2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe or just that some players that play in good teams in Ligue 1 aren't all that e.g Bakayoko, Lacazzatte. I think Mbappé is a real talent, it's easy to get noticed when your side put 6 past the opp almost every week, but when I've seen him in the CL against proper sides he's been anonymous.

Think it's a league best avoided tbh. I do rate Martial though

Probably.

I'd personally play Mbappe, Griezman and Dembele as a flowing front three with Pogba, Kante and Matuidi behind them.

Ridiculous depth.

It's disgusting how deep that team is. I would play Mbappe, Griezman and Thauvin (Been immense this season) with Fekir as a no10 and Kante and Pogba behind.

Strange that they've decided to take Mendy when he's played like 4 times this season, although the fullbacks are probably the weakest part of their team.

It's disgusting how deep that team is. I would play Mbappe, Griezman and Thauvin (Been immense this season) with Fekir as a no10 and Kante and Pogba behind.

Strange that they've decided to take Mendy when he's played like 4 times this season, although the fullbacks are probably the weakest part of their team.

Isn't that why they took him then?

In terms of talent Belgium and France are miles ahead of us from the European sides. Germany are their usual functional self. Portugal have the Great Ronaldo. Lets not even start with Brazil and Argentina.

We will rely on our usual traits of so called mental toughness as well as Southgate's belief that his squad has athleticism and power. We will also hope that Kane fires like he never really has shown at international level.

I think getting to the quarter-final would be a reasonable expectation and be in line with the talent the squad possess.

Sandro Wagner, Germany's top goal scorer during the build up to the world cup was not put in the squad for the cup itself and has as a result retired from the national team.

That has to have stung

Sandro Wagner, Germany's top goal scorer during the build up to the world cup was not put in the squad for the cup itself and has as a result retired from the national team.

That has to have stung

Wow, talk about throwing your dummy out!

France squad, unbelievable depth in many positions but Didier is in charge and he's too negative for me. They have a better squad than Germany and probably Brazil as well but I'm still not sure about them.

Martial will be fuming though, 100% guaranteed he will leave Man United this this summer now.

Wow, talk about throwing your dummy out!

France squad, unbelievable depth in many positions but Didier is in charge and he's too negative for me. They have a better squad than Germany and probably Brazil as well but I'm still not sure about them.

Martial will be fuming though, 100% guaranteed he will leave Man United this this summer now.

Agreed but to me he is very similar to Walcott. A striker? Not really. A winger who cuts in and can be streaky? Yep.

A player who is going to become the player you can turn to in key moments? Not seen any evidence of that.

That's why I hope we steer well clear. We have enough of that already.

Agreed but to me he is very similar to Walcott. A striker? Not really. A winger who cuts in and can be streaky? Yep.

A player who is going to become the player you can turn to in key moments? Not seen any evidence of that.

That's why I hope we steer well clear. We have enough of that already.

Sounds like Salah pre-Liverpool.

;-)

I'd happily have either Martial or Rashford at Spurs. Imho I think the latter is more likely, Martial will have suitors overseas.

For some reason I was expecting to recognise a few names in Tunisia's WC squad - but pretty much drawing a blank. Not only that, but their best striker is ruled out with injury.

England really ought to reach the Quarter Finals without too much trouble.

:dembelelol:

Back
Top Bottom