2 tickets for Spurs vs Chelsea on the 20th for sale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You know what, you're probably right, and if I'd known what a hostile and aggressive bunch of people football fans are I would probably have explained it a bit better. But coming to a forum like this was the suggestion of a genuine Spurs fan, so I was not really expecting it to be such a controversial issue, and I was getting grief from my wife for being on the laptop while eating dinner, so I rushed it. I hardly think that qualifies me for the kind of abuse I've got here.

Big Rich,

Register on another Spurs forum, explain the situation in full (like you have no done in this thread - you may as well pretty much copy and paste your explanation from this thread) and offer them as the two tickets for £150 (a slightly above face value figure to cover the postage) and they will get snapped up no problems, and without all the negativity you have received in here.

MontyPythonRunAway.jpg

as far as I know, the donation talk comes from Reptile suggesting it. I have not seen the OP hinting to that in any of his posts.

So, does he or the charity own the tickets right now? If he won them, then is he going to donate the proceeds? Just seems odd.
I'd guess he entered a raffle, from which the proceeds from the ticket sales went to charity. The prizes are the winners, and they can do with them what they wish. The OP seems to have decided he'd rather sell the tickets and take the cash rather than use them. Fair enough if he isn't a football fan, though I feel he should donate a percentage of the money to the charity himself.

You know what, you're probably right, and if I'd known what a hostile and aggressive bunch of people football fans are I would probably have explained it a bit better. But coming to a forum like this was the suggestion of a genuine Spurs fan, so I was not really expecting it to be such a controversial issue, and I was getting grief from my wife for being on the laptop while eating dinner, so I rushed it. I hardly think that qualifies me for the kind of abuse I've got here.

You won the tickets? So in fact, other than the money that you donated to charity (which I think is great, I myself do my bit for charity too (Archie Foundation if anyone here is feeling generous)), which you would have done anyway, you did not have to pay for these tickets and then you try to sell them for £200 each. A bit of research (checking the Spurs website to see the category of the game and what price these tickets go for/or usually the price is printed on the tickets) would have told you how much the tickets were, which would have been an acceptable price. You were trying to make an easy £350/400 here, that's not cool.

I'm not sorry for any of the replies you got on this thread, ignorance is not an acceptable excuse.

Don't you all feel terrible now! A decent guy just trying to raise some dough for charity! ;)

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he's logged on, seen the abuse he's got then said it was for charity to make us feel bad. Is there any actual evidence to support his claim? Not being a dick, I've only skim read so can't be sure... :)

The thing is that he's not even said the money is for charity. What he said was that he won them at a charity event. Nowhere does he state that he'll be donating the raised funds to a charity.

The thing is that he's not even said the money is for charity. What he said was that he won them at a charity event. Nowhere does he state that he'll be donating the raised funds to a charity.

Your bid of £5.31 and some nectar points is still leading the way - can a post on a forum constitute a legally binding contract?
:baletroll:

Fucking hell. Biggest load of trolling bullshit I have ever read.

Raising money for charity my arse. If you are raising money for charity then you privately auction the tickets or sell them by way of a raffle. You don't pitch up on a fan forum, on which you have no interest to post, and try and fleece fans for twice the face value of the tickets. I call a great big fresh squelchy freshly laid pile of the most finest jersey bovine bullshit out there.

Big Rich? Fuck the fucking fuck off with your "poor innocent me" bollocks. Your wife is right, too much time on the laptop. Go back to doing the dishes.

Fucking troll cunt.

Cunt.

Fuck.

Troll.

Bullshit.

Cunt.

Bovine excrement.

Fucking ostrich bastard.

I need a stress wank.

I'll take them, give me your bank details and I will transfer the monies.

Also need your name, address and the last 3 digits on the back of your card.
And the long number on the front of your card.
And the expiry dates.

Top man.

I presume she won them in a raffle (who would win an auction for something they don't want).....

isn't the accepted norm to put immediately put prizes back into the draw if you don't want them?

Yes, we won them at a raffle. I don’t know about the accepted norm, I’ve never won anything at a raffle before, but when we realised we won something were pretty pleased, so we didn’t really think about giving them back. Besides, we actually thought about going to the match since we’d never been to something like that before. It’s only afterwards when we started thinking about getting there, babysitters etc that we realised it might not be such a good idea. That’s when we thought about what to do with the tickets and came up with the idea of selling them to raise more money.

Back
Top Bottom