Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure what that has to do with us being unbeaten this season.. That's a fact..

The point being is that the longer the unbeaten run goes, the more of a hindrance it can become. We start to play more NOT to lose as opposed to going on and blitzing a team to win. We saw that PLENTY of times early last season. I remember people saying how the Newcastle loss at home was a blessing for us because it got that "unbeaten" run out of our minds, was a kick in the gut and we went on and hit a streak of wins.

An unbeaten run is nothing to shout about if all you're doing is drawing games.

I'm sure u can. Couple of years ago by the sound of it.

I could understand u getting upset with my original post if I had ACTUALLY melted i.e. Gone ott saying it was a disgrace etc etc.

Try throwing ur melting comments at the right people instead of everyone that wasn't happy with the result. There is a difference.

Ok but stop taking offence at people who disagree with you

It happens

More pt's is better than being
unbeaten.
Some will tell you it's better we drew to both wba & bournemouth rather than win & lose one.

Agreed. I said the same.

Would much rather have taken a loss to West Brom and beat Bournemouth here. We'd have 1 extra point and would actually be top right now too.

Straight from the horses mouth.... Poch - " if we want to contend for the title we need to win games like today"

Now is Poch considered a melter now????

:pochsmirk:
He also didn't give njie a fair chance so he is a crap fan with no faith & a big hairy melter!

The point being is that the longer the unbeaten run goes, the more of a hindrance it can become. We start to play more NOT to lose as opposed to going on and blitzing a team to win. We saw that PLENTY of times early last season. I remember people saying how the Newcastle loss at home was a blessing for us because it got that "unbeaten" run out of our minds, was a kick in the gut and we went on and hit a streak of wins.

think people are making way more of the unbeaten thing than the team will be. We never play not to lose and this stat won't change that.

We are currently joint top.. You don't get there with drawing every game.. Surely you can see we are doing something right..
We are the ONLY team to remain unbeaten that's a fact end of.. We haven't been beaten this season, last season we lost our first game..

Okay everyone toe the line. No one is allowed to say anything about the game. The only thing you are all allowed to say is 'stop melting' or 'stop moaning'. A preemptive move of course because there actually is no melting. Simply people saying we need to score more but defense is good. It is bizarre form of virtue signalling. Telling some of the more 'respected' member that you are playing ball.

You're definition of melting is different to mine clearly

Melting to me is so called fans unfairly criticising the team they profess to support
Melting is continually looking on the black side, forgetting how far we've come under Poch when things don't go our way!

We all get disappointed occasionally and we all have the right to make an opinion

It's a forum

But some of the miserable fuckers on here really piss me off

If we won the CL against Barca .2-1 some on here would moan it wasn't 3

Get fucking real

I know what you mean... though to be fair, if we won the CL against Barca, I don't think we'd have any room for melters amongst all the Johnny-come-lately Bandwagon Super Fans!

I'm pissed off because against Man City, be proved we can beat the 'apparently' unbeatable...
yet against WBA's wall, and Bournemouth's free flowing 'open at the back' style, we couldn't beat either...
call it frustration, call it melting, but at the end of the season, the 4 points dropped in the last two games could prove way more costly than the 3 points gained against City*

*DISCLAIMER* I may be wrong, and very often am!

Agreed. I said the same.

Would much rather have taken a loss to West Brom and beat Bournemouth here. We'd have 1 extra point and would actually be top right now too.

Fuck me your maths are outstanding!

Does that mean if we had beaten West Brom and Bournemouth we'd have got 6 points?

:pocheyes:

Back
Top Bottom