Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He now has some competition in the side with Son and Dele fighting to keep him out the side so it looks as if he has raised his game. IMO we have missed his presence on the pitch - he gives us an added little boost with his little niggly tackles, passing forward and the fact he isn't afraid to shoot when others seem a bit more reserved.

No it's not, "as good as it gets" according to you is a transfer:

You were well and truly proven wrong btw... and will continue to be so. No point having a pissing contest, we can just remind you "you have yet to be proved wrong" at every additional milestone.
:sonpoint:

Poch may just be giving him some minutes ahead of the transfer window to let it be known he's fit and ready to play. I'll be proven wrong if he gets a new contract. He's the only player the club never to have been given a contract by Poch. Says a lot in my opinion. I think Edwards could match what Lamela does and has much more capacity to improve. Lamela has been banging his head against a glass ceiling for years. He's not suddenly start doing what Son does and start banging in goals from all angles with either foot and consistently beating players because they never know which way he's gonna go, or what Dele does - read the game well, find where the space is, make perfectly timed runs into the box etc.

I'd trade him Sessegnon in heartbeat. And promote Edwards to the first team.

Poch may just be giving him some minutes ahead of the transfer window to let it be known he's fit and ready to play. I'll be proven wrong if he gets a new contract. He's the only player the club never to have been given a contract by Poch. Says a lot in my opinion. I think Edwards could match what Lamela does and has much more capacity to improve. Lamela has been banging his head against a glass ceiling for years. He's not suddenly start doing what Son does and start banging in goals from all angles with either foot and consistently beating players because they never know which way he's gonna go, or what Dele does - read the game well, find where the space is, make perfectly timed runs into the box etc.

First it was "He'll never play again"...

Then it became "He'll never start again"

Now its "I'm only proven wrong if he gets a new contract"

You suck.....

(Apart from when it comes to being "wrong" that is.)

First it was "He'll never play again"...

Then it became "He'll never start again"

Now its "I'm only proven wrong if he gets a new contract"

You suck.....

(Apart from when it comes to being "wrong" that is.)

Let's see what happens in January. The ommision from the CL squad may have been with one eye on selling him on in Jan and he could play a role in Juve game - for Juve! Or more likely Roma. I have a strong feeling they'll come in for him in January and that we'll take their offer, especially if we could bring in Sessegnon.

Let's see what happens in January. The ommision from the CL squad may have been with one eye on selling him on in Jan and he could play a role in Juve game - for Juve! Or more likely Roma. I have a strong feeling they'll come in for him in January and that we'll take their offer, especially if we could bring in Sessegnon.
He was left out of the squad because he was injured, no? Now the group stage is over, we can bin off someone like N'Koudou and bring Lamela back in to the CL squad.

Lamela isn't a better player than Dele but Dele needs the competition, to feel he may not start games if he is off form. Same for Eriksen. Eriksen is a very good player and we don't really have another creative assisting player, at least we can take Eriksen off in a bad game and have an alternative option.

Lamela has fantastic technical ability and brings a passion we can sometimes lack. My hope is that he can get a bit of a run and find a new level of form. We need to give him a dozen games though he has been out more than a year.

Flabbergasted at some of the comments. Lamella and son were the two best players on the pitch last night. Lamella was always looking for the ball, when he had it he was always trying to attack or pass forward with it rather than the shite AVB style sideways backwards dross. Can also find that killer pass to get a teammate through.

By way of retort, let me say
2nqcqyx.gif

I’ll bet you £1000 right now that Lamela is going nowhere in January.

I'll debate this subject with virtually anyone else, but not you.

You've been proved to be full of shit over and over again.

Why would i waste my time? (don't bother replying - It's s rhetorical question.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom