2 tickets for Spurs vs Chelsea on the 20th for sale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well thanks for all the useful feedback everyone. I’m not a fan actually; in fact I’ve never been to a football match in my life. My wife and I won the tickets at a charity night out. My wife is a doctor and one of her colleagues organised the event to raise money for Cots for Tots (www.cotsfortots.org.uk), which raises funds to support the Special Care Baby Unit at St Michael’s Hospital in Bristol. I offered the tickets to a friend of mine, who is a massive Spurs fan, and he was obviously keen, but he suggested that if I wanted to raise as much money as possible I should try to sell the tickets through one of the Tottenham Hotspur forums, which is why I’m here. As I said, I’m not a football fan so I have no idea how much the tickets are worth. I’m sorry if you feel that I’m trying to rip off the fans, but I was expecting that someone would tell me how much they would be willing to offer for the tickets. Instead the first thing everyone asks is how much I want for them. Obviously I want as much as possible. I went to the footballclubtickets.bz site to check how much other tickets were selling for, and the price seemed to vary between £150 and £250 per ticket, depending on the seats, so I went for the average and suggested £200. You might think that’s a rip off, but I presume that some people are willing to pay this otherwise why would people want those sort of prices. Either way, that’s my story, so how about letting me have some useful feedback and telling me how much you think the tickets are worth.

If you are selling to Spurs fans, you sell them at the price on the ticket, £71 each. Otherwise people are just going to laugh at you.

Dude, at the risk of it sounding like an echo of Case's post, you would have avoided heaps of negativity if you had said that up-front...working as I do in the NHS I can well appreciate the necessity for those units to raise funds by any means, however - as you are by now acutely aware - just piling in with both feet where fans fully cognisant of the face value of tickets without qualification was, on reflection, a bit of an error in judgement.

I presume she won them in a raffle (who would win an auction for something they don't want).....

isn't the accepted norm to put immediately put prizes back into the draw if you don't want them?

Dude, at the risk of it sounding like an echo of Case's post, you would have avoided heaps of negativity if you had said that up-front...working as I do in the NHS I can well appreciate the necessity for those units to raise funds by any means, however - as you are by now acutely aware - just piling in with both feet where fans fully cognisant of the face value of tickets without qualification was, on reflection, a bit of an error in judgement.
You know what, you're probably right, and if I'd known what a hostile and aggressive bunch of people football fans are I would probably have explained it a bit better. But coming to a forum like this was the suggestion of a genuine Spurs fan, so I was not really expecting it to be such a controversial issue, and I was getting grief from my wife for being on the laptop while eating dinner, so I rushed it. I hardly think that qualifies me for the kind of abuse I've got here.

You know what, you're probably right, and if I'd known what a hostile and aggressive bunch of people football fans are I would probably have explained it a bit better. But coming to a forum like this was the suggestion of a genuine Spurs fan, so I was not really expecting it to be such a controversial issue, and I was getting grief from my wife for being on the laptop while eating dinner, so I rushed it. I hardly think that qualifies me for the kind of abuse I've got here.

I would have to agree with that, to an extent. However, even you must see that - without equivocation - your first two posts do come off as those of somebody seeking to cash-in.

You will need to take my word for this but the people on this forum are neither hostile nor aggressive in the flesh. What you have inadvertently fallen victim to though, is an unwritten yet generally-held axiom within the Spurs-supporting community [I can't speak for other supporters] concerning how tickets are sold-on. As a rule, one does not seek greater than face value (the price of beer being an acceptable mark-up) and those who do come in for identical treatment.

20:20 hindsight is a wonderful thing of course, I can honestly say the reception you would have received - though it may not have solved your immediate problem - would have been far less incredulous.

Now, I wouldn't want to speak for the staff on the forum/pod but I'm certain there is a way out of this that can benefit you, the charity and the members of this board.

Reptile , you are a decent person but if i understood correctly what was written in that strange language of yours , he won the tickets and is trying to cash them in , no ? Charity event was the basis but now its personal gain , but i could be wrong

You obviously saw the price on the tickets? You were aware you were asking for an enormous mark-up. It is not hostile and aggressive to take the piss out of someone who comes here trying to exploit supporters for personal gain. And you clearly see that is how you came across.

I think you're the one who has handled this badly, not anyone who laughed at your ludicrous offer.

i am way too cynical to believe that :kilnsmann:

I'm not, especially when we have been given the name of the charity in open forum and I know a number of senior consultants who will undoubtedly either be personally or professionally-acquainted with the folk in Bristol.

They don't say "Reptile wins, flawless victory" for nothing, you know.

reptile-fatality-head-chomp.gif

Back
Top Bottom