2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's happened to Rakitic this season? I don't watch a lot of la Liga but the small amount of Barca games i have seen he wasn't playing. Lovely footballer.

Like your midfield but you seem to run out of gas past the group stages, reliant on 4 excellent players too much??
Actually, he played most amount of games this season after Messi. But he's not in his prime anymore, Euro2016 was are big chance and we fucked it.

We didn't past the group stage in the WC after 1998 and famous 3rd place finish. That's really bad because we had solid group of players during this period of 20 years. Similar problem like in England, our FA is fucked up, and they are givnig a job to coaches who are learning on our national team. Like Bilic or Kovac. They are good now, but national team was their 1st job really.

Actually, he played most amount of games this season after Messi. But he's not in his prime anymore, Euro2016 was are big chance and we fucked it.

We didn't past the group stage in the WC after 1998 and famous 3rd place finish. That's really bad because we had solid group of players during this period of 20 years. Similar problem like in England, our FA is fucked up, and they are givnig a job to coaches who are learning on our national team. Like Bilic or Kovac. They are good now, but national team was their 1st job really.
Cheers, I'm probably going off your performance in the Euro's where you look good in the early rounds, then with a flick of a switch looked shit and you were out. (Did you get past the groups in the Euros?).

I did have a giggle to see that Corluca is in the squad!! Surely there is a better player than him? When we signed him from City I was so excited and I thought he was good, but he could barely run back then, quite possibly the slowest player I think we've ever had, so can't believe some 6yrs latter he's still selected.

DduCnvDUwAYWq-2.jpg

Still better than England.

:dembelelol::dembelelol:

Cheers, I'm probably going off your performance in the Euro's where you look good in the early rounds, then with a flick of a switch looked shit and you were out. (Did you get past the groups in the Euros?).

I did have a giggle to see that Corluca is in the squad!! Surely there is a better player than him? When we signed him from City I was so excited and I thought he was good, but he could barely run back then, quite possibly the slowest player I think we've ever had, so can't believe some 6yrs latter he's still selected.

On Euro's we were solid, but always missing something. 2008 we were 1st in group ahead of Germany and lost to Turkey. We scored in 119 minute, and they scored minute later and won on penalties.
2012 we were in group with Italy, Spain and Ireland, and didn't past the group because we were robbed for 2 penalties against Spain (no-one rembember that lol).
2016 we were playing great again in group stage, get Portugal, and lost by that silly goal. Couple minutes before we hit the post. Fucked again.

Corluka was always slow as fuck, but now he's just.. slowest player on WC probably. Lovren is our best CB so you can imagine how good the rest of them are. But midfield and attack are quite good for small nation like us. We'll see.

We were by far the better team that night, took two last min goals for them to get the draw, all be it one of them was truly stunning goal. Sure a friendly but it wasn't a walk over for them and it also was a very strong team they fielded.

England are probably the best friendly team in the world. Mainly because we seem to take it more seriously than anyone else.

England are probably the best friendly team in the world. Mainly because we seem to take it more seriously than anyone else.
I would disagree with that, but that I mean we field many an experimental side, saw somewhere that no international side has played as many players as us in the last xx (recent years, I've forgotten the period but think it was across Hodgson's, Allardyce and Southgate's time??). What I would agree with is our press and fans take friendlies seriously, which filters down possibly to how we prepare and train. Wembley is a sellout, and it dominates the airwave and print media pre and post game. If we compare that to Germany they don't give a shit and lose may of their friendlies and the press and fans are completely OK with it. Lucky bastards.

Don't mess with Messi...

Or Maradona. Managed to get himself on the shit-list of his country’s most influential people.

He’s obviously deeply unpopular so from a squad morale perspective it’s an understandable decision. Seems like a right twat anyway.

I’d say I’d wish England would have a similar approach to bad eggs, but our squad would end up with about 8 players.

Back
Top Bottom