2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Beaten by the better team. Can’t fault England played to the best of our ability. This is the youngest most inexperienced side in the competition, so very proud of them, they gave their best. We are a few players light, desperately miss a baller in the middle of the park and our subs i.e Rashford and Vardy just ain’t good enough (too early for Rashford). Thought Young was poor.

Well done lads, you are hero’s.

Mind blown, keep hitting the dislike button.
It makes you look like a limp dick
What a horrible old bastard you are. I've just given ah honest appraisal of our overall world cup performance. Seen through the hype, insulted nobody and called it as I see it.
And you respond with shit like this. Your'e a spitefull, hatefull old cunt Mick Cooper Mick Cooper
No, I've just given ah honest appraisal of your typical posting content. Seen through the hype, insulted nobody of consequence, and called it as I see it.
You really are a miserable waste of oxygen.
But don't worry. Mindblown the dickless, disagree generator will validate your shallow appraisal

Very disappointed. I'm not sure all the hype is justified tbh.
We've beaten nobody we shouldn't be beating, and come up painfully short when we came up against decent opposition.
After going 1-0 up that's a really poor performance and result at the end of the day
Some very odd reffering and weird positioning regarding Kane plus Sterling.

BUT the Croats I have to say where much stronger mentally whereas we had that bottling instinct as soon as they scored It felt inevitable.

Beaten by the better team. Can’t fault England played to the best of our ability. This is the youngest most inexperienced side in the competition, so very proud of them, they gave their best. We are a few players light, desperately miss a baller in the middle of the park and our subs i.e Rashford and Vardy just ain’t good enough (too early for Rashford). Thought Young was poor.

Well done lads, you are hero’s.

Agree. But this is where the wisdom of not taking players like Wilshere comes into question. Wilshere might not be a world beater, but he is better than what England took to the world cup. At the highest level, relying on wing play doesn't cut it. But the lads have done well.

Yup - we weren't expected to do anything..... We aren't going to just turn into world beaters in a couple of games.

Beat Tunisia
Destroyed Panama
Belgium lost but a friendly game
Beat Colombia on penalties
Beat Sweden easily
For 45 minutes outplayed Croatia

What exactly do you think they shouldn't be proud about considering no one gave us a hope at the start of the tournament?

Can a team only be proud if they win it then?
Of course you can be proud, all I'm saying is that England were expected to finish at least second in a group with Tunisia and Panama.

Of course you can be proud, all I'm saying is that England were expected to finish at least second in a group with Tunisia and Panama.

So what's your point then? Are you agreeing that the boys can be proud or not?

I say they can be proud and hold their heads up high. You think not - so what? we should have won the whole thing?

Can only beat the teams you play mate. Hopefully in future a fully fit Winks would allow for a better formation.
Yes, I agree. Just not sure all the hype is fully justified though.
Reaching a world cup semi is an achievement, but not the miracle or second coming it's being made out to be. Let's be honest, a football country as big as England should be reaching semis and finals of major tournaments on a regular basis. I hope this can be followed through in the Euro's, but I think we need to shake of this underdog, over acheiving mentality if we want to succeed in the future. In 1990 the team came home to a hero's welcome in similar circumstances. We then failed to qualify in '94. And waited 28 years for another go. Let's keep things in perspective is all im saying mate

Last edited:
I think like, after a spurs loss, I'm taking a long break from the Internet - don't want to read all the Scouse shit that will be pouring out, sucking Lovren's cock, etc...

Gwan Hugo, lift it on Sunday for us

So what's your point then? Are you agreeing that the boys can be proud or not?
I was replying to "We weren't expected to get out of the group", which doesn't make much sense to me since very weak teams like Panama and Tunisia were in that same group. But good for you if you think they overachieved by doing so.

Overall the boys can be proud, no debate about that.

Back
Top Bottom