are you going to wembley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

are you going to wembley

• yes

Votes: 124 75.2%
  • no

Votes: 41 24.8%

• Total voters
We watched all the match and went down Wembley way and it was slow but not as bad as I expected and got on train for Liverpool Street at 10 20. Surprised how orderly and patient queues were as anxious to avoid a crush as my wife has a broken wrist and nearly did not go because of risk of further damage but no problem.

It was very well organised..

Go to Wembley Park and on a train by 22-10. Was going to walk further and get on at Wembley Central but glad I didn't as the stewards in their pink coats and placards were spot on..
I left at full time, took the longer route via Empire Way to avoid Wembley Way and got on a train at the same time. Dunno whether the tens of thousands leaving early might have had something to do with it being better!

been offered a couple of tickets for the CSK game, wouldn't mind taking my dad along but one of the tickets is a child. does anyone know if there is an easy way to upgrade them?
wee-jimmy.jpg

The tickets are barcoded and turnstiles automated, no one will know mate. The only staff present are security doing searches.
When a child goes through, a light on the other side flashes up so that, in theory at least, a member of staff will check whether the person looks young enough. Don't think it happens much in practice though

my dad is a senior member so the ticket price is the same... so even if it flashes if he shows his seniors card and said there was a problem with the ticket issue would he likely gain entry?
Tell you dad to ask for assistance (bad knees, back etc, at the main entrance), a lift. They will take you to another entrance, to a lift. You will have one of the other staff just scan the ticket. No turnstiles.
Never had my ticket scanned Monaco, but did at Bayer. Wasn't searched both times.

Really looking forward to this one. As usual! I'm lower tier opposite the dugouts, centre line 20-ish rows back, so interested to see how it goes there.

I do have a feeling we'll be 2-0 up and cruising then ship a last minute goal that sends us out on away goals but it'll be a laugh anyway

Really looking forward to this one. As usual! I'm lower tier opposite the dugouts, centre line 20-ish rows back, so interested to see how it goes there.

I do have a feeling we'll be 2-0 up and cruising then ship a last minute goal that sends us out on away goals but it'll be a laugh anyway

Away goals is a bullshit rule.
:pochunimpressed:

EDIT: On reflection I suppose it's still fairer than pens at a non-neutral ground. Gutting way to be knocked out though, especially at the end of a game you've just won!

Won't happen anyway, we'll smash em. COYS.

Last edited:
Bobby Moore club for this one. Never done corporate, but brilliant seats apparently. I'll give you oiks a wave, what?

(Basically I'll do nearly anything for a drink)

Joe - I have done the Oak room at WHL a few times and one or two of the others over the years, most with free bar and food and mixing with ex players and notable fan etc, and to be honest I hate it.. It's all so pretentious and I miss the proper atmosphere of the Peasants in the South Stand.

It's OK on the odd occasion but give the uncomfortable seats and real match day experience anytime..

Oh, but enjoy your day out none the less...

Joe - I have done the Oak room at WHL a few times and one or two of the others over the years, most with free bar and food and mixing with ex players and notable fan etc, and to be honest I hate it.. It's all so pretentious and I miss the proper atmosphere of the Peasants in the South Stand.

It's OK on the odd occasion but give the uncomfortable seats and real match day experience anytime..

Oh, but enjoy your day out none the less...

It's really not my thing at all, but I'll try anything once except incest and Morris dancing.

The free drinks are always nice but pretending to be someone you're not is never easy.. I had to watch a match in a suit and tie once, it's just not Cricket..
There's no dress code, it's the first thing we checked. Just no replica shirts, and the tickets were a gift. I'm interested to see what you get for £6500 a year. The seats are right behind the dugouts - l wouldn't go if it was in a glass box.

Back
Top Bottom