Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you have forgotten the 4 seasons prior to that? Where we played the best most entertaining football anyone of us has seen the last 30-40 years, We were also the closest we have ever been to both win a league and CL-title in 30-40 years.

He made world class players out of Walker, Rose, Dembele, Kane, Son, Vertonghen, Alderwireld. How many of our present crop has gotten better under Conte?

NO manager has won the CL-title with PSG, NONE!! He won the league title tho

Guy is clueless, pointless to try and reason with him.

But will he win any more titles? Money has dried up in Italy as well

Do you think his tactics is on par with modern football?

Its so easy to beat us.

Hes like a shinier version of Juande Ramos.

Flog the players in training and complain they do exactly what he wants in game play.

Sessignon was clearly told to hang high in the scum game and hope Saka would track back and be nullified.

It didnt work….

we can argue seesignon is a CL level player but theres no way he's hanging so far up the pitch without direct orders.

What has Conte done? He has won the league at Chelsea wow. Also all the talent he has had in his teams he has never got past the quarter finals. Then all his other league titles come in Italy.
I agree 100%. I’m not a conte supporter and would like to see him go but I just don‘t get the clamour for Poch as the replacement expecting that we would go on to achieve great things.
We need to accept that a mid-table team is where we’re at and now and again we get a perfect storm of players coming together for a few years. In our history when have we EVER achieved sustained success? So if you want to be an overachieving mid-table team then yes he could be the answer but he isn’t going to win the title.

So you have forgotten the 4 seasons prior to that? Where we played the best most entertaining football anyone of us has seen the last 30-40 years, We were also the closest we have ever been to both win a league and CL-title in 30-40 years.

He made world class players out of Walker, Rose, Dembele, Kane, Son, Vertonghen, Alderwireld. How many of our present crop has gotten better under Conte?

NO manager has won the CL-title with PSG, NONE!! He won the league title tho
Yes and we came so close to winning the title that the only team we threatened were Leicester and even then we ended up 3rd to Woolwich in second place.

Guy is clueless, pointless to try and reason with him.
Did you guys actually read or understand what I said. I said Pochettino had the “perfect storm” of players. If he was the coach responsible for making them all world-class explain to me why he won F#*k all. Arteta won an FA cup with a mediocre group of players does that make him a better coach than Pochettino.

Did you guys actually read or understand what I said. I said Pochettino had the “perfect storm” of players. If he was the coach responsible for making them all world-class explain to me why he won F#*k all. Arteta won an FA cup with a mediocre group of players does that make him a better coach than Pochettino.

Clearly it does.

You wrote it badly. Also, there was a boardroom who bought into his philosophy.

Not something we had at Spurs.

Conte well past his prime??? He very recently won Serie A with Inter
He won a terrible Serie A where Juventus had fell of a cliff and Milan were yet to establish themselves.

Some of the mental gymnastics you lot put yourselves through to defend this 3 at the back merchant. He’s a poundshop Mourinho.

We need to stop hiring these negative managers who think they’re bigger than the club and get in a young, progressive manager who wants to play attacking football.

I’ve said this since Conte was hired and you all laughed at me. It was always, always, ALWAYS going to end in tears. And it’s only going to get worse.

Imagine after the cl final loss we had a chairperson who decided that we needed to rebuild and trusted the manager.

and realised after 3 transfer windows of not spending we needed a huge overhaul

damn.

if only we had hindsight

if only we could get free money from naming rights on our stadium ,paid by us…

to spend on players the manager wanted whilst off loading players he didnt fancy….dele…for example…erriksen for another.

realise 50m add that to 300m etc.

its a joke we are run by a clown

im definitely not a fan of Conte but im very sentimental towards the fact as per Sky sports article yesterday that the personal losses of losing 3 very close friends (1 being a member of the spurs staff) over a few months has taken a toll on the man.

Conte was fantastic for us last season when he came in and the board have backed him heavily in the transfer market its just not working out this season.
If the board do decide to part ways with him i would very much like Poch to return to the club.

Its quite right that he didnt win anything with us but i tell you what we played good exciting to watch football and nothing oppitimses that more so than that Champions league semi final win vs Ajax.

I think people maybe forget how good that Ajax team was and since we never went in for Ten Hag after Poch sacking its been mistake after mistake by the club until Conte came in last season.

So i say right now we either back him or sack him

If Levy was to bring Poch back home atleast we can watch him succesfully bring through the young crop in Udogie, Spence, skipp, sarr, Romero, Kulusevski, Gil and play to our strengths which is Attack get Son Kane Richi firing on all cylinders and enjoy our football once again

Last edited:
He won a terrible Serie A where Juventus had fell of a cliff and Milan were yet to establish themselves.

Some of the mental gymnastics you lot put yourselves through to defend this 3 at the back merchant. He’s a poundshop Mourinho.

We need to stop hiring these negative managers who think they’re bigger than the club and get in a young, progressive manager who wants to play attacking football.

I’ve said this since Conte was hired and you all laughed at me. It was always, always, ALWAYS going to end in tears. And it’s only going to get worse.

Change the manager and nothing else, and we start the inevitable cycle back toward mediocrity again. If only you could understand that and look a wee bit beyond your myopic distaste for Conte.

Conte well past his prime??? He very recently won Serie A with Inter
do you think Mourinho wouldn't win with inter if he got 24 new players within 2 transfer window ?

when conte first appointed i kept saying he is no better than mourinho , without a doubt, he is just a walmart version of mourinho

he is more negative, he didn't use youth , he went toxic with every defeat, he blames his team instead of himself , all he has over mourinho is he has better PR, although that's probably the only thing you need to fool people into thinking you are better than what you actually are

see how the media and pundits blames it on players, i swear to God they blame every mess spurs had on mourinho when he was here

see how he never even gave chances for deadwood ( delle alli , ndombele etc ) , at least mourinho gave them enough chance before blasting them off, it's also why we lost to zagreb because he was using the bench player he didn't even rate

conte is actually whatever media painted mourinho to be

in conclusion , he is not the solution for spurs, i rather we gave all the money we spend ( around 350M ) since we sacked mourinho for mourinho instead, bigger chance for him pulling something special than anyone else, kane and son had their best season under him , it was only because of stupid individual mistake from midfield and defense that keep costing us, which could be fixed by spending money on better player

Last edited:
I was EXTREMLY optimistic about Conte when he came and the way he pushed us to a top 4 finish last year felt like the start of something special.

I think it's fair to say he was backed in the summer. Maybe not fully backed in the way he would have dreamed of, but nobody here was saying he was hung out to try by ownership.

I can't really defend what we've seen this season though. We haven't played well all year. We really were riding out set piece luck for much of the 1st half of the season, but that well seems to have dried up. We've not been a great side in open play all season. Now add to that the way we are allowing goals, mental mistakes, etc., my faith in Conte is shaken.

Yes, I think ownership and players are to blame as well, maybe more so than Conte. At this point though, I'm not sure Conte is the guy.

I don't really know what to say other than I've lost my faith.

I don't understand why so many fans want Poch back. His highlight was a CL run which lets be honest included a bit of good fortune but the league form before and after was dismal. Nevertheless from that high point he didn't or couldn't get the Board to back him.
He moves on to PSG and couldn’t win the CL with all their talent and resources. So we have a manager who can’t bring success on a relatively shoestring budget but also cant bring success with some of the worlds greatest players.
PS Winning the French title isn't an achievement for a PSG manager.
Pochettino turned us into genuine title challengers and was our most successful and stable period in recent history. The football was the best in the league at times.

No one has won the CL with PSG. Tuchel couldnt win the CL with PSG and then went on to win it with Chelsea. No one cares about PSG, they’re an irrelevant gimmicky club.

Last edited:
What an absolute shit show of a club, as usual can't handle pressure and wilt under the slightest bit of it.
Conte is useless, making excuses after every game for his shortcomings in how to sort this out.
We are a mess, dropping down the table is what is going to start happening, Fulham away next week and they will beat us.
Congratulations to everyone at the club for reaching such a low point, I can now see why we had the stadium built, to put such a shit team in it.

Pochettino turned us into genuine title challengers and was our most successful and stable period in recent history. The football was the best in the league at times.

No one has won the CL with PSG. Tuchel couldnt win the CL with PSG and then went on to win it with Chelsea. No one cares about PSG, they’re an irrelevant gimmicky club.

At least poch knows who to get rid of. Another manager might give them all a clean slate.

Back
Top Bottom