Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I disagree I think it's lack of attacking options that's cost us this season. With Winks fit and Erikssen'' ability to drop deeper I don't think we are light in the middle.

Horses for courses i guess, but that all seems like 'robbing peter to pay paul' to me if it's all in the name of pushing Eriksen back (at least without wholesale commitment to s new formation.

Besides we need to reign our expectations in re: Winks (timing and length of his injued spell was a complete cunt!)...

Also, I doubt very much whether we can afford to sign/pay another player of Eriksens quality 'off the peg' so we'd just be weakening the AM-line further.

You must have a short memory to conclude that he has done nothing at this club. To refute that I'll just quote what I posted on other Lamela thread.

As for Son, I'm not against him, he's just very frustrating and somewhat, dare I say, limited.

His first touch/close control, decision making and tactical awareness are of a championship level player.
That's absolute bullshit and you know that. You have an agenda against Son and it's obvious for anyone to see. I've noticed in match threads that you don't even celebrate when he scores. You never compliment him and is always the first to put him down. Funny that you think Son is limited, Lamela is probably the most limited player in our team. All the opposition defenders have to do is force him onto his right foot and that's him out of the game. Also I'd love if you elaborated on why you think Son's decision making and tactical awareness is that of a championship player. Would love to hear how you judge that

I'm sorry, but I just think you're vastly overrating the guy. His 15/16 season wasn't even that good, he was largely anonymous in the league and did ok against poor opposition in Europe

Yep the back 5 were class that year Harry,s goals and link up with Alli Erikssen's brilliance Dier was brilliant in front of the defence and Dembo was on it , Lamela had a decent season but was still the worst of the main 11.

Forgive me if im mistaken but I'm sure you said you'd replace our entire midfield b4 you turned out Lamela.

Nope, I said our central midfield needs more work than our bench does. We should be looking at replacing Dembele and signing starters for our central midfield as opposed to finding players to sit on the bench to replace Lamela (as he's a bench player).

Textbook. Demand answers of me. I give you one. I ask for the same courtesy and it's not forthcoming.

Anyway I'm done with this silliness. You've provided more than enough material for PART THREE.

No one having seen Lucas Moura, who has more top level appearances than Harry Kane, play is one of your funniest claims.

Laters you lickle weirdo.

Go to 1:15 and get an education.

That's absolute bullshit and you know that. You have an agenda against Son and it's obvious for anyone to see. I've noticed in match threads that you don't even celebrate when he scores. You never compliment him and is always the first to put him down. Funny that you think Son is limited, Lamela is probably the most limited player in our team. All the opposition defenders have to do is force him onto his right foot and that's him out of the game. Also I'd love if you elaborated on why you think Son's decision making and tactical awareness is that of a championship player. Would love to hear how you judge that
Most of the time he never seem to be aware where his teammates are. He never bothers himself to look up and spot his teammate.

He has lost possession countless times due to his heaviest first touch.

He often shoots rather than squaring it to a teammate in much better position.

His passing is arguably as good as Sissoko's.

In tight games where there is no space to run, he usually looks clueless and out of idea. That's because he doesn't possess the intelligence to create a space, neither is he gifted enough to make something out of nothing.

He doesn't seem to understand that offensive players have defensive responsibilities too. When the team doesn't have possession he doesn't close down spaces or help out his fullback.

I could go on but this is not his thread so this discussion doesn't belong here. It's Lamela thread btw, I'd prefer we discuss about him.

Horses for courses i guess, but that all seems like 'robbing peter to pay paul' to me if it's all in the name of pushing Eriksen back (at least without wholesale commitment to s new formation.

Besides we need to reign our expectations in re: Winks (timing and length of his injued spell was a complete cunt!)...

Also, I doubt very much whether we can afford to sign/pay another player of Eriksens quality 'off the peg' so we'd just be weakening the AM-line further.

No No No I'm not saying we should push Erikssen back at all , we have two places normally in CM Sissoko Winks Wanyama Dier and Dembele that's strong we also have the option of Erikssen who could be effective there , for example in games where the bus is parked and Erikssen is coming deep anyway we could play 4 in front of Erikssen and let him dictate the play from deeper , (people will probably say Lamela could also do this but I think even his biggest fans know he just ain't gonna cut it at cm ) I'm in no way suggesting Erikssen should be deployed there permanently.

Nope, I said our central midfield needs more work than our bench does. We should be looking at replacing Dembele and signing starters for our central midfield as opposed to finding players to sit on the bench to replace Lamela (as he's a bench player).

Lying little shit

It's not even an important position. I'd much rather we replaced our entire central midfield before signing someone to replace Lamela to sit on the bench.

Lying little shit

How is what you're quoting telling you any different?

"Rather we replaced our entire central midfield before signing someone to replace Lamela to sit on the bench"

"Central midfield needs more work than our bench does"

What's the difference here?

200w_d.gif

How is what you're quoting telling you any different?

"Rather we replaced our entire central midfield before signing someone to replace Lamela to sit on the bench"

"Central midfield needs more work than our bench does"

What's the difference here?

200w_d.gif

Listen you're a thick cunt who thinks he's a clever cunt but even you must realise you've just contradicted yourself.

No No No I'm not saying we should push Erikssen back at all , we have two places normally in CM Sissoko Winks Wanyama Dier and Dembele that's strong......

Yet as per my above list.... Things may well not be as"strong" as they appear on paper at CM.

(+ only MD & HW can actually play the position in mean. i.e. Not DM. Reminder: How panfull was it vs Newcastle on this front????)

By comparrison;

Eriksen
Deli
Son
Lucas
Lamela (Last on the list just for you, bud. : P )

...Looks more stacked with quality and options than I've EVER known us!

we also have the option of Erikssen who could be effective there , for example in games where the bus is parked and Erikssen is coming deep anyway we could play 4 in front of Erikssen and let him dictate the play from deeper , (people will probably say Lamela could also do this but I think even his biggest fans know he just ain't gonna cut it at cm ) I'm in no way suggesting Erikssen should be deployed there permanently.

Similarly, dont think I'm not keen to experiment with Eriksen (and Lamela).

(Intriguingly tho, Poch had the option to do this vs NUFC and opted not to...♧

Let's just truce on the notion that its not a pressing need to tinker with the AMs until such time as any of them (Deli too?) do start to spend a disproportionate amount of time at CM or we have a genuine opportunity to improve the first 11 attackers.

Taking a simple view (big fan of simple! lol):

Weakest areas for me are RB and CM (during the half of the season Dembele isn't playing or firing).

Back
Top Bottom