Atmosphere (again)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the stewards should ease up the 'sit down' malarkey.

But the key is the new stadium, and not allowing it to be more than 30k season ticket holders, with one stand being designated 'singing stand' or whatever name the club approves, to denote you are allowed/indeed encouraged to sing there.

While we're waiting for this 'New Jerusalem', 1882 to be encouraged as much as possible, and more blocks allocated to it wherever possible. The short-term future for us is Cup games, where many of the regulars, a large proportion of whom like to moan and whinge, and far too rarely sing and chant for us, don't go so often allowing new blood and renewed vigour into the stadium

buy tickets on the day - allow you to go there as a group with your mates and sit together - Once you have bought your ticket you have to go straight in (meaning no touting / passing on tickets) -means you go to the ground earlier as you want to get in the ground. Build up to the game will be longer / better - in line with Standing ( oldens will not want to be standing for that long moving them to other parts of the ground) and drinkig at your seat (will not be in the concourse)

Done.

I dont like the term subsidised tickets, who are they subsidising - just cheaper tickets, the club is ripping us off, cheaper tickets means a younger and more workign class supporter base - also means those who go will not be so demanding.

I agree with @ r-u-s-x r-u-s-x buying tickets on the gate would save so much effort and fannying about & would also stop the 'LP Mafia' from buying all the Europa home tickets so they can go to Woolwich/Chelsea away.

I like the buying tickets on the day idea, it would encourage more spontaneous groups of supporters to go. Again it probably has to be the new stadium where this is tried. First off keep 5% or so of the capacity back for the day, then if successful 10%, etc.

1. Agree 100%, ticket prices are outrageous, there needs to be an upper limit for most sections of the ground, multi-buy deals, more family deals….not just for the select low category games, but all games.
2. Can’t see that ever happening – and I do think banning orders for certain incidents are correct.
3. Agree – Once again it smacks that these people who hand out the sentences think that football fans are seen as a separate breed to the rest of society, being linked to the hooligan days that really don’t exist anymore.
4. Needs to be done and seriously looked into. Things have moved on and there’s viable options available now to make standing safe, probably safer than having seats.
5. How can you ascertain who’s a “hardcore” fan…we’re all hard core in our own way, no? Agree certain sections should come with a warming that there’s a “no-hold barred” attitude towards the language used.
6. Agree
7. Drinking will never be allowed on the terraces again, that’s the law, it’ll never change
8. We’ll all be chanting Yid’s until we decide not to use it, no one can tell us we can’t
9. Yep, agree once again, and also have a price on these tickets capped
10. Changes to football itself:
Make the CL for the champions only. CL games on Tuesday nights. A straight knockout competition
UEFA Cup on Wednesday nights. Again a straight knockout competition. Top leagues should have 5 places, so from England those would be the teams finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th, and the winners of the league and FA Cups. Accordingly, there would be more Saturday 3pm kick offs, and more interest in the league and FA Cup.
Stricter rules on financial fair play.
A rule stating all clubs must have a quota of home grown players
Agree with all those points, except maybe the home grown quota……Assuming it’s to do with the national side……England have always been shit, no amount of home grown players will change that, no matter what people say. When was the last time England were any good? Protection of young players coming through, instead of being cast aside is the way forward. Structured progress through the clubs, wage caps until they are 18, no transfers for anyone under 18. That’s the way to get players through the academies and into the 1st teams.

Young people make more noise than old people.
Old people have more money than young people.

Lower ticket prices = better atmosphere.

Old people die before young people...

FFS, let them in first to sing their failing lungs and hearts out... just one last wish!

Assuming it’s to do with the national side……England have always been shit, no amount of home grown players will change that, no matter what people say. When was the last time England were any good? .
Would it not mean you feel more connected to the players and the players (hopefully ) feel more conected to the club?

WHICH IS WHERE PRECISELY??

(sorry for shouting, had my CAPS LOCK on!)

Haha, no worries.

East lower, block 30. It's good for the big games but the small games are a different matter - I genuinely believe Sunday afternoon games have a big impact.

The stewards tend to be alright where I am as well I don't usually ask us to sit down, so it's not that...

Back
Top Bottom