are you going to wembley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

are you going to wembley

• yes

Votes: 124 75.2%
  • no

Votes: 41 24.8%

• Total voters
Would LOVE to, but nobody seems keen on buying my house that I'm trying to sell, so I'd have to do run a crowd-funding campaign to raise the necessary pounds. Not sure if anyone would see my challenge as the most worthy charity case, unfortunately.

Cant Wait , in the gods hope H is playing, leaving central london about 4 cant decide which pubs to hit, tried a few over there not been that impressed

Cant Wait , in the gods hope H is playing, leaving central london about 4 cant decide which pubs to hit, tried a few over there not been that impressed
For Dortmund no alcohol sales an hour before the game for a mile radius - stock up on cans of G&T is my advice.

Just wanted to post a a few words about Wembley. Of course i miss Tottenham and can't wait to get back but in years to come I'll think we will grateful for the Wembley experience.

I went tonight to the Newport game and all my regular season ticket holders who sit around me gave it a miss. A freezing cold Wednesday night sandwiched between man u, Woolwich with juventus on the horizon who could blame them. The ground was half full... but and its a big but the ground was full of young kids and families who couldn't normally attend the old white Hart Lane.

I am of the generation that could turn up as a kid and watch the spurs. I have been acutely aware that the old white Hart Lane was growing old with me. Much like I was the last generation who could buy a house in London. I was aware that our generation was pulling up the access to spurs behind them.

Now though Wembley has thrown open the ability to see spurs. On the big occasions when it's full it positively pulsating. So many more spus fans are getting to see their heroes in the flesh and i think this will invigorate our support in years to come.

The new white hart Lane can't come to soon but we should be very grateful for our wembley sojourn

I’m not going to go to games if it’s cold. Fuck that, and paying for tickets when it’s on TV? I only have 7 fingers left due to frostbite when following Spurs. I lost 2 at Burnley away at the 2009 semi- final. I used to be full on, but my increasing lack of digits hinders my chances of meaningful employment.

Just wanted to post a a few words about Wembley. Of course i miss Tottenham and can't wait to get back but in years to come I'll think we will grateful for the Wembley experience.

I went tonight to the Newport game and all my regular season ticket holders who sit around me gave it a miss. A freezing cold Wednesday night sandwiched between man u, Woolwich with juventus on the horizon who could blame them. The ground was half full... but and its a big but the ground was full of young kids and families who couldn't normally attend the old white Hart Lane.

I am of the generation that could turn up as a kid and watch the spurs. I have been acutely aware that the old white Hart Lane was growing old with me. Much like I was the last generation who could buy a house in London. I was aware that our generation was pulling up the access to spurs behind them.

Now though Wembley has thrown open the ability to see spurs. On the big occasions when it's full it positively pulsating. So many more spus fans are getting to see their heroes in the flesh and i think this will invigorate our support in years to come.

The new white hart Lane can't come to soon but we should be very grateful for our wembley sojourn

Where's my name check?
:dembelewtf:

Brilliant post.
I've loved watching Spurs at Wembley and I'm looking forward to the the Woolwich match like no match before, ever.
80,000 + yids dwarfing their pathetic supporters will be an experience never to forget.
I've criticized Levy on occasion in the past, but full credit and thanks for securing Wembley for us, the fans ,this season

Brilliant post.
I've loved watching Spurs at Wembley and I'm looking forward to the the Woolwich match like no match before, ever.
80,000 + yids dwarfing their pathetic supporters will be an experience never to forget.
I've criticized Levy on occasion in the past, but full credit and thanks for securing Wembley for us, the fans ,this season

Ha ha. You’re so full of shit. You HATE this club.

Nice post. Have to say, the first couple of matches, I really wasn’t enjoying it. But that all turned around quite quickly and I will actually look back rather fondly on our stay at Wembley.

I have my travel routine, favourite cafe, pub (serving Redemption Ales) and pre match eatery. Club Wembley means you can have a drink for European matches, if you want. I’ve been able to bring my wife and kids along to a cup game for £30 all in.

And, for the non-‘sell out’ matches I’ve been able to mingle on the Shelf Side as well as my pretty decent seat behind the goal. When it’s full with 80,000+ Yids inside, it also looks immense.

Totally agree about how this has helped with growing the fan base, as well as keeping the profile of our club very high in European football.

Cracking post mate. I was thinking the same tonight, I went by myself but enjoyed a few pre match pints chatting to a couple of locals who were telling me it was great for them to have access to games this term.
They were over the moon with the club on pricing on our last two FA cup games.
I noticed plenty of youngsters tonight which was good to see. But most pleasing was seeing a fair few old boys who I'm sure can't get to many games these days.
I agree that Wembley has given thousands of people access to see Spurs this season!

Back
Top Bottom