Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur - Westfalenstadion - 5th March 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch has confirmed Trippier didn't travel.

tenor.gif
How did it come to this?

giphy.gif

On a side note: with some of us tearing our hair out that Trippier keeps getting starts while KWP has been criminally underused this season - is it possible that Poch is letting Trippier play his way out of the squad? (I'm reminded of the 4D chess when making Kaboul captain, etc)

No one would have wanted him gone after the World Cup, but ask your average Spurs fan now...

We should not risk players one yellow card away from a ban. we do need a good performance to get our confidence up for Saturday. Southampton played well at old trafford and at Wembley against us. need to get some confidence and whilst a narrow defeat ok, not scraping through after a 3 goal advantage.

Hmm. Isn't it a bad idea to treat it as if it's '0-0 at the start'?

We have a fantastic tactical advantage and have the luxury of knowing that they have to come out and attack us. Going about the match in our usual style might make the game so open that they could punish us.

He ain't had his best 3 matches ao lets hope they are the unedifying filling between 2 nice pieces of bread.

Right Daniel, what I want you to do is come off your line when he gets to the edge of the box,
Poch has confirmed Trippier didn't travel.

tenor.gif
Replacement is getting his instruction from the gaffer.

"Right Daniel, what I want you to do is take command of this area, without the ball I want you to win every ball unlike that little fucker who gets beaten in the air on the back post all the fucking time. Don't stand off the oppo and let them cross or get their shot in, and for fuck's sake show for the ball, don't shit yourself every time we try to build from the back, get your body positioning right, don't be afraid to let the ball run across you so you can then pass it forwards. Oh and if you fucking cross it more than 3 times without it finding a white shirt I'm going to fucking kill you!" Vamos!!!!

Defensive line-up to start obviously. Be strong. No silly mistakes. Stay compact. Frustrate.

Winks and Sissoko. I would even start with Dier if fit. Winks at base of diamond, with Sissoko and Dier. Eriksen at top.

Kane on his own but only if we played a back 4.

So likely Winks and Sissoko, with Eriksen and Moura if 3-5-2.

Son on the bench.

No more diamonds ever!!!!!:wansum:

"They are here because we need one day more to assess. Dier is a lot of time to not play. We will see if he can be on the bench - I don't believe he can start. Winks is the same."

Dele Alli returns to Tottenham training following hamstring injury
Better not to risk Dier or Winks if they aren't 100%. Those two could be very important against Southampton next weekend anyway.

To be honest, I wouldn't really want to see Kane starting this one - but the point is moot as he'll undoubtedly be in the first XI.
:kanehand:

Better not to risk Dier or Winks if they aren't 100%. Those two could be very important against Southampton next weekend anyway.

To be honest, I wouldn't really want to see Kane starting this one - but the point is moot as he'll undoubtedly be in the first XI.
:kanehand:

Dier will take a looong time to build his physical condition, do not expect to see him starting matches until after the international break.

Back
Top Bottom