Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would love to see him turn things around, as I think he is a talent when fit. But unfortunately I don't think he will, time is not on his side. I would love it if I was wrong.

Mate, this is not about sentiment or disliking the bloke or saying he does not give his all.

It's that he is not good enough for us. Nothing more nothing less.

You've just said you can't believe how someone can disagree he won't be seen at the stadium again after he's just posted a picture of himself at the stadium.

No idea why you've brought up sentiment, dislike or quality.

His 2019 highlights:

Any excuse to repost this...

THE ENDING OF NW1Spur NW1Spur : Part 4!. The megapost of the West Ham Cat Nonce©

won't ever be given a new contract

Total myth. Only player in the entire squad not on a contract given by Poch.

Poch may just be giving him some minutes ahead of the transfer window to let it be known he's fit and ready to play. I'll be proven wrong if he gets a new contract.

My position has always been that he's never been in Poch's long term plans, has not and will not be offered a new contract and will be sold in the Summer.

I haven't changed my mind that I think he'll move on in the Summer. His contract situation dictates that. E

When he gets a new contract, then I'll admit I was wrong.

Lots of stories a few weeks ago that a raft of players will be offered new contracts at the end of the season but Lamela isn't one of them. When this comes to fruition I promise not to gloat... honestly. And if it comes to pass that Lamela is sold, I will not rub your nose in it... I really... sincerely, cough, cough, mean that... honestly.

What has to happen for you to look inwards and think "you know what, I've been completely wrong here".

1) New contract

And when he signs a new contract, then he'll no longer be the only player at the club that Poch has not given a new contract to, then you'll have something to poke me in the eye with.

Erik Lamela signs new four-year contract at Tottenham

With Moura coming this window he's certain to go. Only the most blinkered of fans wouldn't see that.

Erik Lamela stays through a window that NW1 suggested he would leave in and is added to the Champions League squad NW1 said he would not be added to.

Poch claims 'painful' choice to drop Juan Foyth wasn't just his decision

So from reading that it sounds like it was a straight choice between Foyth and Lamela, the Head Scout and Poch wanting Foyth in and Levy and the "administration" (the money men) wanting Lamela in, as it would reduce his transfer value if he were ommitted (case in point being Moura) and the reality is that neither will probably play much so putting Lamela in made better financial sense. It wasn't a football decision because there's too many players ahead of both.

According to NW1, Poch was forced by Levy to add Lamela. And that Lamela wouldn't be playing much.

Lamela then starts at the first opportunity in the CL away to Juve. Did Levy force him to start him too? Levy is interfering with team selection?

The "painful" decision clearly revolved around retaining Foyth in the squad or bringing Lamela into it, who had been ommitted from the Group Stage squad even though he was on course to be fit for the latter games. There was clearly a very high up meeting about it, and Poch found the outcome "painful".

See above. It was so painful he selected him at first opportunity. We go on...

Ok, and maybe when Lamela doesn't start against Liverpool, Woolwich or Juventus.

I'm gonna avoid referencing Lamela
from now on because he's not really doing anything worthy of talking about and it's just the same old arguments and Lamela isn't going to play enough to even have a debate about, but that won't stop the same old posters telling us how skillful he is, the most skillful player at the club apparently, how he's Poch's main man and his embodiment on the pitch.

This is just a cacophony of wrong. Starts v. Juventus, NW1 hasn't shutup about him despite his own promises, Lamela has played enough for him to break his own promise and he is the same old poster.

Lamela as an option in important games ahead Eriksen, Dele or Son? Absolutely no chance

NO CHANCE! Lamela starts away v. Juventus and Chelsea. Important games right?

It's not enough to "get it". You would "get it" if you played for Spurs but that doesn't mean you should. The last two starts he had in the PL before his injury were away to Bournemouth and West Brom. He was the worst attacking player in each game. I see no improvement. What does he bring ahead of Son? Virtually nothing. He doesn't impact the game. As a back up to Dele or Alli he's fine but playing him wide he's pointless, on either side, especially when we have a player the quality of Son and now Moura.

I hope Poch learnt a lesson today and doesn't repeat this mistake. When we dominate possession against a team that has ten men behind the ball, Lamela offers nothing, never has.

This is a post that was inspired by Erik Lamela simply tweeting ''It is an honour to play for this great club''.

NW1 used a Spurs player showing admiration for our club to attack him and downtred him. Shameful.

I cannot stay quiet when it could cost us points and cause us to miss out on the CL. I called it the moment the team was announced yesterday and the game panned out just as I thought it would and predictably ended up with him being subbed after 60 odd minutes. We might need 80 points to get CL! Son should start ahead of Lamela in every league game until CL is secured. There's no room for error. I think Poch has learnt his lesson and Son will start against Huddersfield, Juve and Bournemouth so the topic fortunately won't need to be discussed.

Poch has since started Erik Lamela in a League game. 80 points needed to qualify for CL is just a hilarious bit.

Right are wrong are often not black and white but subjective versions of reality.

When asked if he's ever been wrong about Erik Lamela, he came out with this. Smh.

His short passing is good but his long passing isn't.

Here he is criticising Lamela for not having an attribute which is effectively redundant for an AM. There is rarely enough pitch in front of an AM when they receive the ball to make a long pass. A DM or CB maybe.

NW1 is now dreaming up reasons to attack Lamela.

And finally, the icing on the bullshit cake. Seeing as NW1 constantly tells us what a great judge he is...

I was wrong about Lamela. I didn't think he was good enough for Spurs because I don't think he's good enough for a top 4 team. I'm still right about this, but we're not a top 4 club anymore (absolutely no chance this season) so by default he has become good enough for us.

We've got no chance of top 4.

No chance...

Premier League (Sky Sports)

Never change NW1Spur NW1Spur you deluded fuck.

DVsUEeJW0AABP0U.jpg

P.s. Your Mum's a schlag

Maybe you and a few others could man up admit you've been wrong about him and he's never become the "world class" player you believed he was. You keep telling us he's this or he's that but keeps being shit, when even he's fit that is.
Imagine the West Ham Cat Nonce demanding someone admit they are wrong.

Imagine the gall of the cat fiddler.

What has to happen for you to look inwards and think "you know what, I've been completely wrong here".

1) New contract

Erik Lamela signs new four-year contract at Tottenham

Maybe you and a few others could man up admit you've been wrong about him and he's never become the "world class" player you believed he was. You keep telling us he's this or he's that but keeps being shit, when even he's fit that is.

I certainly would not call him or probably any Spurs player shit but with the banner Lamela arrived with I am staggered his relative mediocrity of performance grabs so much admiration.

Strewth, Robbie Savage was all about commitnent and endeavour but he had limitations as a player.

Lamela is supposed to be much more than that in terms of quality but has rarely demanded starts with us.

That tells you everything. Would be nowhere near many of the top 6 matchday squads.

Amazing how you revel in cunting off someone who lives, breathes and plays his heart out for Spurs.

You've followed up a post where he's said he's in love with the New Stadium going get rid.

Luckily Pochettino adores him.

Poch adores him 😂😂😂😂 yeah right

Where's the cunt off ? Far worse said about other players on this forum none of this is personal I just happen to think Lamela doesn't belong to this level.

Poch adores him 😂😂😂😂 yeah right

Where's the cunt off ? Far worse said about other players on this forum none of this is personal I just happen to think Lamela doesn't belong to this level.
It is personal though when your bumchum suggests he's faking injuries, has a drug addiction and mocks his mental health.

Also,

So yea, Poch adores him. Argue all you like fella, you're wrong.

"If we're playing against teams like Palace, Swansea or Burnley that are playing a lot deeper, you don't need pace you need quality, good individual quality one v one like Lamela.

"That can break one v one. Because every single action is building, building, building. If you have pace you can be stopped with the wall and you crash. You need good quality and capacity to drive, an individual like Lamela can bring that quality to the team."

''PoCh DoN't RaTe LaMeLa!''

It is personal though when your bumchum suggests he's faking injuries, has a drug addiction and mocks his mental health.

Also,

I don't think Poch does rate Lamela

Also,

Seems that he likes the type of player to me and he can't afford a better one chalk this one up as a victory for yourself if you like tho!

I don't think Poch does rate Lamela

Seems that he likes the type of player to me and he can't afford a better one chalk this one up as a victory for yourself if you like tho!
Lol

And there is your self delusion encaptured in a post.

Poch explicitly says he rates a player. You read it as ''I don't think Poch rates a player''.

Hilarious stuff.

Basically, you can't be wrong in this debate. If Poch were to say he doesn't rate Lamela, you're right. Poch explicitly says he rates Lamela, you're still right.

Hahaha

It's ok to be wrong lads. It really is. I know your sunburt egos are precious. But man up.

Lol

And there is your self delusion encaptured in a post.

Poch explicitly says he rates a player. You read it as ''I don't think Poch rates a player''.

Hilarious stuff.

Basically, you can't be wrong in this debate. If Poch were to say he doesn't rate Lamela, you're right. Poch explicitly says he rates Lamela, you're still right.

Hahaha

It's ok to be wrong lads. It really is.

Your damning evidence was written when ?

Lamela signed a new contract not that long ago, he's a grafter and has great technical quality. People forget how severe his injury was, it's inevitable that he will pick up some knocks until he is fully recovered.

He is a player that is willing to die on the pitch for Tottenham and you need players like that in your squad.

Back
Top Bottom