THE MIGHTY SPURS VS WBA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What are you talking about? You can support the team without agreeing with absolutely everything the manager does ffs. I didn't like that sub at the time..i didn't think putting Mason on would change anything and i thought Son should have been given more time. Quit trying to make it more then it is.

We dominated the first half and hit the post three fucking times. Of course he wasn't about to move Eriksen, Lamela or Alli because they all looked pretty sharp and like they might have found the net between the three of them. Eriksen moving into CM would have given WBA a much easier time of finding a pass than the fucking pitbull that is/was Ryan Mason. Mason is a great player for us who is tenacious as all hell, this is why he was brought on, because he loves a good fucking tackle.

Time for bed I think

Well pissed off
Arcspace. I had to change it to me because people have him on ignore and can't see the thread.

Warrants both of you being binned!
:pochrolleyes:

Leave it to Christian in future!
:eriksenserious:

Strange to read the comments about the crowd. The trains from Liverpool St were fucked up and many fans (including our group) arrived 20 mins late. I've no idea how it came across on TV, but the crowd was great last night. Constant singing, and the response when WB equalised was immense. Also, as Raiders Raiders has mentioned the ground broke out in a chorus of 'we love you Tottenham we do' at the final whistle. Maybe the sky sound engineer got it wrong, but the crowd certainly wasn't quiet.

Though the atmosphere seemed good and there was plenty of singing, it did come across on tv as though, there was a degree of nervousness in the crowd. I suspect every single Spurs fan in the world felt some sense of "we cannot fuck up with the title on line against WBA". It'd be strange if that didn't reflect in the crowd.

Still, as always I'm proud of the support, so well done to everyone there, and still proud of the team. Yeah, you'd always want - and as things are going now, dare I say, expect - 3 solid points at home to WBA. But just as with the Pool result, our response is just so tempered by our situation with a win being a necessity every single time, the team takes the field. A draw at Pool is, viewed in isolation, a good result, and a draw at home to WBA, though not a good result, isn't a disaster in a season where the gap between top 4-7, the middle pack and the bottom teams have narrowed significantly. It's just the nature of the league table that makes it feel such a disaster. Had it been in September, it would - for most of us - be, onwards and upwards.

As we've consolidated top 4, then top 2 and pushed for the title, it's gotten lost in translation that we still have the youngest team in the league by some margin. These lads will learn from last night and use it constructively. We should just be thankful that we've got a manager, who's not just filled our team and squad with HG and English players, but also with only winners. I cannot find a single Adebayor-like player in the squad, where I'd suspect that they don't care and go out clubbing after the match. These guys will make us proud and push on even more now against Chelsea, the last two matches and into next season.

9 points out of the next 9.
League leaders will get 0 outta 9 due to eating fox meat lasagne, prepared by Claudio himself. The Gods favour us

9 points out of the next 9.
League leaders will get 0 outta 9 due to eating fox meat lasagne, prepared by Claudio himself. The Gods favour us

If the Gods favoured us, Woolwich would have long since been forcefully relegated to non-league for bribing their way into the top tier, chavs wouldn't have pulled a CL-miracle, and Lasagne would never have come into existence.......

true. that's football for you. it will be tough mentally on the players.
rather than looking up & fighting for the title, you are suddenly looking behind you & trying to just consolidate
where you are.
it will be a good learning experience for them all.

shouldn't look too far ahead, but with 3 games to go,

1 win seals top 4.
1 win & a draw seals 3rd & a finish above Woolwich. only city can then stop us from 2nd if they make up some goal difference.

can someone clear something up. what is the ruling with if Liverpool or man city win the European cups they are in. & if they both win it?
I have heard people say it means different things.

I am probably being greedy, but it be really nice if Woolwich get 4th & miss out because of this ruling.

It will only really be tough if Leicester win at OT - if they don't they'll have fresh impetus (not that securing a top two finish shouldn't be enough).

1)Went off injured, got hurt in the melee that surrounded their goal.

2) Punched some cunt in the stomach.

I wouldn't exactly call it a punch as I've received worse from Mrs B but it was a silly thing to do as he fell into that cunt's trap who had been niggling at him from the off .
But he'll learn as he's only 19!

Though the atmosphere seemed good and there was plenty of singing, it did come across on tv as though, there was a degree of nervousness in the crowd. I suspect every single Spurs fan in the world felt some sense of "we cannot fuck up with the title on line against WBA". It'd be strange if that didn't reflect in the crowd.

Still, as always I'm proud of the support, so well done to everyone there, and still proud of the team. Yeah, you'd always want - and as things are going now, dare I say, expect - 3 solid points at home to WBA. But just as with the Pool result, our response is just so tempered by our situation with a win being a necessity every single time, the team takes the field. A draw at Pool is, viewed in isolation, a good result, and a draw at home to WBA, though not a good result, isn't a disaster in a season where the gap between top 4-7, the middle pack and the bottom teams have narrowed significantly. It's just the nature of the league table that makes it feel such a disaster. Had it been in September, it would - for most of us - be, onwards and upwards.

As we've consolidated top 4, then top 2 and pushed for the title, it's gotten lost in translation that we still have the youngest team in the league by some margin. These lads will learn from last night and use it constructively. We should just be thankful that we've got a manager, who's not just filled our team and squad with HG and English players, but also with only winners. I cannot find a single Adebayor-like player in the squad, where I'd suspect that they don't care and go out clubbing after the match. These guys will make us proud and push on even more now against Chelsea, the last two matches and into next season.

Interesting that we had the 2nd loudest fans in the league last season (Utd were 1st, but their ground is more than twice the size of ours) taken on decibel levels home and away, and then combined to give an average. I'm at a loss to know why the crowd sounded nervous, it certainly didn't seem like that to me.

I watched the Stoke game on TV, and for the first 10 minutes the sound mixing was terrible. Whoever was responsible sorted it out, but clearly it can be misleading. The Leicester fans claiming 'you could hear a pin drop' are obviously exaggerating, but they must have got the idea from somewhere. All I can say is I was there, and the atmosphere was very good with noise emanating from unusual areas of the ground. Shame it didn't come across like that.

The loudest fans in the Premier League revealed

Assuming Spurs can win their final 3, a loss vs United and two ties vs Everton/Chelsea is definitely still in the realm of possibilities.

That Alli punch clearly seemed to motivate a side that seemed pretty disinterested at kickoff. Dele should have his head examined. Any idea what the motivation was for the punch ?

That Alli punch clearly seemed to motivate a side that seemed pretty disinterested at kickoff. Dele should have his head examined. Any idea what the motivation was for the punch ?

Yacob had a nasty - though not over the top - tackle on Alli in the first five minutes, as I recall. And some scraps off the ball.

Care to elaborate what makes you state so confidently that the punch was the reason for WBA's improved second half? I can think of five betters reasons off the top of my head...

I still felt it was bookable. They were a little rough initially and got away wit a few. Evans was carded and got away with a couple after too.

Players do seem to get away with a lot more in the first five or ten minutes. Would tend to agree it was a booking, however it's not really a challenge, you'd put past Alli himself making. It's fine having the nasty edge to his game. I think, like others have said, that it adds to his game. It has to be an edge though, and I cannot help feel that if/when it's not just him playing to the limits of the rules, it's not advantage....like last night, I feel it must have effected his mindset and concentration on playing the match itself, when he was sufficiently angry at an early tackle, to run around, waiting for an opportunity to get back at an opponent. It's different for the Roy Keane's and Eric Dier's of the world, but an AMC should roll with the punches and focus on attacking imho.

Back
Top Bottom