Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is amazing it still needs repeating to people yet they still blame the manager. It’s baffling.
I don’t blame the manager I blame Levy. I don’t want Conte here because his brand of football is turgid. I do not want Conte here because he has acted like he did as a massive favour by being here. The fact is Conte is in this mess because Levy cannot follow a simple long term plan. The fact is Levy has continuously underinvested in the team and that is why we are where we are.

I do not understand why some people think Conte can walk on water it baffles me. I watch our midfield get overrun in every game and allow the opposition have possession of the ball. While Spurs only hope of scoring is a counter attack. I also watched Conte run Dele out of Spurs, who has given me infinite more moments of joy in a Spurs shirt than Conte ever has. I watch a man tell me that his players are shit every week and we wonder why they make mistakes.

Conte could put extreme pressure on the board right now then just by saying "I want to sign a new deal but I haven't been offered one"

If he comes out and says that it will really set the cat amongst the pigeons. He's volatile enough to do it, and if Levy's holding out he's got nothing to lose.
true, he doesnt sound like a man who is looking to leave even after getting hammered by city:

"I want to improve the team and the club with my vision, with my idea, with my suggestions. Then for sure we see. I'm totally into the new situation and know that my task is to be part of this process and try to, with a team in transition, to start to become solid and to build a solid foundation and try to build a team ready to fight to win."

I don’t blame the manager I blame Levy. I don’t want Conte here because his brand of football is turgid. I do not want Conte here because he has acted like he did as a massive favour by being here. The fact is Conte is in this mess because Levy cannot follow a simple long term plan. The fact is Levy has continuously underinvested in the team and that is why we are where we are.

I do not understand why some people think Conte can walk on water it baffles me. I watch our midfield get overrun in every game and allow the opposition have possession of the ball. While Spurs only hope of scoring is a counter attack. I also watched Conte run Dele out of Spurs, who has given me infinite more moments of joy in a Spurs shirt than Conte ever has. I watch a man tell me that his players are shit every week and we wonder why they make mistakes.
Agree with almost all of that apart from Dele. He was done long before Conte arrived.

Confused.
Average player age last night was 28 years old. Average International Caps per player 68 !

Only Kulusevski was under 24. Everyone else older.

Maybe he means mean that they don’t have experience as a team, but do as individuals?

To counter that 6 of the players last night were playing under Jose. And 5 of them together under Poch.

This is not an experience problem. It’s quality and tactical.

But I don’t think that’s true. A lot of people think both ENIC/Levy and Conte are to blame. I find it baffling that you think that Conte is doing a good job

I think that like Klopp, the injuries and schedule have been a massive problem. There are also poor decisions from the manager on top of that, no escaping that.

But we brought players in the summer who have not improved the team. Our starting XI yesterday had one new signing in it and he was the worst player. Apart from Richarlison we brought only cheap players. Not bad players but cheap players. The squad didn’t need more cheap players. I’d rather have brought 2-3 top players than 7 who aren’t actually first XI material. We keep making the same mistake.

Not read a word of what this absolute clown has had to say, but I'll take a guess.

It's somehow the clubs fault that we lost 4 - 2 despite being 2 - 0 up at half time and absolutely nothing to do with him? Am I close?

But I don’t think that’s true. A lot of people think both ENIC/Levy and Conte are to blame. I find it baffling that you think that Conte is doing a good job

I think he needs to change things up definitely but I also think he’s been hamstrung by injuries and a massive drop in form. Look at the first half last night. That was more like how we played last season. Now bentancur is back that’s got to help. He needs more players in though doesn’t he? Lloris and son need dropping (if he doesn’t do that he’s only got himself to blame) Dier, Sessegnon, Davies, Hojbjerg etc letting down yet another manager yet he has to pick them as there’s no alternative. Only 4 days until the next game, where he needs to do something different.

Conte could put extreme pressure on the board right now then just by saying "I want to sign a new deal but I haven't been offered one"

If he comes out and says that it will really set the cat amongst the pigeons. He's volatile enough to do it, and if Levy's holding out he's got nothing to lose.

I hope he does. It is strange why no journalists have asked him flat out what’s happened with his contract isn’t it. Have they been briefed by the club not to ask him perhaps?

15 million pounds per year. Let that sink into the mind.

Of course we all want to see new players at prices that can be considered reasonable in a world of no guarantees and yes we absolutely need players of quality but. .

What added value is Conte bringing to this team or club at present and in the last 3 months?

If the fcuking bloke can't/won't commit then how can we navigate out of these choppy waters as though we are all in it together?

Sone right twats on here who see it solely as a Levy/ENIC out diatribe the second we lose a game. Fcuking grow up.

We need to spend but we also need a manager who wants to be at the club through thick and thin, and who is competent. Right now we don't have any if it.
In the end its Levy/Enic that has to sack the manager. Me and you cant do it. So it actually is mainly a Levy/Enic problem.

All the Conte out hysteria is so laughably predictable. We're getting nowhere if we just keep hiring and firing elite serial winning managers. While the real culprits get a free pass.

He'll get the sack. Get backed and win silverware again at his next club, while we trundle on as the banter club waiting for the next fall guy to blame

#Levyout #BackConte

Team Antonio :contefists:
Two things can be true...DL/ENIC are toxic AND Conte is a one-trick pony fraud. There is enough evidence to support both of those positions and if you are going to logically follow the evidence against ENIC then do it for Conte as well. We are living the evidence and nothing from shit Serie A or the Chelsea team that won the league and downed tools on Mou the year before should change that.

#CONTEOUT #ENICOUT

We’re in complete freefall. Our ‘best start to a Premier League season’ over first 10 games was largely down to the fact that we were facing mostly teams in lower reaches of the table. In our last 10 games, mostly against sides in top half of table, we’ve picked up 10 points from 30, conceded 21 goals, conceding at least 2 goals in 9 of those 10 games.

We’ve 33 points so far this season. Against the sides in bottom half of the table, we’ve amassed 25 points from a possible 30 - draw at Spammers and loss to Villa only dropped points there. Bar draw at Spammers we’ve beaten all of the bottom 9 Southampton, Everton, Bournemouth, Wolves, Leicester, Leeds, Notts Forest and Palace.

Against sides in the top half of the table, we’ve amassed a derisory 8 points from 30. We’ve beaten Fulham and Brighton, drawn with Chavs and Brentford. Lost to Woolwich (x2), Newcastle and Dippers at home and away at Man U and Citeh.

If you’re paying £15 million a year for one of the supposed ‘elite managers’ of the world game and a ‘proven winner’, it’s not unreasonable to expect that he would offer something in the big high stake games against the top sides. In that regard, Conte has offered close to nothing.

I think he needs to change things up definitely but I also think he’s been hamstrung by injuries and a massive drop in form. Look at the first half last night. That was more like how we played last season. Now bentancur is back that’s got to help. He needs more players in though doesn’t he? Lloris and son need dropping (if he doesn’t do that he’s only got himself to blame) Dier, Sessegnon, Davies, Hojbjerg etc letting down yet another manager yet he has to pick them as there’s no alternative. Only 4 days until the next game, where he needs to do something different.
Well time will tell but I don’t see him doing too much different on Monday. He may make the odd change in personnel but the system stays the same which must make it very easy for opposition managers to plan against us- I wonder if this is part of the reason why we have been so poor in the first half of matches ie because the opposition know exactly how we will set up

What if that offer from levy just isn’t there?

We know they met in December but that’s it. Nothing since then. Personally I think levy has pulled the rug from under his feet.
I think it was a marriage of convenience 14 months ago. We were desperate, Conte was bored waiting for offers so it suited both at the time. There was always something iffy about an 18 month contract. Now i dont think either party wants to be in the marriage anymore but its a stand off.

Despite the nice words something changed in Contes manner during the world cup, perhaps his friends passing on, perhaps promises not being kept. Probably a bit of both. Now the results have caught up with performances i think the idea of any new contract from either side is fanciful.

And why would he commit if the club won't back him? Chicken and egg, should never been handed an 18 month contract.
I actually think the 18 month contract was brilliant. He's supposedly an immediate results manager...and before now folks would suggest it was his methods and NOT the checkbook. Well, it's pretty friggin clear now that he improves no one and his success was from financial dominance and the checkbook that came with it. And his football is rancid.

And since Levy made him sing for his supper we aren't on the hook for another 3 years @ 15M for his dinosaur football. It was justified since this appt would be something different to what Conte has usually taken and it came with some concerns. I'm not one to back Levy, in general, but he got this short-term contract for a short-term coach correct. There's an option year and Conte hasn't even warranted activating that. And if Arse hadn't choked last year the perspective would be even clearer to most.

Dunno if it was last night or this morning but Conte has now been on the radio saying he'll wait till the summer to decide on his future.

Back
Top Bottom