Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte well past his prime??? He very recently won Serie A with Inter
All the Conte out hysteria is so laughably predictable. We're getting nowhere if we just keep hiring and firing elite serial winning managers. While the real culprits get a free pass.

He'll get the sack. Get backed and win silverware again at his next club, while we trundle on as the banter club waiting for the next fall guy to blame

#Levyout #BackConte

Team Antonio :contefists:

Imagine after the cl final loss we had a chairperson who decided that we needed to rebuild and trusted the manager.

and realised after 3 transfer windows of not spending we needed a huge overhaul

damn.

if only we had hindsight

if only we could get free money from naming rights on our stadium ,paid by us…

to spend on players the manager wanted whilst off loading players he didnt fancy….dele…for example…erriksen for another.

realise 50m add that to 300m etc.

its a joke we are run by a clown

Exactly!

Yet loads of people want to change the manager. When are they going to realise, Nuno apart, that it isn’t the manager. Another 1, 2, 5! how many more managers will levy put to the sword before he realises that the person he should be sacking is himself.

Fm5oMY5X0AAepG-

Exactly!

Yet loads of people want to change the manager. When are they going to realise, Nuno apart, that it isn’t the manager. Another 1, 2, 5! how many more managers will levy put to the sword before he realises that the person he should be sacking is himself.
I want to change the manager but i want to change owners more. We all know the main problem is Levy/ENIC and if you dont you're naive. But i dont think Conte is the answer either i dont like the football, formation and thd fact he thinks he's doing us a favour. I want us to burn the lot down, owners manager and 90% of the squad.

15 million pounds per year. Let that sink into the mind.

Of course we all want to see new players at prices that can be considered reasonable in a world of no guarantees and yes we absolutely need players of quality but. .

What added value is Conte bringing to this team or club at present and in the last 3 months?

If the fcuking bloke can't/won't commit then how can we navigate out of these choppy waters as though we are all in it together?

Sone right twats on here who see it solely as a Levy/ENIC out diatribe the second we lose a game. Fcuking grow up.

We need to spend but we also need a manager who wants to be at the club through thick and thin, and who is competent. Right now we don't have any if it.

Of course we all want to see new players at prices that can be considered reasonable in a world of no guarantees and yes we absolutely need players of quality but. .

What added value is Conte bringing to this team or club at present and in the last 3 months?

If the fcuking bloke can't/won't commit then how can we navigate out of these choppy waters as though we are all in it together?

Sone right twats on here who see it solely as a Levy/ENIC out diatribe the second we lose a game. Fcuking grow up.

We need to spend but we also need a manager who wants to be at the club through thick and thin, and who is competent. Right now we don't have any if it.

I think there is value in him speaking his mind on the poor quality of the squad so the message is clear

Exactly!

I am more than up for getting rid of ENIC, but if we're being honest any change to the ownership of this club is going to happen long after Conte has been replaced.

Conte might be ideal if we became an oil club, but unless that ever happens he's just the wrong fit. And I say this as someone desperate for him to be successful here.

I just don't get what Levy was doing here. He went all out to get conte to show some ambition. Obviously told him that they would spend and show ambition. Unsurprising he spent jack shit, conte wants out and is clearly sending a message to Levy. If the club actually showed some real ambition and decisiveness in the transfer market, perhaps conte would be happy, have a better squad and the football wouldn't be totally shit.
I just don't get how Contes reign has played out. Levy ballsing things up as usual

Exactly!

Absolutely and the posters disagreeing with you cant seem to see the evidence of their own eyes. Conti hasn't got the players he needs. 1 decent defender, the rest need binning. Calamity goalkeeper who needs replacing now. No creativity in midfield. What do you guys expect. You cant polish a turd. This is the fault of the bald freak and his Enic paymasters. Wish they would fuck off

Dropping players who arent in from would be a good start for Wiggy! Why persist to play Son, Could he not have started Richi last night and had Son come on as a Sub in the second half if needed?
Dont even get me started on our Captain!

I tend to believe that the loss of his friend Ventrone followed by Luca Vialli passing away so young must have an effect on him. He’s an emotional character and for all he’s earning, I have a lot of sympathy because some people don’t just bounce back from grief so easily.
He does need to make a commitment or tell Levy he’s off back to Italy to be near his family but then there’s the small matter of giving up £7 million in salary or so.
For his part, Levy needs to back his man if the commitment is there, but we know his record in that department.
It’s a toxic mix.
Edit - is he trying to get himself the sack to take the money and run?

I
He has only won with teams built by one dof apart from at Chelsea where he inherited a great team then added Kante to it. Kante’s addition made this frauds tactics work, just like at Juve it worked because he had Pirlo commanding the tempo of the game.

Inter signed so many players during his tenure it is unbelievable. The fact is there is no such thing as a winning manager unless we talking about Alex Ferguson who had sustained success at Utd. The fact is Conte luckily got the Juve job at a time when he was seen a little bit as spoiled goods, he only got given the chance because he used to play for them.

Conte is not the root of the problem but I do not want him to be part of the solution to the problem. The fact is the football he plays will always be turgid and boring.

Spurs cannot be in limbo for the rest of the season. Conte never wanted to be here and is only at Spurs because all the top clubs that compete for trophies and spend money did not want to work with him. Getting rid of him will not be the ultimate solution because the team needs refreshing but Conte will never work unless we spend stupid amounts of money.

And why would he commit if the club won't back him? Chicken and egg, should never been handed an 18 month contract.
Well its up to them 2 gurus to work it out.
But they wont. Plus backing not backing conte, doesnt mean son gets another 90 min or lenglet for davies or dier getting 90 min or no spence, or peh getting another 90, or obsessed with 3 at back.

Apologies rant is over. Lost the run of myself there

Perhaps Conti realises he cant trust the board or anything they say or do. It's not as if we havent been here before with Enic and Levy is it. Another season of transition and we will get to next season with Eric Dier and the other crap players

I tend to believe that the loss of his friend Ventrone followed by Luca Vialli passing away so young must have an effect on him. He’s an emotional character and for all he’s earning, I have a lot of sympathy because some people don’t just bounce back from grief so easily.
He does need to make a commitment or tell Levy he’s off back to Italy to be near his family but then there’s the small matter of giving up £7 million in salary or so.
For his part, Levy needs to back his man if the commitment is there, but we know his record in that department.
It’s a toxic mix.
Levy hit or get off the pot.
Conte wont be on the dole queue so needs to man up and tell him to fuck off if thats the case

Well its up to them 2 gurus to work it out.
But they wont. Plus backing not backing conte, doesnt mean son gets another 90 min or lenglet for davies or dier getting 90 min or no spence, or peh getting another 90, or obsessed with 3 at back.

Apologies rant is over. Lost the run of myself there
It's up to the chairman, he hires and fires people, Conte didn't hire himself.

Back
Top Bottom