BOXING DAY BEATDOWN TOTTENHAM AWAY v relegation fodder

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everything about that goal was terrible...Rose stopped to stare at the ref for a few seconds...Bentaleb defending like a limp handshake, and then the CB getting done at the near post.

Poor.

Team of the week:

Yes that is Danny Rose...
B53ZSnaCMAAXI5R.jpg

That team of the week epitomises the flaws with how the players are rated.
As someone mentioned, it'll probably be because Rose put a few crosses in.

they targeted Danny Rose that's why alot of people think he had a bad match when he was actually pretty damn good

he had the same number of tackles as the rest of the defence combined and led the defense in interceptions, he was also tied with Lamela for key passes whatever the fuck that means lol

in a match were our midfield completely collapsed after 30 minutes or so he more than held his own

in saying all that though Lloris was clearly our man of the match

they targeted Danny Rose that's why alot of people think he had a bad match when he was actually pretty damn good

he had the same number of tackles as the rest of the defence combined and led the defense in interceptions, he was also tied with Lamela for key passes whatever the fuck that means lol

in a match were our midfield completely collapsed after 30 minutes or so he more than held his own

I thought I was going crazy when I saw all the stick Rose was getting. He didn't have a great day but he was far from our worst. He was okay at least. Having said that, any player getting an 8 rating yesterday is ridiculous. We were poor everywhere on the pitch.

To clarify, I definitely didn't think he was terrible yesterday - just very surprising that they picked him as the best LB of the week's fixtures! Unfortunately, he's the first player a lot of fans seem to turn to as a scapegoat when things are going poorly. The whole defence looked shaky against Leicester.

Some of the other ratings make me raise an eyebrow... He did score against us, but was Ulloa really a better striker than Hugo was a goalkeeper?

Also, Skrtel's stats must have been significantly boosted by his equaliser against Woolwich last weekend - but does this reflect accurately on his defending capabilities?

Performance wise we have to accept the element of luck. You can say our tracking was poor and we were getting exposed on both wings.

That said you'd be way more depressed as a Leicester fan. That second we scored was terrible keeping, it's a lovely free kick but the keeper's positioning was shocking. The only thing that you can summise is that we took our chances and they didn't.

I think we need to avoid goal difference as a big thing, that's something to focus on when we're playing consistently well. We are at the stage where we're getting good results but we look like a car crash waiting to happen.

Lloris, Kane and Ericksen have been key for us, we need to see more from the centre backs and defensive midfield so we look and play with a bit more solidity.

Back
Top Bottom