2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, I think there is only one English manager who actually could've brought it home.

Pardew-dance-GIF.gif
images

Lost the semi in et and people saying we beat no one....Belgium beat Brazil and lost the semi.
Does it mean they got further? Does it make them happier?
If Croatia lose the final will they celebrate because they beat a garbage Argentina?
Where was Spain? Germany? Portugal?
Oh yeah that’s right sitting on their sofas since two weeks ago, but somehow we proved nothing because those teams were too shit to make the semis.

Such a load of nonsense, watch Trippiers interview if you want to know what’s being created in this national team.
We weren’t good enough, but it’s been a great World Cup and we’ve played our part.

The boys will come back on top of their game, and hopefully one of us will be a World Cup winner.

Brain dump:
I think Southgate got most decisions right and the team worked bloody hard to execute what I think he was asking for. Spurs put on a fine show. We did better than most of us thought was worth hoping for. Credit to all.

I think we were unlucky to score so early against Croatia. We eased off, probably thought we could wear them out by passing it around. I think it’s one of the decisions gareth got wrong. Would have been better to stay high tempo, get a couple more, put them out of their misery. Oh well. Hindsight is good.

I hate that Kane got used as an extra midfielder but I think I understand that gareth picked him to fill the gap of a creative long-passer. Mostly it worked but I like him scoring goals and he was hardly ever in scoring positions the entire WC. Can’t praise Kane enough for sacrificing himself that way.

Apparently their keeper made no saves. 1 free kick on target in 120mins. Sucks

As we’ve previously agreed Fox commentary is pitiful but with replay they can usually spot a foul. Even by their dialogue the ref really did seem on the take. But what do you expect with FIFA in Russia? If there were no bribes it wouldn’t have been there in the first place.

I hope Hugo gets to lift the cup. I hope Croatia win for the first time. I hope both of them lose. Fuck it.
Impeccable analysis. From a neutral position the real problem of England was to score after 5 minutes. Basically it is as if you were satisfied with the 1-0 to manage for 85 minutes. This attitude has distorted your game and boosted confidence in Croatia where Rakitic, Modric and Mandzukic managed the somewhat crazy Slavic talent. I would have expected more from Kane but as you say it was far behind as a position.

However, Belgium and Croatia are at the end of a cycle (the most representative players have played the last World Cup, at most they will be European) while France and England are growing.

Did you notice the difference to us after Sterling came off.

It’s so fucking obvious, we were the better side causing them issues at the back, not sure we even had a shot after he went off.

But do press on with your wisdom and do lay out the argument that shows we were the better team once he came off. I’m all ears.
You've constantly claimed Sterling has been excellent this tournament in this imaginary #10 role he's been playing (not even true) when in reality he's been a player short of confidence and a dead end to anything remotely attacking or creative. 0 goals, 0 assists, fuck all contribution elsewhere. You were wrong - give over.

Lovren is a hack, the only way he can defend is to kick, pull, elbow, and shove the shite out of someone. Should've been sent off within 20 minutes, and never stopped being a dirty little cunt.

If you're really going to come here and champion that terrible excuse for a footballer you can fuck right off. Sober up.

He was lucky to stay on the pitch, the one thing he got right was toeing the ball off Kane's head for that close range header and I was amazed he managed that. Kane playing so deep in this system nullified his threat against Lovren.

Hello darknes my old friend...

Better team won it, 22-11 and 7-1 in shots. When our midfield started playing there was no hope for England. Sterling was your best player, bringing Rashford for him and bringing Dier for Henderson WTF? You can say young team, whatever, but Southgate is so average.
Playing on long balls, 3 defenders were shocking today, when we were pressing, they just couldn't bring the ball to Lingard or Henderson.
Gutted for our Spurs players, but I'm happiest man alive right now. Told you Lovren is playing best football of his life, had little bit of trouble with Sterling and his pace, but didn't saw Kane tonight. I'm so happy for him, he get so much stick and now he's in WC final as best defender of this team.

Bring me France. This is mental. I'm so tired. Can't sleep.

Hope France kill you, 5-1 will do and Lovren is a dirty cunt. When he comes to the New Lane he better wear ear plugs!

You did deserve to win though, think experience won it more than talent as you're really not all that Modric apart.

Also, Perisic. What a thoroughly unlikeable cunt in fact Croatians as a whole are pretty unlikeable. Arrogant, disloyal and bad winners.

They're the European equivalent of Trump!

Good luck to Hugo and the rest of the Frenchies, I hope Spurs never sign a Croatian player ever again.

:)

Hope France kill you, 5-1 will do and Lovren is a dirty cunt. When he comes to the New Lane he better wear ear plugs!

You did deserve to win though, think experience won it more than talent as you're really not all that Modric apart.

Also, Perisic. What a thoroughly unlikeable cunt in fact Croatians as a whole are pretty unlikeable. Arrogant, disloyal and bad winners.

They're the European equivalent of Trump!

Good luck to Hugo and the rest of the Frenchies, I hope Spurs never sign a Croatian player ever again.

:)
Nah, mate - Croatia all the way - France is a horrible team with some horrible cunts

Impeccable analysis. From a neutral position the real problem of England was to score after 5 minutes. Basically it is as if you were satisfied with the 1-0 to manage for 85 minutes. This attitude has distorted your game and boosted confidence in Croatia where Rakitic, Modric and Mandzukic managed the somewhat crazy Slavic talent. I would have expected more from Kane but as you say it was far behind as a position.

However, Belgium and Croatia are at the end of a cycle (the most representative players have played the last World Cup, at most they will be European) while France and England are growing.

And Italy?

;-)

England have a lot of young talent and not just in the squad. I'd give Southgste a four year contract extension (up until the next World Cup) and trust in the process.

That Euro Nations thingy suddenly got real. Spain AND Croatia in our group? Wow.

I genuinely think England would have been better suited to a 4-3-3.

Something like

------------Pickford
Walker/trips-----stones-------Maguire-----rose/young
RLC-----Dier/Henderson-------Alli
Sterling-----Kane-----Rashford

Think it suits the players more tbh and you can still throw the fullbacks forward with the holding mid in there. Sterling was lost for a lot of the tournament which is a shame because he's quite fantastic on the wing. Hindsight is 20/20 though

Yeah but Hugo will get to lift the trophy if France win

I don't really get it , i know he plays for Spurs but who gives a shit what he does in a French shirt ? If England had got to the final I'd have been delighted for lloris to do a Karius , people have written things like it would be so tough watching England in a shootout against lloris ? Bonkers I'd be willing him to go the wrong way for every penalty and delighted if he did.

I've never wanted to wish so many internet identities a lingering, painful death, alone and friendless on urine-soaked sheets, as I have the utter fucking cunts who comment on England matches on The Guardian.

If you're feeling too mellow, if you're in need of some red-raw anger to course through your veins, take a look below the line here...

One cunt even said he was glad that England went out due to their lack of inclusivity, highlighted by the lack of South-East Asians in the team, I kid you not

And Italy?

;-)

England have a lot of young talent and not just in the squad. I'd give Southgste a four year contract extension (up until the next World Cup) and trust in the process.

That Euro Nations thingy suddenly got real. Spain AND Croatia in our group? Wow.

Italy must start again with Mancini after that fucking stupid Ventura, a character without experience put there by politics. The material to grow is there. The national teams have cycles and this is the turn of England, France. Spain also has its problems with the withdrawal of Iniesta after Xavi and Xavi Alonso.

That will come with experience. You need to remember that England have more pressure on them than any team in the World due to the expectations of the fans, the media and the pressure on it. This tournament has redeemed Gareth Southgate, who is still a young coach and will learn (I'm delighted he can put some of his ghosts to bed now) and that we have a team of players 24 or under that will learn the game and grow more. For the first time in about 15 years we genuinely have the nucleus of a squad. Anyone forcing their way in will have to play pretty special now. We will only get stronger and wiser from here on in, it's just a shame we lacked the guile and game plan to get the game to flow how it would have benefitted us.

If they are true winners they will go away, relax, reflect and learn. They will get smarter, the nerves will fade and with the right man management they will learn how to behave in such moments.

Proud of our young team, plenty for them to build on now if they allow themselves to do so. Got to keep the fire, got to get a little wiser and got to hope a couple of youngsters come through over the next couple of years to add a bit of finesse and class in the areas we require. Keep believing boys, you've made a whole nation do so
Harry Winks still to return also..... Has the potential to massively improve the England midfield.

I've never wanted to wish so many internet identities a lingering, painful death, alone and friendless on urine-soaked sheets, as I have the utter fucking cunts who comment on England matches on The Guardian.

If you're feeling too mellow, if you're in need of some red-raw anger to course through your veins, take a look below the line here...

One cunt even said he was glad that England went out due to their lack of inclusivity, highlighted by the lack of South-East Asians in the team, I kid you not

Mate, don't wish death on anybody but I do understand where are you are coming from. I'm going to avoid a lot of shite online for a good week or so. No point getting angry plus I already have high blood pressure as it is!

I'm gutted we're out but they did very well and I'm confident in England's future prospects. We're a growing force and imo this is just the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom