Another pissing game we won’t turn up to, have to suffer Emerson again and hope Kane or Deki save us - AKA Leeds at home, 3pm, 12th November.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A serial winner that is at the peak of his career working with a team of mostly cloggers and getting them into the CL and our best start to a season on record.

I would say the manager is part of the solution.

The problem is, getting players who are playing well above their ability level to remain at that level is incredibly hard.

People are just determined to get Poch back in thinking it's going to be the second coming of christ, we will get back to the CL final, win a trophy, play attractive entertaining football.

That isn't reality, he will come back and we will have the same players that we have now albeit with a less talented manager.

People need to get behind Conte and trust that he will make this club a force and that he will get the backing required to do so.

Going back to Poch would be the biggest mistake this club has made under Levy, he simply doesn't have the ability to put enough pressure on the owners to spend because he isn't a serial winner like Conte is.

His track record is irrelevant, if he keeps making poor squad and game managment decisions at OUR level.

Your Poch analogy is irrelevant for me.

FhYRERqWIAEgzyv
Son won his bet

Our season (so far) encapsulated in this performance.
Really sloppy at the back. Lloris, Dier and obvs Royal did their best to gift it to Leeds.
Game was grabbed by the scruff of the neck by Kane, Kulusevski and Bentancur.

Different to most of the season was the general enjoyment (high).

How Dier is going to the WC is anyone’s guess?

Need some defenders, possibly a GK and someone to unlock teams who choose to sit.

Bizarre tactics again from the team (& Conte), esp after 2-2 when we sat back an invited their 3rd.

All ends up thank goodness for Rodrigo Bentancur and thank fuck there’s now a break coming.

On Royal - mixture of roaring with laughter and people screaming with rage at him round me today. I was in the former camp mostly because it’s on Conte now (just stubbornly making a point - it must be???)

How is it possible for a team to both have character and lack confidence? Spurs don't give up but they also keep lesser teams in games and don't turn things up until they have their back to the wall. It's very odd.

Back
Top Bottom