BOXING DAY BEATDOWN TOTTENHAM AWAY v relegation fodder

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Big concern is that in the PL today only Swansea had fewer shots and Newcastle had the same as us - 8. Same as last season, our goal difference is costing a point. Yes, pleased with the result but we were playing Leicester..... Surely an opportunity to improve our pathetic goal difference?
we're not good enough to improve our gd. There's only so many chances Kane can put away, so many free kicks Eriksen can score. Until other players fix up and start producing what's really important our gd will hardly change

the only reason i know this is because i said the exact same thing to my housemate a few weeks ago, and then he put me down!

Put him down!
Only kidding I'm sure it was mentioned on here funnily enough.Not an expert in ages and shoe size's.
Just breathe spurs.
COYS.

Great to have another 3 pts. So we were not convincing but conditions poor, a weak performance gives poch something to shout at, players kept to edge to improve.
One game at a time.

things i took away from this performance:

Negatives:
  • benji just isnt up to it, being good in the tackle can only get you so far. On the ball far too slow to pass, lacks any forward penetration and his close control is sub-parr
  • bentaleb for me put in another sub-parr performance leading on from his shocker against burnley. He looks devoid of ideas in the final third which leads to ether a sideways or backwards pass or a forward pass that is simply not on. He should have passed to lamela when he made that break; almost a certain goal if he does.
  • fazio and verts got caught napping a few times with runs in behind and for illoa's header got made to look like park footballers.
  • Walker and Rose were both poor, i might get slated for this but of the two, rose did better.. walker constantly out of position and made that dogshit LW for them look good. Winger on rose's side played a fucking blinder, helped in part by rose's performance but i think can also be attrbuted to the wingers obvisous quality.
  • Mason when he did come on, didnt really add anything ether and not sure if pauli even touched the ball (although he didnt get too many mins)
  • Lamela and eriksen also tended to drift in and out of the game, moments of pure quality folowed by 20 plus mins of fuck all
  • Our style also fell to bits, with very little pressing and only occassionaly looking dangerous on the counter

Positives:
  • Kane has again played a blinder, besides the missed header i thought his hold up play and passing was top notch and of course he scored...again
  • Eriksen and lamela although generally ineffective did enough in moments that we should have won alot more comfortably...e.g lamela's free-kick, that cheeky back-heel to eriksen..
  • Lloris is a worldie, too good for us by far.
  • generally thought fazio and verts partnership seems to be gaining traction..
In conclusion I feel poch made a few errors in his team selection, not sure why davies didnt play and feel starting benji was a huge mistake. Would have started dembele if mason wasnt 100% fit. Also his sub of chadli for soldado raised my eyebrows, personally would have thrown townsend on there for abit of width. Ether way we won and im happy enough, feel poch has really won me over and deserves at the very least 2 more seasons and a few transfer windows..

Last edited:
To improve the goal difference every move needs to go through Lamela, Eriksen and Kane. Them 3 are our attacking future and all very young and new to playing with each other. The more time they get on the pitch together learning each others movements the more fluid we'll become attacking and the goals will flow more freely. Adding Benteke, Martinez or Bony uptop with them would help too and a proper experienced DM who can pass and tackle like a beast would turn us into a real force again. We need to ship out cunts like Ade, Lennon and Kaboul who make way to much money for the effort or end product they put forth. Same old shit really. We'll probably lose Eriksen and start next season with Ade Lennon and Kabsy in the starting line up ffs lol

I agree with a lot of what Ozhotspur say's
I thought Benji was not that bad,
Bentaleb needs to play with a more forward thinking midfielder, not 2 defensive minded players
don't understand why Townsend did not come on for Lamela in last 10-15 mins
really hope we get a big strong forward in transfer window, allowing Kane to play the no 10 position

I agree with a lot of what Ozhotspur say's
I thought Benji was not that bad,
Bentaleb needs to play with a more forward thinking midfielder, not 2 defensive minded players
don't understand why Townsend did not come on for Lamela in last 10-15 mins
really hope we get a big strong forward in transfer window, allowing Kane to play the no 10 position

Townsend is utter dogshit thats why.

Edit: to be fair would probably make a better left back than rose

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom