Another pissing game we won’t turn up to, have to suffer Emerson again and hope Kane or Deki save us - AKA Leeds at home, 3pm, 12th November.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I want Conte to do better. Specifically I want to stop him making mistakes that can be spotted from row Z by amateurs.

But thanks for the motive analysis, a classic on this forum when someone runs out of arguments.
We all want Conte to do better, because when he does better, Spurs do better.

I’ve not run out of arguments- I think Conte has done a good job and improved us since he took over. We’re in top 4 despite injury hit first half of season.

However he does have flaws as I’ve said many times- trusting Emerson, lack of rotation.

On balance I still want him as our manager, but he needs reinforcements in Jan.

What’s your opinion on that? Do you want him fired, and if so for who?

Nobody mentioned 1st place mate, not sure where you are getting this from.
He is struggling to keep them in fourth, let's face it, we got lucky again yesterday should have lost.
And as for getting a keeper, CB and a RWB, is that really going to happen, I think not money will be used as an excuse again.
What happened to the 150m plus CL money and what the club earnt from TV last year, it's way beyond the that figure.
I'm afraid it will be the usual, cheap deals or take punts, putting us in a similar place to where we are.
Yeah probably

My point is we ended up fourth and he’s done well to keep us there albeit as you say riding our luck

Huge investment needed

Maybe it's just me, but I really enjoyed the game today. As far as I'm concerned, we came from behind three times and got the win. Yes, it was a roller coaster of a game, but I'd rather that than a boring 1-0 or losses like the last two games at home. We should appreciate the 'never say die' attitude that we showed. It doesn't really bother me that much to concede, as long as we score one more than the opposition.
I have run out of superlatives to describe Hot Rod, MOTM beyond doubt. I didn't think he was much of a goal scorer, but he's been a God-send for us this season. I love the way he sees a pass and executes it quite quickly. If we play with three midfielders, then I would be tempted to play him in an attacking position.
I've been trying to defend Emerson, thinking he was unfairly rated, but today I just couldn't find the words - poor beggar was awful. I did feel sorry for him though, as the biggest cheer of the the afternoon was when he was substituted. There's got to be some reason why he keeps getting picked, but the answer eludes me, I'm afraid.
Looking forward to Contecam, wonder how high will he jump when we scored the fourth?
The playing of the Last Post was very emotional and the minute's silence was impeccably observed.
My friend's little boy took his place on Chirpy's Parade at the beginning of the game and he looked really happy to take part.
It's strange to think that we haven't got any more games for a couple of months, will experience withdrawal symptoms. But I'm off on holiday next week, making the most of the winter break.
Anyway, I'm sleepy now, so good night all xx
I couldn’t go because I’m on holiday (I won’t say where to avoid more BLATANT replies), but my son took one of his 11 year old daughters to her first ever match and she loved it. Now she wants to go again and so does her twin sister. Oh and she wants a Kulu shirt.

I managed to listen the match though on my hotel balcony in (censored) overlooking the (censored) Ocean - it sounded mad.

Enjoy your holiday Mrs. P. (despite the blatant I’m going on holiday post).

Couldnt see the game yesterday, just the highlights today. Good thing that we won.

I think our biggest issue right now is the defense - even if Romero is fit, the others ones dont have enough quality. Royal, Dier, Sanchez, Davies and Sess have been so poor this last few weeks. Doherty and Lenglet are doing just okay. We really have to get true upgrades at the back in the summer.

Couldnt see the game yesterday, just the highlights today. Good thing that we won.

I think our biggest issue right now is the defense - even if Romero is fit, the others ones dont have enough quality. Royal, Dier, Sanchez, Davies and Sess have been so poor this last few weeks. Doherty and Lenglet are doing just okay. We really have to get true upgrades at the back in the summer.
Davies is ok in general as a squad player.

Very entertaining game yesterday, it is quite mad really we are a so called 'defensive' team yet actually have one of the best goal scoring stats in the league. It's quite clear that our defence needs massively upgrading, hopefully a couple of transfer in January will sort that out. It's clear to everyone that the defenders we have at the moment just can't be relied on consistently.

One thing I don't think anyone can criticise the team for this season is their commitment and determination to come back from behind. The amount of late goals we have scored this season is remarkable.

Looking forward to abit of a break, I'm convinced we will be better in terms of style after the World Cup. Couple of improvements in certain positions and things will look much better. In the top 4, only 2 points behind City with all their riches and the Champions League to look forward to. Lots to be optimistic about. COYS!!

Very entertaining game yesterday, it is quite mad really we are a so called 'defensive' team yet actually have one of the best goal scoring stats in the league. It's quite clear that our defence needs massively upgrading, hopefully a couple of transfer in January will sort that out. It's clear to everyone that the defenders we have at the moment just can't be relied on consistently.

One thing I don't think anyone can criticise the team for this season is their commitment and determination to come back from behind. The amount of late goals we have scored this season is remarkable.

Looking forward to abit of a break, I'm convinced we will be better in terms of style after the World Cup. Couple of improvements in certain positions and things will look much better. In the top 4, only 2 points behind City with all their riches and the Champions League to look forward to. Lots to be optimistic about. COYS!!

Agreed, but unless we sort that defence ASAP, we will continue to leak goals. Romero coming back will be a huge boost, but we can’t keep relying on him. The moment Romero is out the team, the whole defence falls to pieces. We need to get 2 new CB’s and a RWB

We all want Conte to do better, because when he does better, Spurs do better.

I’ve not run out of arguments- I think Conte has done a good job and improved us since he took over. We’re in top 4 despite injury hit first half of season.

However he does have flaws as I’ve said many times- trusting Emerson, lack of rotation.

On balance I still want him as our manager, but he needs reinforcements in Jan.

What’s your opinion on that? Do you want him fired, and if so for who?

Oh, look. You did it again.

Why have they taken that oaf Maguire?
ar-giant-moai-of-easter-island-garden-statue-1m50-54927.jpg

Because of his aethetic value as an actual statue.

I think Conte made a fair point about how the schedule has affected our training. With a game every three days it’s one day of recovery then one day of tactical work.

We have lost defensive stability and solidity because we simply aren’t getting the time to work on the training pitch. We are hardly the only team playing in Europe who look frazzled at the moment. Even City are getting ragged.

I think Conte made a fair point about how the schedule has affected our training. With a game every three days it’s one day of recovery then one day of tactical work.

We have lost defensive stability and solidity because we simply aren’t getting the time to work on the training pitch. We are hardly the only team playing in Europe who look frazzled at the moment. Even City are getting ragged.
That's the reason every London club are out of the League Cup, the squads can only be stretched so far...

Back
Top Bottom