2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst struggling to generate an enormous amount of interest in the World Cup, which team would you lot like to win? And if that team doesn’t win, which teams would you like to see win it?
For me it’s
1- England (obvs)
2- France (if England don’t win, I’d love to see Hugo lift the WC and come back with a winners medal)
2- Belgium ( if neither England or France win, purely for our Spurs contingent with the caveat that it would be mind blowing to think of Martinez as a World Cup winning manager)

So, having given the kiss of death to all 3 of the above, who would you guys like to win?
If England don't win it I'll go for Uruguay.
Always admired the way they punch above their weight and used to love the cynical, dirty tactics they used as a leveller.
And I'll lump a decent sum on an African side to win it. Allways get really long odds and it will happen one day. Probably go for Nigeria at around 200/1

Edit: Nigeria 284/1 with betfair if anyone wants some. No?? Thought not

If England don't win it I'll go for Uruguay.
Always admired the way they punch above their weight and used to love the cynical, dirty tactics they used as a leveller.
And I'll lump a decent sum on an African side to win it. Allways get really long odds and it will happen one day. Probably go for Nigeria at around 200/1

Edit: Nigeria 284/1 with betfair if anyone wants some. No?? Thought not

I’ve always had a soft spot for Uruguay. A tiny country that has produced some incredible players.

England obviously aren’t going to win it. It’s an average squad with a handful of gifted players here and there. Yeah we have Kane, but Sweden had Ibra and Poland have Lewandowski. We’d need a perfect storm of all our talented players (slim pickings) hitting top form, a lot of luck, and the big hitters underperforming to stand a chance.

I’ll be hoping Argentina win it. They won’t because their defence is pretty awful, but I’d love to see Messi lifting the trophy. If anyone in the history of football deserves that moment, it’s him. And Ross Noble.

Based on that squad, if I'm the England manager I'm picking this team. Fuck off the back 5 shit.

[formation=4123, Pickford, Walker, Jones, Maguire, Rose, Dier, RLC, Alli, Sterling, Kane, Rashford][/formation]

That midfield is genuinely depressing albeit it offers more than having Henderson in there next to Dier. Play on the counter.

Somewhat weird that I actually know more about the England squad than Australia's (which hasn't been officially released yet)...I have no idea what our best starting 11 even is these days.

znrnGjf.jpg

Not sure if you're serious or not because a simple google search brought up this as the first result: New Balance Panama Home Shirt 2018 | 2018 World Cup

Unless you're not in the UK?
Currently in Norway. In any case, I wasn't able to buy one from the new balance site. They make the shirt but when I went over to the GBP shop site I could only buy about half a dozen shirts - you know, the mainstream shit like Celtic and Liverpool. Fuck it. No big deal. I bought a genuine Panama hat instead... from Ecuador

Benzema, martial, ben yedder, Laporte, coman and rabiot not in it. They would all bar ben yedder start for England. France dept is insane.
I don't think Martial would get in England squad, I've seen nothing from him in all the time he's been here in England, I'd go so far as to say she been a bit shit. Ben Yedder isn't getting in over Kane, the rest I would agree with you. A bit like their Rugby team, though stacked with quality but I've yet to see them play amazing football yet.

I don't think Martial would get in England squad, I've seen nothing from him in all the time he's been here in England, I'd go so far as to say she been a bit shit. Ben Yedder isn't getting in over Kane, the rest I would agree with you. A bit like their Rugby team, though stacked with quality but I've yet to see them play amazing football yet.

Mate, Danny Welbeck is in your squad. Martial would be in for sure.

Benzema, martial, ben yedder, Laporte, coman and rabiot not in it. They would all bar ben yedder start for England. France dept is insane.

Benzema has been exiled from the French squad for years. Laporte is probably the only shock out those mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom