Another pissing game we won’t turn up to, have to suffer Emerson again and hope Kane or Deki save us - AKA Leeds at home, 3pm, 12th November.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couldnt see the game yesterday, just the highlights today. Good thing that we won.

I think our biggest issue right now is the defense - even if Romero is fit, the others ones dont have enough quality. Royal, Dier, Sanchez, Davies and Sess have been so poor this last few weeks. Doherty and Lenglet are doing just okay. We really have to get true upgrades at the back in the summer.

Conte said after the game he thinks the breakdown in us being able to defend as well is because he hasn’t had enough days on the training pitch to deal with tactics as playing every three days means there’s not as much time to work on things. Obviously if he has better players available to him than Sanchez and Dier then they’ll be able to keep it up tactically without the training pitch work.

Yeh, you say that.. You will be singing like a canary on New years day.

:sonpoint:
You know me so well!
Happy Snow White GIF by Disney

We must be watching different matches, because I see a player who is willing to die for the team. Considering that was his first game after a big injury and with a WC dream around the corner, he ran his bollocks off and went in for every challenge.

A selfish player would not have played that way.
Yeah and he was absolutely gutted to be subbed and also celebrated as much as anyone for the winner - can’t doubt his commitment

A good coach could or would make them greater than the sum of their parts.

Have you not been paying attention, last season these guys were playing to their absolute maximum, players like Sessegnon, Dier, Davies, Doherty and Sanchez were reaching levels they had never reached before.

But this is what happens when you have average players, they eventually level out because they can't maintain consistency. I suspect a lack of time in the training will do that too, playing every 3 days in this ridiculous season you don't even have time on the training pitch to work on defiencies compared to last season where we were virtually playing 1 game a week where the Coach could drill them for the entire week.

At the time I thought this was a red and I was miles away from the challenge. Haven’t seen it mentioned once in the media. Had Dier been stretchered off and missed the World Cup then it would have been.

Red cards aren't given for the actual tackle any longer - instead its whether the opposing player is thought to be seriously injured.

Red cards aren't given for the actual tackle any longer - instead its whether the opposing player is thought to be seriously injured.
The intent (however that is measured) plays into it - in the side-on replay, Roca is nowhere near playing the ball and follows through in a studs-up lunge into Dier's leg.

Very nasty. You would never play a dropping ball like that unless you intended to hurt the player.

The intent (however that is measured) plays into it - in the side-on replay, Roca is nowhere near playing the ball and follows through in a studs-up lunge into Dier's leg.

Very nasty. You would never play a dropping ball like that unless you intended to hurt the player.

It's supposed to - but you see near on identical tackles getting red cards and not even a yellow (see Emerson on Martinelli - because Martinelli screams in pain VAR sends him off)

I'm afraid that Richarlison wasn't money well spent imo. I don't think he has the mentality to be a real team player. I think a relatively small intellect and an over inflated sense of self is going to be a problem wherever he goes. I really hope i'm wrong but I think he will always put himself 1st. He's like a mini Ronaldo but with less brains and talent.
Based on what evidence?

Every report, from team members, fans of his previous club, social media etc has him down as a decent, hard working, team minded player who puts the needs of the team ahead of his own personal preferences.

I can understand that you might not feel his return to date is worth the money we paid, but character assassination to back your opinion up, with zero evidence to support it?

Have a word.

Back
Top Bottom