2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact that we have arguably 4 of the best players in the squad speaks volumes...
Usually, Spurs players are there to make up the numbers, and join the queue behind all the Man Utd/Chelsea/Arse players..
THIS Summer, you could argue that all but Trippier :walker: could start the first group game!
:allitongue::dier::roseunsure::kanegoal:

Because people would prefer we sign the likes of Serge Aurier instead of giving the likes of Kyle Walker-Peters a chance?

Not sure it correlates though. Brazil have one of the worst leagues in the world and they're a very successful national side (though funnily enough, less successful once their best players started moving around Europe)
Even with that limited pool of talents how do you leave out players like Shelvey, Wilshere, Ward-Prowse, Hughes, Cook. Non of those players are brilliant, but still....

Looking at the midfield options make you want to laugh and cry at the same time. Half the squad consist of defenders, FML, how many buses is he going to park in Russia?

Even with that limited pool of talents how do you leave out players like Shelvey, Wilshere, Ward-Prowse, Hughes, Cook. Non of those players are brilliant, but still....

Looking at the midfield options make you want to laugh and cry at the same time. Half the squad consist of defenders, FML, how many buses is he going to park in Russia?

Because Shelvey, JWP, Hughes and Cook have 8 caps between them.

England play 5 defenders. So of course half the squad is going to consist of defenders.

Whilst struggling to generate an enormous amount of interest in the World Cup, which team would you lot like to win? And if that team doesn’t win, which teams would you like to see win it?
For me it’s
1- England (obvs)
2- France (if England don’t win, I’d love to see Hugo lift the WC and come back with a winners medal)
2- Belgium ( if neither England or France win, purely for our Spurs contingent with the caveat that it would be mind blowing to think of Martinez as a World Cup winning manager)

So, having given the kiss of death to all 3 of the above, who would you guys like to win?

Lallana is a massive miss, very creative player and we will be lacking this I think. That said no point taking any passengers, if he's not fit then he can't contribute, so if this is the case then that's the team that i would have gone for. Probably wouldn't have taken Welbeck, I think he's shite, but if we are honest who else would there be...

Would love for us to get out of the groups and with the luck of a good draw (which we will not get) if we click we have an outside chance of quarters. But getting out the group should be the level of expectation. Hope the media, and fans, keep it cool.
a0ce9aa6b8e4eb4ee19a716c9f61cb1c.gif

Lallana is a massive miss, very creative player and we will be lacking this I think. That said no point taking any passengers, if he's not fit then he can't contribute, so if this is the case then that's the team that i would have gone for. Probably wouldn't have taken Welbeck, I think he's shite, but if we are honest who else would there be...

Would love for us to get out of the groups and with the luck of a good draw (which we will not get) if we click we have an outside chance of quarters. But getting out the group should be the level of expectation. Hope the media, and fans, keep it cool.
a0ce9aa6b8e4eb4ee19a716c9f61cb1c.gif

We will end up with one of Poland, Senegal, Colombia or Japan. We should be capable of beating any of these.

Though Iceland would say otherwise.

It must be obvious to anyone that Sulzeer isn't challenging Guardiola for manager of the year because he black...

"Kane needs to do better in the tournaments for England. His last few haven't worked out"

Harry Kane has played in one tournament for England

:cunt:

Mental disloyal no-mark fucking cunt

So glad that Wheelchair and Hart have officially been axed. Wheelchair because he’s Wheelchair, and Hart because he’s terrible.

What the hell happened to Hart anyway? I’m sure he was actually pretty good once.

It must be obvious to anyone that Sulzeer isn't challenging Guardiola for manager of the year because he black...

"Kane needs to do better in the tournaments for England. His last few haven't worked out"

Harry Kane has played in one tournament for England

:cunt:

Mental disloyal no-mark fucking cunt

I hope Sol gets run over by a car. Is that too much?:kaneear:

Whilst struggling to generate an enormous amount of interest in the World Cup, which team would you lot like to win? And if that team doesn’t win, which teams would you like to see win it?
For me it’s
1- England (obvs)
2- France (if England don’t win, I’d love to see Hugo lift the WC and come back with a winners medal)
2- Belgium ( if neither England or France win, purely for our Spurs contingent with the caveat that it would be mind blowing to think of Martinez as a World Cup winning manager)

So, having given the kiss of death to all 3 of the above, who would you guys like to win?
1. England (ha)
2. Brazil
3. Argies

For me it’s
1- England (obvs)

Argentina, I would like to see Messi get a winners medal.

> England win the World Cup.
> Fuelled by Spurs player performances.
> Harry Knighthood after he wins the golden boot. Salah narrowly misses out with Egypt.
> Cuts the opening ribbon on the new stadium afterwards.

Aaaaaaargh. Where am I? I just nodded off for a nap there.

For me it’s
1- England (obvs)

An Englishman rooting for the French?

Back
Top Bottom