Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

true, he doesnt sound like a man who is looking to leave even after getting hammered by city:

"I want to improve the team and the club with my vision, with my idea, with my suggestions. Then for sure we see. I'm totally into the new situation and know that my task is to be part of this process and try to, with a team in transition, to start to become solid and to build a solid foundation and try to build a team ready to fight to win."

......but?

All very odd.

Perhaps he’s aware of some investment in the offing.

I don’t blame him for our malaise, we all know where change is needed. But his moaning is tedious. I object to someone being paid such an obscene wage and then shrugging his shoulders.

I’m just bored of these dickhead super managers. We’re not that sort of club. We’re acting like an Aldi Chelsea.

Dunno if it was last night or this morning but Conte has now been on the radio saying he'll wait till the summer to decide on his future.
Even more annoying is that the club is going to let it happen, thus missing out on this transfer window, thus players getting a clean slate with the new manager, thus next season sucking ass again

I think it’s best to part ways in the summer.

Any extension will only be a year long due to his massive salary so we’ll just be back here every 12 months.

Imagine turning up to play Sunday league football and being set up and told to play like this. It would literally suck all the fun out of playing. It's supposed to be enjoyable you're supposed to want the ball and play with it. This football is absolute nonsense.

He needs to be more ruthless and drop Lloris and Son. He's damaging the club by not doing so.

Seems like more and more he’s in a pissing match with Levy/Paratici. The stubbornness is baffling but this squad is so poorly assembled

We don’t have the CBsto play 4 at the back. We only have 1 RB and 1 LB (Emerson/Davies). No one wants that.

Don’t have the wingers to play 4-3-3 even if we did play 4 at the back.

Don’t have any creative CMs to play 3-5-2. Certainly don’t have the WBs to play this either (outside of Perisic who had a mare).

Honestly don’t know what any manager is supposed to do here. No one wants to believe Conte about this being a process and laying a foundation but this squad is a complete mess.

I can't help but feel everybody at the club is on tenterhooks, as if there is a deal going on in background.

If ENIC are selling up, it's likely a new owner wont want to be lumbered with a recently signed manager on a long contract, especially if they have their own ideas.

I also feel this is why the naming rights deal was never forthcoming, as it's intrinsically linked with the sale and promotion of the new owners.

So what happens...? We don't spend any money on on players that might not be right, we don't back a manager to stop him leaving, we don't sign a new manager incase he's not wanted but we wait. Players feel the unrest about their future. In short it's a shambles

Seems like more and more he’s in a pissing match with Levy/Paratici. The stubbornness is baffling but this squad is so poorly assembled

We don’t have the CBsto play 4 at the back. We only have 1 RB and 1 LB (Emerson/Davies). No one wants that.

Don’t have the wingers to play 4-3-3 even if we did play 4 at the back.

Don’t have any creative CMs to play 3-5-2. Certainly don’t have the WBs to play this either (outside of Perisic who had a mare).

Honestly don’t know what any manager is supposed to do here. No one wants to believe Conte about this being a process and laying a foundation but this squad is a complete mess.
Yes it's in a mess but it would still be better without Lloris and Son right now, so Conte isn't getting the best out of who is available, he's just sticking with them both based on last years reputations.

From Conte's POV, I can't see what he has to loose by sticking it out? He can refuse to sign an extension at the end of the season saying the club didn't match his ambitions, or live up to their word. That the quality of the signing weren't the required level.

He wont be branded a quitter, and most people will rightly or wrongly blame the club. For his rep, it's probably worse if he jacks it in now. I don't see the play and results getting much worse, we will win and loose a few and end up 7th of 8th.

He needs to commit and the club then needs to back him properly over 2 or 3 transfer windows including this one. That means buying geniune quality and selling players who have no future here. And the fans have patience while this turnover of playing staff happens.

otherwise you end it now and get someone in asap and hope we get a temp upswing with the same garbage get top 4 and we just revisit the same problem in 18 months

In what fairytale land are you living in?!?

Conte has been here now for ~1 year and 3 months. And you suggest us to back him for 3 transfer windows. Which would assume he'd be here for Jan+Summer+next Jan, so at least until 2024 summer? And if such investment has been made, that should just be the start of it...

You do realize that it would mean him to stick to one club for 2 years and 8 months ?!? Conte does not do that. His longest stay was 3 years and 2 months... for the club he spent most of his playing career in and who was at the time undisputed powerhouse in the league. From everywhere else he has left much sooner.

And he has been orchestrating his exit from Spurs for a while now. I refuse to believe that there is imbecile big enough in this world who would start current form Son over and over and over again. Starting with 10 men and bringing relegation form results will mean he can have half of the year off with compensation of 7,5 mil for that. And then take on a challenge that he himself finds exiting to him. As opposed his current job,that he shows every step, that is below his level.

Ship has sailed. we took a gamble on Conte. His system worked only if Kane and Son were fully firing. When one of the world class players were taken out of the formula, his "tactics" and "plans" crumbled like house of cards. This was painfully obvious before the world cup - this gamble did not pay off, let's not write off the season, sack him (right after Leeds game), then give new coach ~1,5-2 months to assess current players and make first moves in Janurary market.

Now we have toxic, whiney idiot who does not even try to amend anything and is ruining results, atmosphere and worst of all - wasting young players time and who will be sacked soon anyway. Why should we waste time?

Back
Top Bottom