Tottenham Hotspur v. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fazio does alot of organizing at the back too that goes unnoticed, I don't think Dier would be anywhere near as assured or dominate on the physical side. I'm sure we'll get to see Dier there soon enough though as there's alot of football left to play and he is an exciting talent.

To act like Vertonghen doesn't do the same thing is laughable though. Vertonghen has abit more pace but he to is prone to the odd mistake when put under pressure. I don't think on the evidence of this season and last you can say Vertonghen is the better centerback.
It's not about who is the better player? Vert is better at positioning so compliments the other CB. I like Fazio, but at the moment he's struggling a little. He needs to attack the ball more, not allow players space. When he does decide to attack the ball he gives away fouls. Maybe it's a confident thing or just getting used to the PL pace. Watch Burnlys goal, he stand off. He done this a few time in other games.

Well Mick, as you're the expert on being slow, I'll defer to you mate. :goonermong:
Really?
You were so desperate to shoehorn your interpretation of my point about Fazio, you actually failed to consider the reality, that you had fucked up. I might be slow at my age, but I reckon I could still do Fazio over 30 yards.
I'm not trying to eulogise Dawson, just point out my misgivings about Fazio

Out of curiosity, I decided to swing over to WhoScored.com to see if I was completely missing something about Fazio's game today...because I thought he played quite well. He was given the 2nd highest player rating of the game. I then decided to read other sites and see what they thought. He was consistently given high marks. He had a good game today, and no, he's not the fastest person in the world, but he reads the game quite well and all in all makes good decisions.

It's not about who is the better player? Vert is better at positioning so compliments the other CB. I like Fazio, but at the moment he's struggling a little. He needs to attack the ball more, not allow players space. When he does decide to attack the ball he gives away fouls. Maybe it's a confident thing or just getting used to the PL pace. Watch Burnlys goal, he stand off. He done this a few time in other games.

mate Vertonghen does the same shit, we noticed Fazio more today because Ings was trying to play off Fazio with little success I might add

Vertonghen showed afew moments of indecision today too when put under pressure

if I see Fazio get ripped to shit like I seen happen to Daws repeatedly then I'll worry but as off yet he's settling in nicely and giving us a real areial presence on set pieces that we haven't had in forever

On the whole Fazio debate, I quite like him but one big gripe with him is that he is nearly always totally unaware of where his man is, he gets turned so often because of it and he doesn't have the pace to recover his position. I would 100% stick with him because centre backs have to have consistency with regard to who they are playing next to. Chopping and changing centre halves is hugely disruptive and it is the most important partnership on the pitch.

On the whole Fazio debate, I quite like him but one big gripe with him is that he is nearly always totally unaware of where his man is, he gets turned so often because of it and he doesn't have the pace to recover his position. I would 100% stick with him because centre backs have to have consistency with regard to who they are playing next to. Chopping and changing centre halves is hugely disruptive and it is the most important partnership on the pitch.
How long for?

one big gripe with him is that he is nearly always totally unaware of where his man is, he gets turned so often because of it and he doesn't have the pace to recover his position.

yea but if it was as bad as sum are making out we wouldn't be on the nice little run we are on, he's not been perfect so far but he's been very solid

and attributing the first goal to him in anyway is crazy after the Burnley player cut thru about 3 of our midfielders like butter before unleashing the best shot he's ever hit in his entiring fucking life lol

yea but if it was as bad as sum are making out we wouldn't be on the nice little run we are on, he's not been perfect so far but he's been very solid

and attributing the first goal to him in anyway is crazy after the Burnley player cut thru about 3 of our midfielders like butter before unleashing the best shot he's ever hit in his entiring fucking life lol

Technically we could be on a nice little run with Fazio being awful. He hasn't been awful but there are some serious flaws in his game, as I pointed out the biggest concern is the ease with which he loses his man. He constantly has strikers ghosting in behind him or on his blindside. He needs to become more aware of what is going on around him off the ball rather than just being constantly focused on the ball.

He is clearly a decent player but he needs a lot of work if he is to cut it a Premier League level, playing centre half in Spain is so different, partly because strikers tend to play a very different style of game over there.

Technically we could be on a nice little run with Fazio being awful. He hasn't been awful but there are some serious flaws in his game, as I pointed out the biggest concern is the ease with which he loses his man. He constantly has strikers ghosting in behind him or on his blindside. He needs to become more aware of what is going on around him off the ball rather than just being constantly focused on the ball.

He is clearly a decent player but he needs a lot of work if he is to cut it a Premier League level, playing centre half in Spain is so different, partly because strikers tend to play a very different style of game over there.

that's quite a nicely worded load of bollocks mate, congratulations :lennonlol:

Back
Top Bottom