BOXING DAY BEATDOWN TOTTENHAM AWAY v relegation fodder

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we've been good away from home so as long as we give it the old 100% we should win

consistency is the next challenge for Pochettino and the squad to conquer

Juju
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Juju (disambiguation).

An 1873 Victorian illustration of a "Ju-ju house" on the Bight of Benin showing fetishised skulls and bones.
Juju or Ju-Ju is a word of either West African or French origin[1] used previously by Europeans to describe traditional West African religions.[2] Today it refers specifically to objects, such as amulets, and spells used superstitiously as part of witchcraft inWest Africa.[3]

History[edit]

Juju charm protecting dugout canoe on Suriname River bank, Suriname, 1955.
The term juju, and the practices associated with it, travelled to the Americas from West Africa with the influx of slaves via the Atlantic slave trade and still survives in some areas, particularly among the various groups of Maroons, who have preserved their African traditions.

Contrary to common belief, Vodun is not related to juju, despite the linguistic and spiritual similarities. Juju has acquired some karmic attributes in more recent times: good juju can stem from almost any good deed; bad juju can be spread just as easily. These ideas revolve around the luck and fortune portions of juju. The use of juju to describe an object usually involves small items worn or carried; these generally contain medicines produced by witch doctors.

References[edit]
  1. Jump up^ "Juju | Define Juju at Dictionary.com". Dictionary.reference.com. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
  2. Jump up^ Augustus Ferryman Mockler-Ferryman, Imperial Africa: the rise, progress and future of the British possessions in Africa, Volume 1, 1898
  3. Jump up^ Oxford English Dictionary. (1971). Oxford University Press.
  4. CUNT!!!

:levylol:

Last edited:
Probably just go with the same lineup as Burnley except Stambouli taking Mason's spot due to injury. It would be nice to rest 2 or 3 others going into a huge fixture against United on Sunday but I'm not sure I really trust some of our players to beat Leicester and we absolutely cannot be dropping points against them.

5763884633_94d5252af9_z.jpg

Probably just go with the same lineup as Burnley except Stambouli taking Mason's spot due to injury. It would be nice to rest 2 or 3 others going into a huge fixture against United on Sunday but I'm not sure I really trust some of our players to beat Leicester and we absolutely cannot be dropping points against them.

I wouldn't be mad if he went with Stambouli and Dembele deep and rested Bentaleb for a match. Dembele should flourish in a fixture like this one. We better fucking win though, no excuses for not beating this lot home or away.

Not to sound unbelievably pessimistic, but I would much rather come away from the two matches with 3 points than none. Beating United would be enormous in terms of sheer confidence (and bragging rights), but I think we should field the strongest team we possibly can about Leicester, try to make up for our fucked GD and see what happens against United.

I wouldn't be mad if he went with Stambouli and Dembele deep and rested Bentaleb for a match. Dembele should flourish in a fixture like this one. We better fucking win though, no excuses for not beating this lot home or away.

I'd actually rather Bentaleb play against Leicester as he's a better passer and Dembele against United. Dembele always puts in a performance against them.

Not to sound unbelievably pessimistic, but I would much rather come away from the two matches with 3 points than none. Beating United would be enormous in terms of sheer confidence (and bragging rights), but I think we should field the strongest team we possibly can about Leicester, try to make up for our fucked GD and see what happens against United.

Yeah that was my point. We have play a full strength team against Leicester because we can't afford not to.

I'd actually rather Bentaleb play against Leicester as he's a better passer and Dembele against United. Dembele always puts in a performance against them.

I'd rather see if he was ready for manure against relegation fodder, earn his place and give Bentaleb a rest this match.

Kane should score 3, Lamela is definitely on for a brace, Eriksen has about 4 goals and 5 assists in him for this match, lets see here who else have we got... DOLPHIN how could I forget ffs well that's a fuckin hat trick, then throw Soldado on there for the last 10 so he can bag a qwik double. SORTED.

:harryhmm:

Nice touch by Leicester to name their stadium after Ledley as a tribute. The Kyle Walker stadium was also nice if not slightly unjustified.

King Power Stadium!?!?!?
How long has it been called that??[/quote]

Juju
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Juju (disambiguation).

An 1873 Victorian illustration of a "Ju-ju house" on the Bight of Benin showing fetishised skulls and bones.
Juju or Ju-Ju is a word of either West African or French origin[1] used previously by Europeans to describe traditional West African religions.[2] Today it refers specifically to objects, such as amulets, and spells used superstitiously as part of witchcraft inWest Africa.[3]

History[edit]

Juju charm protecting dugout canoe on Suriname River bank, Suriname, 1955.
The term juju, and the practices associated with it, travelled to the Americas from West Africa with the influx of slaves via the Atlantic slave trade and still survives in some areas, particularly among the various groups of Maroons, who have preserved their African traditions.

Contrary to common belief, Vodun is not related to juju, despite the linguistic and spiritual similarities. Juju has acquired some karmic attributes in more recent times: good juju can stem from almost any good deed; bad juju can be spread just as easily. These ideas revolve around the luck and fortune portions of juju. The use of juju to describe an object usually involves small items worn or carried; these generally contain medicines produced by witch doctors.

References[edit]
  1. Jump up^ "Juju | Define Juju at Dictionary.com". Dictionary.reference.com. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
  2. Jump up^ Augustus Ferryman Mockler-Ferryman, Imperial Africa: the rise, progress and future of the British possessions in Africa, Volume 1, 1898
  3. Jump up^ Oxford English Dictionary. (1971). Oxford University Press.
  4. CUNT!!!

:levylol:
Good info, next time I'll make sure to not get my juju confused with vodun

Back
Top Bottom