Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are currently joint top.. You don't get there with drawing every game.. Surely you can see we are doing something right..
We are the ONLY team to remain unbeaten that's a fact end of.. We haven't been beaten this season, last season we lost our first game..

I think by the end of the weekend we'll be 5th and 3 points off top.

We lost our first game AWAY at Old Trafford. If we're going by the same fixtures as last season, we are 2 points worse off.

We are currently joint top.. You don't get there with drawing every game.. Surely you can see we are doing something right..
We are the ONLY team to remain unbeaten that's a fact end of.. We haven't been beaten this season, last season we lost our first game..

But to be fair... you could (hypothetically) remain unbeaten all season, yet get relegated... by drawing every game and going down on 38 points...
Ain't never happened... and nor is it likely to... but i'm sure the "INVINCIBLES" DVD wouldn't be a big seller!

Did not really look like winning today. Many of them need a rest mid week and I think we will have to give the league cup up. Cannot expect too much from Kane for a while as he was in bad form before his injury and will take time to start scoring again.
Hopefully now not in a position to go top we will start winning again.
Dembele getting back to his best and Toby should be back next week

I think by the end of the weekend we'll be 5th and 3 points off top.

We lost our first game AWAY at Old Trafford. If we're going by the same fixtures as last season, we are 2 points worse off.

Now you're being silly..

It doesn't matter who we've lost to or who we've drawn with the FACT is, we are unbeaten this season, the same as we drew today.. They are facts..
I never said it was good, I never said it was bad.. I said we are still unbeaten and the FACT is.. we are..

I'm happy don't get me wrong as for our injuries we are in a good position, but we are only joint top as we played the early kick off, I don't think we will be joint top come Monday night... but would love to be proven wrong!

I know what you mean... though to be fair, if we won the CL against Barca, I don't think we'd have any room for melters amongst all the Johnny-come-lately Bandwagon Super Fans!

I'm pissed off because against Man City, be proved we can beat the 'apparently' unbeatable...
yet against WBA's wall, and Bournemouth's free flowing 'open at the back' style, we couldn't beat either...
call it frustration, call it melting, but at the end of the season, the 4 points dropped in the last two games could prove way more costly than the 3 points gained against City*

*DISCLAIMER* I may be wrong, and very often am!

We'd always have melters

Look through this thread

Waiting for a cunt off later!

I'm happy don't get me wrong as for our injuries we are in a good position, but we are only joint top as we played the early kick off, I don't think we will be joint top come Monday night... but would love to be proven wrong!

"Only" joint top!

Fuck me

No I just like telling boring negative cunts like Scott to fuck off!

Times must have changed though, as I said before a draw a few season back would have been considered good away from home, I never thought a few years back that as a spurs fan I would be disappointed with a draw, surely that shows how far we have come under Poch!!

Got to start with son and lamela either side of janssen. Son is not a long striker! Eriksen should have been on the bench, don't see what he gives us these days. Impact sub maybe

The point being is that the longer the unbeaten run goes, the more of a hindrance it can become. We start to play more NOT to lose as opposed to going on and blitzing a team to win. We saw that PLENTY of times early last season. I remember people saying how the Newcastle loss at home was a blessing for us because it got that "unbeaten" run out of our minds, was a kick in the gut and we went on and hit a streak of wins.

An unbeaten run is nothing to shout about if all you're doing is drawing games.

Teams play to stop us this season which they weren't doing last season. The success of last season has made us a marked team and it won't be as easy this time around. I don't think the unbeaten run is a hindrance or see us more cautious. We just have no striker. So it will be hard to score goals against teams like this. Unfortunately the two players that do score were taken off.

Got to start with son and lamela either side of janssen. Son is not a long striker! Eriksen should have been on the bench, don't see what he gives us these days. Impact sub maybe

He's our only player really capable of hitting a first time pass - which is the main way you can break down teams defending like Bournemouth did.

Teams play to stop us this season which they weren't doing last season. The success of last season has made us a marked team and it won't be as easy this time around. I don't think the unbeaten run is a hindrance or see us more cautious. We just have no striker. So it will be hard to score goals against teams like this. Unfortunately the two players that do score were taken off.

Whilst i'd agree that that's exactly what West Brom did (and will do to others) I really don't think Bournemouth set out 'to stop us'... they (almost arrogantly) played their own game, that they've been doing since the Championship...
Last season, we picked them off (after the early goal...) this season, we couldn't manage to... they played exactly the same way... we seemed more intent on getting someone sent off, than playing our game and doing to them what we did to them last season.
They seem to have improved markedly from last season... we... not so much!

Back
Top Bottom