2 tickets for Spurs vs Chelsea on the 20th for sale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing is that he's not even said the money is for charity. What he said was that he won them at a charity event. Nowhere does he state that he'll be donating the raised funds to a charity.

I'm pretty sure that my explanation yesterday said that I was trying to raise as much money as possible. I'm sorry if that wasn't very clear, so to confirm: all money from the sale of these tickets will go to the Cots for Tots charity.

What don't you get? From your posts, you appeared to be trying to make money from selling Spurs tickets to Spurs fans at extortionate prices. We see this happen, and there was no difference between your post and that of other leeches who do that sort of thing. If someone comes here and tries to exploit supporters like that, he'll get told to fuck off.

Now you've explained your situation you've had some great feedback from Reptile, SpursLegend etc. No need to keep feeling offended because of the nasty uncouth football fans.

You're quite right you can't have been expected to know any of that. I have to give you your due for returning. Would have been the easiest thing in the world to just abandon ship.

Well, my wife certainly thinks I should have abandoned ship; I think she might be upset about this whole experience for quite a while. But I don't know how else to sell the tickets, so I'm not giving up yet.

Big rich. Unfortunately we do get a lot of chancers and spammers on this forum am so there was no reason to believe otherwise from your opening gambit. I have been active on this forum for nearly a year, but if I tried to sell on a ticket at an inflated price I would receive similar short shrift. I might not get as much abuse, thanks to at least having a strong post history, but you have to understand that we take a dim view of people profiteering out of the fact many staunch spurs fans struggle to get tickets to most home games.
I'm still slightly sceptical about your intentions I must admit and I still think you'll struggle on other forums even if you mention the back story. My best advice would be to ask your spurs supporting friend to see if he can shift them to other fans he may know, in person, at face value. Any online community in any interest group will always be sceptical of a first time poster trying to sell something.

Thanks jimmyriggle. My back up plan is to sell one of the tickets to my mate and see whether he can sell the other one. Normally he'd take both of them and go with his wife, but she's organising some other charity thing that weekend so she can't go. They live in Devon so I'm not sure how many other fans he knows in the area, but he has said he'll try and help if my current plan doesn't work (and it clearly looks like it won't). I'll give it until the weekend and then go to plan B I think.

Hi

Hi HarryHotspur. Let me know what evidence you think I should provide, and I'll see what I can do. The charity is the Cots for Tots charity in Brsitol (www.cotsfortots.org.uk and the event where I won the tickets is here: http://www.cotsfortots.org.uk/classical-concert-in-aid-of-cots-for-tots/
I'm sure I can get something from the charity to confirm that they are expecting to receive the money raised.

Fair enough, bit more genuine now. Wasnt sure if you had just said "im giving the money to charity" or "this is the charity im giving the money to" if you know what I mean.

If you dont mind me asking, why this charity? :)

sticker,375x360.png

Spurscommunity, comeonyouspurs, and maybe also try something like not606, which isn't a Spurs specific forum, but has a very busy Spurs sub-forum.
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree with this advice. Sign up to comeonyouspurs, they are very friendly there, the members don't flame anyone like we do and they'll welcome you with open arms. Top people they are, and very helpful.

Put them on ebay as a charity auction.
Start the auction at £50 and put a reserve if you're really worried about getting less than face value for them.

SIMPLE!

Fair enough, bit more genuine now. Wasnt sure if you had just said "im giving the money to charity" or "this is the charity im giving the money to" if you know what I mean.

If you dont mind me asking, why this charity? :)

Three reasons really. First, the charity event we won the tickets at was raising funds for this charity, so it seems the obvious choice. Second, my wife is an obstetrician, so I hear a lot of stories about premature babies. Third, my wife was quite ill when we had our first child so I have a soft spot for any charity that looks after babies and new parents.

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree with this advice. Sign up to comeonyouspurs, they are very friendly there, the members don't flame anyone like we do and they'll welcome you with open arms. Top people they are, and very helpful.

I smell a rat; then again, raising money for charity is supposed to involve at least some pain, and they can hardly be worse than you lot...

...(can they?!)

Put them on ebay as a charity auction.
Start the auction at £50 and put a reserve if you're really worried about getting less than face value for them.

SIMPLE!

For some reason I didn't think ebay allowed selling tickets, but I didn't know about the charity auction thing. Looks like a winner. Thanks Ramsingh.

Back
Top Bottom