Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From Conte's POV, I can't see what he has to loose by sticking it out? He can refuse to sign an extension at the end of the season saying the club didn't match his ambitions, or live up to their word. That the quality of the signing weren't the required level.

He wont be branded a quitter, and most people will rightly or wrongly blame the club. For his rep, it's probably worse if he jacks it in now. I don't see the play and results getting much worse, we will win and loose a few and end up 7th of 8th.
Exactly this is the problem. Conte is trying to rehabilitate his image because he is notorious for being difficult to work with. The fact is I never thought I would enjoy the football less than I would under Mourinho and start to dislike a manager as much these guys have firmly eclipsed my memories of Graham and he won us a league cup.

Once more - how can anyone suggest that we should give money for Conte targets in our current situation.

Last 10 EPL games - 6 losses, 1 draw, 3 wins. 10 points, 1 point per game.
We have conceded 21 goals (2,1 per game). For fuck sake, we play back 5 and without attacking midfielder, and on average we concede more than 2 goals per game.

You will NEVER win games like that.

Let's say how things really are - Conte got the results on back of having two world class attacking players, supported by 3rd, upcoming attacking player. It was not the system. It was individuals.

And from the moment one of the world class strikers fell off cliff, everything has totally crumbled and he has 0 ideas or knowledge how to improve anything at all.

One thing that’s bugging me about Conte’s comments lately is he’s starting to pull out the excuses like “If Perisic scores to make it 3-2, we might have won.”

First, we couldn’t even hold onto a 2 goal lead for 8 minutes.

Second, if Haaland scores his empty net header instead of heading over, we likely go into half down 1-0 instead of 2 up. So you can’t just play the what if game only when it’s convenient and pretend everything’s fine.

One thing that’s bugging me about Conte’s comments lately is he’s starting to pull out the excuses like “If Perisic scores to make it 3-2, we might have won.”

First, we couldn’t even hold onto a 2 goal lead for 8 minutes.

Second, if Haaland scores his empty net header instead of heading over, we likely go into half down 1-0 instead of 2 up. So you can’t just play the what if game only when it’s convenient and pretend everything’s fine.
"But if we would have scored more goals than ManCity, I believe we could have won it!" :D :D

From Conte's POV, I can't see what he has to loose by sticking it out? He can refuse to sign an extension at the end of the season saying the club didn't match his ambitions, or live up to their word. That the quality of the signing weren't the required level.

He wont be branded a quitter, and most people will rightly or wrongly blame the club. For his rep, it's probably worse if he jacks it in now. I don't see the play and results getting much worse, we will win and loose a few and end up 7th of 8th.
Yeah, its clear he isnt walking and its also clear he wont sign a new contract. The board are going to have to grow a pair. I bet they're like headless chickens right now with absolutely no clue what to do. Conte has basically called their bluff. I reckon they would have hoped he'd resign. How bad do they let it get, a defeat to Fulham and 10 pts from 11 games? Out to Preston in the cup? If either of those happen he has to be sacked or once again its total negligence on their part.

Once more - how can anyone suggest that we should give money for Conte targets in our current situation.

We have conceded 21 goals (2,1 per game). For fuck sake, we play back 5 and without attacking midfielder, and on average we concede more than 2 goals per game.

Let's say how things really are - Conte got the results on back of having two world class attacking players, supported by 3rd, upcoming attacking player. It was not the system. It was individuals.

And from the moment one of the world class strikers fell off cliff, everything has totally crumbled and he has 0 ideas or knowledge how to improve anything at all.
agree with a lot of this, the other plus last season was Davies, the amount of time he would throw himself in front of shots last season saved us many times

Just reading Pep's postgame comments. He tore into his team - "We lacked guts, passion, fire, desire to win from minute one,". Meanwhile the Tottenham manager says it was a good performance after blowing a 2 goal lead.

Just reading Pep's postgame comments. He tore into his team - "We lacked guts, passion, fire, desire to win from minute one,". Meanwhile the Tottenham manager says it was a good performance after blowing a 2 goal lead.

Probably sums up the mentality of both groups of players. Guardiola knows he can tear into his players in public and private and they can take it, whilst Conte knows ours have the constitution of a wet paper bag and so has to treat them with kid gloves.

Probably sums up the mentality of both groups of players. Guardiola knows he can tear into his players in public and private and they can take it, whilst Conte knows ours have the constitution of a wet paper bag and so has to treat them with kid gloves.

Stop defending Cunte. He has been saying it after losses for weeks. His choice of signings have contributed as well and the fact he does not have any idea how to use them. He mentally checked out after we lost to Man United at Old Trafford and that is the way he has been ever since.

Just realised something.

We are 3rd in the League for goals scored, and 15th for goals conceded.
Lloris has made more individual mistakes alone than 17 other Premier League teams combined. We as a club have made more mistakes than anyone bar Everton.
Even at the saves that Lloris makes, most come because he's put the defense in a terrible position in the first place, or has given the ball away.

All that with terrible wing-backs, bar Perisic (who admittedly had a mare v City), Son being on the worst form of his career, and 3/4 most important players for us not playing together until january (Romero, Bentancur, Kulusevski).

All that with all that has happened around Conte, with his friends and colleagues passing away, and the contract speculation day in, day out (that he is bringing on himself).

The football isn't great to watch, but from watching his Inter, some of the blame can be put to the players on not being able to do what he wants them to do.

This football club has a billion other problems before getting to Conte.

Conte is a manager at the peak of his game, and he'll be fine if/when he leaves us. He made a miracle last season, and the donkeys who let Poch down, who let Jose down, are now letting him down.

Yet some of our fans, depsite all of these, want him gone, simply because he's requiring this club to act like a big football club, instead of a big business.

It encapsulated him in a nutshell. He talks and acts like a coach...which is great he may make a great one, needs to go get his badges and stop embarrassing himself. Because for all the huff puff and show he is a very very poor footballer. He is the common denominator in so many abject dysfunctional midfields that I think even his cultists are starting to see( doubt they are honest enough to admit it mind).
I think Hojbjerg has some value as a player but Conte's system stretches the midfield so thin that his weakness is often brutally exposed.

It's the same with Hugo.

Poch's and the French national team's tactics actually hid a multitude of Hugo's sins.

Conteball is shining a bright light on the weakness of several Tottenham first team players.

Wing backs who can't defend adequately, get forward, or cross the ball.

Goalkeepers, defenders and midfielders who can't play out from the back under pressure.

Attacking players who lose confidence and composure when the quantity of chances is reduced.

Conte needs at least 8 top quality new players.

He's never getting that from Levy and ENIC.

I think Conte will be sacked when it is too late to recruit in this window.

Some clarity in a sea of mud.

Stop defending Cunte. He has been saying it after losses for weeks. His choice of signings have contributed as well and the fact he does not have any idea how to use them. He mentally checked out after we lost to Man United at Old Trafford and that is the way he has been ever since.

Yeah you’re right, our players are bastion of professionalism and mental toughness. They’d never let us down when the chips are down.

Yeah you’re right, our players are bastion of professionalism and mental toughness. They’d never let us down when the chips are down.
You keep saying Conte may want to stay and shit like that. He obviously does not give a shit. We were the only people who would give him a job at the time and we are paying him a premium price at that at about £290K a week. He has no love the club he is just another mercenary just like Mourinho only more of a whiner.

This is exactly what is going on.

Conte wants the sack.

Levy doesn't really want the extra cost of sacking Conte before his contract expires and appointing another credible manager.

Levy will also realise that the cheap option, of sacking Conte and appointing Mason until the end of the season, will lead to those who wish to protest venting everything on Levy.

It's all coming down on Levy this time unless he comes up with another cunning plan that will fool just enough into renewing for another season at the megadome.

Conte today "We are improving because when I was manager of Inter we were 2-0 up at half time and lost 3-2. So we're now going in the right direction"

Let's lose this fuckwit today.

Back
Top Bottom