Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do any o

Who said that ? But let's be real Lamela hasn't lived up to his billing at all and it's only natural he would have some detractors, don't see why people are so triggered about it its not like Spurs players don't get critism from Spurs fans all the time.
Detractors I don't mind. You're alright. But NW1 takes it too far for a player who is our own, has done literally fuck all wrong and loves the club. That and everything he's predicted thus far has been wrong and he calls us deluded.

I don't like seeing Spurs boys attacked like that by our enemies, let alone our own. Plus, Lamela has gone through some serious shit, we should be protecting him not vilifying him.

Oi, remember, you're my bitch, I own you. You're still on this forum because of me. You offered me a bet, which if I had taken, you wouldn't return to the forum. I chose not to take it because it seemed a petty thing to do

U own fuck all.... Reminder, you did not have to balls to take my bet so i owe no debt of liberty to you, you mug.

Dumb as well as a stain on this beautiful club!

You are a first class wum mate not that it's hard on this thread they are all triggered when it comes to their Argentine hero.

If I really wanted to I could make SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur cry. But everything I say about Lamela is what I really believe. I've been a Spurs fan since 86 I honestly can't remember a player anywhere remotely as devisive as Lamela. I kind of want him to go because I'm tired of actually discussing the same old shit, and mainly I do do in defense of other players, particularly Son recently. Say what you want about Lamela but don't tell me he's better than Son, because he isn't, and don't tell me there aren't better players we can buy, because there are.

Its alright to defend Lamela if your opinion is that he offers a lot. But to suggest for a second that he is more important or better than Son is just f-ing pathetic. Lamela's a decent sub when the opposition is tired. He will chase people down and make life difficult for tired players. But Son scores goals which you need to if you are going to play as part of the front 4.

Don Giovanni Don Giovanni I don't understand how you can have so much against Son, but support Lamela at the same time. Son is streets ahead of Lamela, Lamela has done next to nothing here at Tottenham
You must have a short memory to conclude that he has done nothing at this club. To refute that I'll just quote what I posted on other Lamela thread.

2013/14 - He barely played, started only 3 league games. Tactic Tim completely refused to play him.

2014/15 - It was his first proper season under new Management. It was also the transitional season, most Players apart from Kane, Eriksen and Rose had an okay season.

2015/16 - He had an excellent season, easily 8/10 as roaming AM and turned up in a lot of key games including that Newcaste shambles on the last day.

2016/17 - He was easily one of our 3 best player in the first 3 months before the injury.

2017/18 - He is trying to reintegrate into the team again after being out for 14 months.

As for Son, I'm not against him, he's just very frustrating and somewhat, dare I say, limited.

His first touch/close control, decision making and tactical awareness are of a championship level player.

What's there to explain ?

You said thered be a lot less support for him if it wasn't for superficiality/hype being lapped up by a certain demographic.

My counter point is that most fans above a certain age - using this place as a sample set - dont think like that...

So, youll need to 'explain' the likes of me/them before your own claim garners any notable creedence within the context of this debate.

If I really wanted to I could make SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur cry. But everything I say about Lamela is what I really believe. I've been a Spurs fan since 86 I honestly can't remember a player anywhere remotely as devisive as Lamela. I kind of want him to go because I'm tired of actually discussing the same old shit, and mainly I do do in defense of other players, particularly Son recently. Say what you want about Lamela but don't tell me he's better than Son, because he isn't, and don't tell me there aren't better players we can buy, because there are.
From your posts it does look like you really really want Lamela gone. He shouldnt start matches but if he stays happy to be backup like Sissoko is, I think theres a place in the squad for him. No way in hell would he ever be part of the first 11 at any other big clubs in the league and he shouldnt be first 11 with us either.

Its alright to defend Lamela if your opinion is that he offers a lot. But to suggest for a second that he is more important or better than Son is just f-ing pathetic. Lamela's a decent sub when the opposition is tired. He will chase people down and make life difficult for tired players. But Son scores goals which you need to if you are going to play as part of the front 4.

Id be shocked if you could find more than 1 person on here who has stated as much.

...We simply have a few warped fools amongst us that feel they can only support one or the other and feel they must gun one down to boost the other.

(Not you superstaryid superstaryid )

Diff. players, different qualities.... Same fucking badge on the shirt.

Last edited:
You must have a short memory to conclude that he has done nothing at this club. To refute that I'll just quote what I posted on other Lamela thread.

As for Son, I'm not against him, he's just very frustrating and somewhat, dare I say, limited.

His first touch/close control, decision making and tactical awareness are of a championship level player.

Idiot

Yeah he's a fanboys player and has been doing the rounds on the internet for years it will be a big reason why Totti and Mind-blowing are in love with him.

Yeah.

In love with a player I wouldn't mind selling if the price is right and we sign a replacement.
In love with a player I'd make perfectly clear shouldn't be starting if everyone is fit and on form.

1408528029400_wps_2_image001_png.jpg

Just appreciate what he can bring as a squad player and whilst he isn't pissing off the coaching staff and disrupting the team harmony, don't see the problem.

So, Lamela will inevitably leave eventually....

Anyone fancy a sweepstake on who NW-cunt will redirect his poison towards in this eventual event? ...Hardly a paragon of positivity and support on other topics so the idea of this cunt's world suddenly turning to rainbows is extremely far fetched...

bye bye wankstain that is Mindless.

Into the "ignore" bin with someone called renee stewart (who she?)

It's a wonderful facility. I suggest you use it on me, it would save you an age in digging out my posts to disagree with.

Son "somewhat limited" indeed.

30 PL goals

Do you have ANY idea how many points that equates to? No, didn't think so.

:goonermong:

Yeah.

In love with a player I wouldn't mind selling if the price is right and we sign a replacement.
In love with a player I'd make perfectly clear shouldn't be starting if everyone is fit and on form.

1408528029400_wps_2_image001_png.jpg

Just appreciate what he can bring as a squad player and whilst he isn't pissing off the coaching staff and disrupting the team harmony, don't see the problem.

Problem is with this argument is that that a squad player at Spurs is a different thing to a squad player elsewhere , Lamela pretty much is s first team player because we have a thin squad , if we were Man U and could go out and sign Malcolm and whoever else and still pay Lamela enough to keep in happy on the fringes I'd say keep him but Levy isn't going to pay a back up player that , the truth is we are reliant on Lamela because he has an important role in the team and he simply doesn't produce enough , if we want to progress in the same format we have to upgrade the likes of Lamela and this argument that we won't get anyone better for what we get for him is a nonsense a) we could do because we've done it before and B) who cares the money is worth spending if we get more quality.

Problem is with this argument is that that a squad player at Spurs is a different thing to a squad player elsewhere , Lamela pretty much is s first team player because we have a thin squad , if we were Man U and could go out and sign Malcolm and whoever else and still pay Lamela enough to keep in happy on the fringes I'd say keep him but Levy isn't going to pay a back up player that , the truth is we are reliant on Lamela because he has an important role in the team and he simply doesn't produce enough , if we want to progress in the same format we have to upgrade the likes of Lamela and this argument that we won't get anyone better for what we get for him is a nonsense a) we could do because we've done it before and B) who cares the money is worth spending if we get more quality.

We went and signed Lucas.

I see no problem with us going out and signing Sessegnon, considering we're favourites to it's likely that we'll bring him in to compete with our quartet up top. Leaving us with Sessegnon, Son, Eriksen, Dele, Lucas and Lamela to choose from behind Kane.

I doubt we'll sign Malcom. It was either Lucas or Malcom and we decided to sign Lucas. Probably because he is a lot more experienced and was cheaper.

It's not even an important position. I'd much rather we replaced our entire central midfield before signing someone to replace Lamela to sit on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom