

We have only 3 fit attacking players right now, so I would go with 3-5-2, to have one attacking sub ready to step on later in the game. I wouldn’t expect Hojbjerg or Bentancur to be dropped but maybe after 70th minute, Skipp can be given some minutes.

I'd bet my right testicle that we don't play a 3-5-2
I bet we do.

Doesn’t make sense to play a front 3 when you only have 3 for attackers, and a midfield pair when you have four, fit and decent midfielders. It’s the only area we have quantity, quality and youth (Sarr and White). 4 decent CM’s and 2 young prospects after that. No cover at all for the front 3

I don't disagree mate. I just said Conte obviously doesn't trust him. Which, after the player being at the club for 3 months is a bit of a joke.
He’s either really poor defensively, or Conte is playing politics. I can’t see how he can be more of a risk than the hapless Royal - any defensive frailties are surely offset by the clear attacking step up (vs Royal)

Back
Top Bottom