Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How exactly do you play 90 games in 2 seasons in dribs and drabs?

And the argument isn't that he's better than Eriksen, Dele or Son. It's that he is a valued member of the squad who Poch adores, rates and trusts.

You haven't provided an ounce of evidence to the contrary other than valuing your own opinion as gospel.

How many games have we played this season how many minutes has Lamela played ? Drive and drabs son

How many games have we played this season how many minutes has Lamela played ? Drive and drabs son
Dribs and drabs this year due to injury.

But you said dribs and drabs to my putting up his full appearance record under Poch after you said Poch rarely plays him.

You can keep digging and moving the goalposts if you like. But it's quite evident you're wrong in saying Poch doesn't rate him.

But you said dribs and drabs to my putting up his full appearance record under Poch after you said Poch rarely plays him.

You can keep digging if you like. But it's quite evident you're wrong in saying Poch doesn't rate him.

You can keep digging and moving the goalposts if you like. But it's quite evident you're wrong in saying Poch doesn't rate him.

Who's moving goalposts ?

Lamela last six starts:

Chelsea away, subbed after 70 mins with score 0-1

Newcastle at home, subbed after 78 mins with the score at 0-0. We went ahead soon after he went off and won the game.

Chelsea away in LC. Played 90 minutes in a 1-2 defeat, he had no involvement in the goal.

Fulham away, subbed off after 79 minutes with score at 1-1. He had no involvement in the goal and, again, we scored the winner after he went off.

Burnley at home, subbed after 82 minutes with the score at 0-0. Yet again, we scored and won the game soon after he went off.

Inter at home, subbed after 70 minutes the score at 0-0. Again, we scored and won the game after he went off.

He blunts our whole attack when he plays. His value is that of an injury prone sub. I'd say that's worth no more thank 30k a week, not the 100k we're spunking away.

We need to upgrade players like Lamela if we're going to progress as a club.

Lamela last six starts:

Chelsea away, subbed after 70 mins with score 0-1

Newcastle at home, subbed after 78 mins with the score at 0-0. We went ahead soon after he went off and won the game.

Chelsea away in LC. Played 90 minutes in a 1-2 defeat, he had no involvement in the goal.

Fulham away, subbed off after 79 minutes with score at 1-1. He had no involvement in the goal and, again, we scored the winner after he went off.

Burnley at home, subbed after 82 minutes with the score at 0-0. Yet again, we scored and won the game soon after he went off.

Inter at home, subbed after 70 minutes the score at 0-0. Again, we scored and won the game after he went off.

He blunts our whole attack when he plays. His value is that of an injury prone sub. I'd say that's worth no more thank 30k a week, not the 100k we're spunking away.

We need to upgrade players like Lamela if we're going to progress as a club.
Not bad for a player that's been sold in the last 6 windows.

When Lamela had a good run of games he had a great contribution early in the season. Once the injuries started hitting he lost some form, that's normal. For a comparison:

Dele - PL minutes played 1455, 5 goals 2 assists
Lamela - PL minutes played 896, 4 goals 2 assists

Lamela is a useful player to have in the squad and not on a particularly massive wage, he works hard and has more vision than most of our players. Not a problem to have players like him. Every top team has squad players, there is no way he is on 100k a week either.

I'm a huge fan of Lamela, he is quality, whilst anyone can hold an opinion, I do genuinely question the individual that thinks Lamela is shit, honestly, think you know fuck all about football, but that's just my opinion.

We do however have a problem with him, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with ability but everything to do with fitness. In the professional game, there is absolutely no point in having a player in the squad that is consistently unavailable to play. I love what our club has done with him (and that also proves to those who think his shit that Poch thinks his mustard and worth looking after), the club delayed his operation and choose to work on the problem (you can't undo an op, it's the last resort), when he clearly pushed for the op himself as his problems were still present, the club were still with him and offered him a new deal etc.

But if he can't contribute to the team there is no point having him in the team.

why is it mutually exclusive for so many to say they like/value a player but he should also be moved on.

I like lamela. I understand his value and how Poch rates him.... yet i would like to see him replaced at this stage with someone better and/or less injury prone.

i feel quite sorry for the chap, but lets be realistic - we should not be happy about 80k (basic) salary going on a player that spends so much time in the treatment room or on the bench.

I'm a huge fan of Lamela, he is quality, whilst anyone can hold an opinion, I do genuinely question the individual that thinks Lamela is shit, honestly, think you know fuck all about football, but that's just my opinion.

We do however have a problem with him, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with ability but everything to do with fitness. In the professional game, there is absolutely no point in having a player in the squad that is consistently unavailable to play. I love what our club has done with him (and that also proves to those who think his shit that Poch thinks his mustard and worth looking after), the club delayed his operation and choose to work on the problem (you can't undo an op, it's the last resort), when he clearly pushed for the op himself as his problems were still present, the club were still with him and offered him a new deal etc.

But if he can't contribute to the team there is no point having him in the team.
I can agree with this.

It's also why I don't want Bale.

When Lamela had a good run of games he had a great contribution early in the season. Once the injuries started hitting he lost some form, that's normal. For a comparison:

Lamela is a useful player to have in the squad and not on a particularly massive wage, he works hard and has more vision than most of our players. Not a problem to have players like him. Every top team has squad players, there is no way he is on 100k a week either.
Each to their own but if we signed someone who will be injured for about half our games for about 35m (with inflation about that) & is on 100k per week then I wouldn't be happy with that signing. Or even if it's the 80k mentioned by another poster. 80k too much.

If you've got some spare time you should get to Downing Street and help sort this Brexit mess out, because that whole post seems designed to extracate yourself from a previously entrenched position. It's a total kop out to say he's this incredible player ruined by injuries, but, hey, if it gets everyone to finally admit this guy needs moving on, that's all good.

I am surprised teams aren't more cautious when signing injury prone players. West ham signed Wilshire on 100k per week. He's barely played... what a surprise! Its just throwing money away. I bet someone signs up Andy Carroll on quite big wages too despite him barely playing.

This is the usual thing on here of compartmentalized stats that favor Lamela tho , his early season scoring form was good but very much an anomaly, Dele not scoring is also an anomaly so it created unreliable data

Lamela isn't a squad player he's a first team player and that's the problem he occupies a key role within the squad .

This is the usual thing on here of compartmentalized stats that favor Lamela tho , his early season scoring form was good but very much an anomaly, Dele not scoring is also an anomaly so it created unreliable data

Lamela isn't a squad player he's a first team player and that's the problem he occupies a key role within the squad .
166 appearances under Poch isn't ''compartmentalised stats''.

A manager does not, and will not, play a player he doesn't rate 166 times.

If you think he would, then you should be calling for Poch's head.

If you've got some spare time you should get to Downing Street and help sort this Brexit mess out, because that whole post seems designed to extracate yourself from a previously entrenched position. It's a total kop out to say he's this incredible player ruined by injuries, but, hey, if it gets everyone to finally admit this guy needs moving on, that's all good.
Don't be such a pratt fella. It's really not my fault you haven't got a clue.

Back
Top Bottom