Another pissing game we won’t turn up to, have to suffer Emerson again and hope Kane or Deki save us - AKA Leeds at home, 3pm, 12th November.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cheeky sweepstake on which minute we fall 2 nil down on ?

I'm going 49th

Right , I'm off to stick my head in a deep fat fryer in preparation for this match

If we can match the quality of players that we signed last January ( Deki and Bentancur ) in this January window , we will definitely be going places . To sort out that defence and get a quality RWB are an absolute must . To be heading into the WC break in at least 4th place with what Conte has available is quite extraordinary . Todays win was massive . COYS

FhYRERqWIAEgzyv

Maybe it's just me, but I really enjoyed the game today. As far as I'm concerned, we came from behind three times and got the win. Yes, it was a roller coaster of a game, but I'd rather that than a boring 1-0 or losses like the last two games at home. We should appreciate the 'never say die' attitude that we showed. It doesn't really bother me that much to concede, as long as we score one more than the opposition.
I have run out of superlatives to describe Hot Rod, MOTM beyond doubt. I didn't think he was much of a goal scorer, but he's been a God-send for us this season. I love the way he sees a pass and executes it quite quickly. If we play with three midfielders, then I would be tempted to play him in an attacking position.
I've been trying to defend Emerson, thinking he was unfairly rated, but today I just couldn't find the words - poor beggar was awful. I did feel sorry for him though, as the biggest cheer of the the afternoon was when he was substituted. There's got to be some reason why he keeps getting picked, but the answer eludes me, I'm afraid.
Looking forward to Contecam, wonder how high will he jump when we scored the fourth?
The playing of the Last Post was very emotional and the minute's silence was impeccably observed.
My friend's little boy took his place on Chirpy's Parade at the beginning of the game and he looked really happy to take part.
It's strange to think that we haven't got any more games for a couple of months, will experience withdrawal symptoms. But I'm off on holiday next week, making the most of the winter break.
Anyway, I'm sleepy now, so good night all xx

Last edited:
When Conte leaves and the silly cunts calling for his head get their way and Poch comes back or a lesser manager joins us, I want them to remember that they are the reason this club stays forever stagnant and without silverware.

Conte has the ability to actually force our owner to spend money and upgrade the squad which is the ACTUAL issue with this team, it always has been.

Anybody who genuinely believes that another manager could improve upon the results we have had with these players are absolutely clueless.

This isn't football manager the videogame, our players are simply not at the level some people believe them to be, it really is that simple.

Conte has given us our best start to a league season and somehow got this shitshow back into the CL last season.

I haven't been a fan of the football being played either but I also understand why we are playing the way we are and I also understand that our supporters are impatient fucking babies that can't seem to understand changing manager yet again is only going to set us back even further.

If you can't get behind the club then just fuck off quite frankly.

I don’t want to watch Conte ball and I wouldn’t be overly excited by winning a lesser trophy playing Conte ball . If this boring, turgid rubbish brought us the first league title since 1961 or the Champions League then it would be a price worth paying but the likelihood of these happening is vanishingly small.
Like many on here I grew up watching Peters, Gilzean,, Ardiles, Hoddle, Archibald, Waddle, Gascoinge, and more recently Bale, Dembele and Kane (who like many others is being stifled by our current ‘ tactics’ ) The VT at the stadium proudly crowed that it was about playing and winning with style and grace- over the course of the last three managers those principles have been eroded and now seem like a distant memory.
Yes I want Tottenham to win (so badly at times that it really hurts) but it has never been only about that. I want my Tottenham back and it is heartening that so many on here want the same.
COYS.

Back
Top Bottom