Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur - Westfalenstadion - 5th March 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:freundgoal:Winks & Dier

Defensive line-up to start obviously. Be strong. No silly mistakes. Stay compact. Frustrate.

Winks and Sissoko. I would even start with Dier if fit. Winks at base of diamond, with Sissoko and Dier. Eriksen at top.

Kane on his own but only if we played a back 4.

So likely Winks and Sissoko, with Eriksen and Moura if 3-5-2.

Son on the bench.

With the recent team news, I'd probably go with:

Lloris
Foyth - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Walker-Peters - Sissoko - Winks - Eriksen - Davies
Son - Kane
Think we'll draw this, or at the very worst lose by a single goal. Would be very disappointed if we ended up getting knocked out but I can't see that happening.

Just don't concede early, do the basics and we'll get through it.

With the recent team news, I'd probably go with:

Lloris
Foyth - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Walker-Peters - Sissoko - Winks - Eriksen - Davies
Son - Kane
Think we'll draw this, or at the very worst lose by a single goal. Would be very disappointed if we ended up getting knocked out but I can't see that happening.

Just don't concede early, do the basics and we'll get through it.

"Recent team news?"

Hmm. Isn't it a bad idea to treat it as if it's '0-0 at the start'?

We have a fantastic tactical advantage and have the luxury of knowing that they have to come out and attack us. Going about the match in our usual style might make the game so open that they could punish us.

Poch has confirmed Trippier didn't travel.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom