Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really hope the Inter rumours are true he's far more suited to a slower paced game and simply lacks the physicality to succeed in the PL , would like to see him reinvigorating his career because he's an honest grafter but he simply has no purpose at Spurs anymore.
He's completely the opposite. He's arguably the most aggressive player in the squad, he is the main presser in the team, no-one presses with the same intensity and for as long as him, this is kind of important in a high pressing side. It's obvious our press isn't as effective when he's not in the side. Some of our most enjoyable performances (when we are on it pressing the fuck out of the oppo) have been with him in the side. We have had some other memorable victories without him playing but we have achieved those playing in a different way (Dortmund, Liverpool, Madrid etc).

With Moura coming in I may be on to a loser with NW1Spur NW1Spur unless we ditch Gazzaniga to get both in. Those cats may getting a tenner.

I couldn't be happier to be wrong if it's the case. Been calling for Moura since August. Although with only 6 games under his belt this season I wouldn't be surprised if Poch doesn't see him as an immediate option in the latter stages of the CL. Emery hasn't given him a sniff all year. Can't be match fit.

That's a great interview.

Love the fact that he's laughing in the face of NW1Spur NW1Spur and his chums over the drugs etc bullshit that those who don't like him actually invent lies to build their own little posse of haters, (same ones who invented Mason as a Chelsea fan) all sitting in their underpants tapping away at a keyboard and wanking themselves in some wired online soggy biscuit competition.

When fit, Poch always selects him.

You'll never find any post of me claiming he had a drug ban, commenting about his dog dying or anything like that. I only ever speculated there maybe a psychologial component to his injury. Given all the things going on in his life at that time, that actually wouldn't be very surprising.

We'll find out Poch's attitude towards him between now and the new season. My position has always been that he's never been in Poch's long term plans, has not and will not be offered a new contract and will be sold in the Summer. You can say I was wrong about this or that but so far I've only been wrong by about 200 odd minutes that he wouldn't play for us again - let's see how long it takes Toby to better that up when he's back. And it's only this window it's been able to sell him, though he perhaps hasn't played enough yet.

I judge players fundamentally on their skill set and back myself as a good judge of attacking players in particular, as that's what I was as a player, tricky winger come striker. I'm very keen on Malcom because the skillset is there - pace, balance, ability to strike the ball well in a variety of ways, able to use both feet. I'm less keen on Moura though as Malcom betters him in most areas. When we were linked with Ousmane Dembele 18 months back it took me one YouTube video to see he was a future Ballon d'Or winner and would end up at one of Spanish giants. So with Lamela, it's so simply that the skillset isn't there, which is what my opinion has always been based on.

Last edited:
You'll never find any post of me claiming he had a drug ban, commenting about his dog dying or anything like that. I only ever speculated there maybe a psychologial component to his injury. Given all the things going on in his life at that time, that actually wouldn't be very surprising.

We'll find out Poch's attitude towards him between now and the new season. My position has always been that he's never been in Poch's long term plans, has not and will not be offered a new contract and will be sold in the Summer. You can say I was wrong about this or that but so far I've only been wrong by about 200 odd minutes that he wouldn't play for us again - let's see how long it takes Toby to better that up when he's back. And it's only this window it's been able to sell him, though he perhaps hasn't played enough yet.

I judge players fundamentally on their skill set and back myself as a good judge of attacking players in particular, as that was I was as a player, tricky winter come striker. I'm very keen on Malcom because the skillset is there - pace, balance, ability to strike the ball well in a variety of ways, able to use both feet. I'm less keen on Moura though as Malcom betters him in most areas. When we were linked with Ousmane Dembele 18 months back it took me one YouTube video too see he was a future Ballon d'Or winner and would end up at one of Spanish giants. So with Lamela, it's so simply that the skillset isn't there, which is what my opinion has always been based on.

Maybe with your outstanding skill you should be working as a scout. Who did you play for since you were such a tricky winger?

My position has always been that he's never been in Poch's long term plans, has not and will not be offered a new contract and will be sold in the Summer.
Is it really? ''Always''.

You before last summer's window...

Wimmer will be replaced by either Maguire or Keane, and GKN will moved on along with Lamela and Sissoko.

I honestly don't think we'll ever see Lamela back at Spurs in any capacity, not even at the training ground. Simply no reason not to be back at Hotspur Way now or at the ceremony today like Winks was. I believe he's still in Barcelona and everything says to me he knows he has no future at the club.

I will say no more about Lamela until it's announced he's being sold, and then I will let rip on my thoughts on him. And I expect some humble pie from you when you realise Poch's opinion of Lamela is not far off mine.

especially as Sissoko, GKN and Lamela are all likely to leave.

You, before this window...

The FA cup will just be a chance to give Lamela a few minutes to prove he's still alive so we can flog him for a few mill.

I've no doubt we'll see the back of Lamela soon.

We could shift Lamela on to an Italian club - there doesn't seem to be an new contract offer on the table so something has to happen with him either in January

Come on, man. You say the same thing before every window. Eventually you'll probably be right unless Lamela see's his career out here. And then you'll let rip how right you were all along?

But so far, you've been consistently wrong in regards to Lamela whilst claiming you've been correct and you and Poch's views are aligned.

The evidence suggest otherwise. Lamela is still here, going nowhere and is still Spurs.

Last edited:

I judge players fundamentally on their skill set and back myself as a good judge of attacking players in particular, as that was I was as a player, tricky winter come striker. I'm very keen on Malcom because the skillset is there - pace, balance, ability to strike the ball well in a variety of ways, able to use both feet. I'm less keen on Moura though as Malcom betters him in most areas. When we were linked with Ousmane Dembele 18 months back it took me one YouTube video too see he was a future Ballon d'Or winner and would end up at one of Spanish giants. So with Lamela, it's so simply that the skillset isn't there, which is what my opinion has always been based on.
But it's fair to say you have been obsessed with him, he's your pet subject. My earlier post is a bit tongue in cheek mate given your obsessive commentary on him this past year hope its seen as such. Always happy to debate the merits of a player.

But it's fair to say you have been obsessed with him, he's your pet subject. My earlier post is a bit tongue in cheek mate given your obsessive commentary on him this past year hope its seen as such. Always happy to debate the merits of a player.

Yes, it's fair to say I have a thing about him, and it goes back way before I came on here, on Spurs Community and elsewhere. I felt I was the first person to spot his short comings and felt the need to expound these, sometimes perhaps excessively.

Yes, it's fair to say I have a thing about him, and it goes back way before I came on here, on Spurs Community and elsewhere. I felt I was the first person to spot his short comings and felt the need to expound these, sometimes perhaps excessively.

Your arrogance knows no bounds. I hope Lamela reads this so he knows to retire since his career is over.

I hope this article makes some of the muppets accusing him of being on drugs shut up.
I hope it makes them realise that footballers are human beings and have lives.
They are not all like the stereotypical forum poster whos work performance doesn't suffer at his desk becuase of lack of sleep with a newborn baby and suffering from grief from traumatic events to family member simultaneously.
They are not like the fickle fan who’d shrug off both the above whilst not even sure if they’d be able to work ever again in their chosen profession after major surgery.
Forum poster fans are super human. Never have days off and are fuckimg brilliant everyday in work.

DUoTYjaX4AAHdGR.jpg

Christ, you're starting to sound like Gibbs.

Loved his little cameo last night. Nothing highlighted the difference between us and them better than Coco's arrogance and desperation to get on the ball.

Back
Top Bottom