2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally agree. If we want someone with speed that split defences then we might as well rock up to British athletics and take a 100m sprinter.

Like the rest of the tournament and his entire international career, he offered nothing, he can't pass, he can't cross, he can't score, can't tackle, surrenders possession easily and was non existent in the second half last night with no clue how to play off a larger strike partner. Rashford did more last night than sterling has done in the entire tournament.

I don't know anyone outside the forum who thought he should be starting and he proved to be our weak link, despite the commentators bullshit about his frightening pace and his great season at man city....

He was shit at the euros and he has not improved on that since then.
He's a speed merchant who flattered to deceive with a few tap-ins from De Bryne's sitter assists last season. Nothing player - a younger Walcott

England have exposed some areas where you're weak. Sterlings pace was a problem but he lacked the skill , France have pace and skill in abundance. Playing three games with extra time will play its toll. France have that extra day rest also. Good luck to you both and hope the tournament finished on a high. A Spurs player lifting the trophy.
This was the most lopsided competition I've ever seen. I'd have fancied Belgium, Brazil, and France to beat Croatia. Even Uruguay with Cavani would've been a difficult test for them. If France turn up as a team, they have far too much quality for the Croats

Yes but that wasn't the question. Nevermind. Wish it had gone in.
It was the original point of me outlining why the stats were misleading . I was pointing out to a poster that 7-1 shots on goal does not 'say it all' .... as they put it

I think you didn't follow the whole thread of the convo as my comment must seem a bit random otherwise

I'll be rooting for Hugo to lift it, nothing to do with Modric. I think if Hugo wins it, when he arrives back with the lads it'll give them all a lift and they'll all have big smiles for him and they'll feel motivated again. Would make a big difference for morale to have a world cup winner in the group, rather than having all nine semi-finalists miss out.

So one REAL game left.

Which was everybody's favourite game?

Top England moment?

Best goal?

Biggest disappointment?

Mine.

France v Argentina.

England besting Colombia on pens.

Pavard vs Argentina.

Last night.

Biggest Laugh?

Got to be seeing South Korea knock out Germany and the Germans coming to realise that Ozil.is shit!

You ain't nobody's friend!

:)

I'm gutted but I'll survive. A week ago I was sitting up in agony in a hospital bed so perspective and all that.

Thoughts are now turning to the upcoming season and anxiety starting to creep in that we haven't signed anybody yet!

No Croats please, they're cunts.
Didn't know you were in hospital, glad you're ok mate.

This was the most lopsided competition I've ever seen. I'd have fancied Belgium, Brazil, and France to beat Croatia. Even Uruguay with Cavani would've been a difficult test for them. If France turn up as a team, they have far too much quality for the Croats

Fifa ranking doesn't seem to reflect the teams in real time so its hard to understand why the results were so odd.
As with the tournament, its one of the best Ive seen as most games where open, flowing football, bizarre results and goals. The VAR was a great addition, reducing any controversy and refs overall-seemed decent. (Why no English refs?).
Its too early to analyse England's overall performance because the disappointment is so raw. Its a long way from the Hodgson era and closer to the Hoddles days which is healthy.

98 PL players took part and probably as many ex English league (all Divs) players as well. astonishing the amount of players and x players from here are taking part. Not sure if this is a good thing, like to read up on it.

Don't forget we had to try and win the game tho , Dier Henderson and three centre backs isn't really going to help you do that , not like Dier or Henderson are gonna push up and support the attack to any great effect

I guess what I would have liked to see was an attempt to keep more possession in the midfield, from about 50 mins in I became worried Modric and Rakitic had so much of the ball.

Back
Top Bottom