Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
Bentacur reminds me of busquets at barcelona. Time and space on ball with immaculate passing. We have several world class players in squad. Vicario, udogie, bentacur, Son, van der ven. Were in good heath with academy players pushing to get into squad.
They're not World Class yet mate. They will be afaiac, but they haven't earned that accolade yet.

Yet.

It was my mother in law's birthday, the first since her husband died. We had a lovely lunch there with family and friends, things way more important than football.

Even so, I managed to sneak off at 5:30 and watch the on my phone the stream - it was a bit stop start but I think I got an 80-90% idea of the game.

Thankfully I haven't read any of the in-game posts but I thought it was a great game and a fantastic team performance. We go away from Manchester knowing we outplayed them across the park.

It's hard from my small screen to say who impressed me most but my mobile phone MotM would go to the much lamented Hojberg. He worked so hard, was everywhere, played some great passes too.

I'm certain that Zomb will give him full credit too.
Judging by that last line, you had a few drinks there as well!

Drunk GIF

He was very good today. Got caught a couple of times but overall we have to be happy with that performance. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just got a vendetta against him. We all dislike certain players but when they play well you’ve got to grow a set and applaud them.
Think PEH did ok and did actually play some good forward passes which we don’t always do. Switching the play to the flanks otherwise a lot goes through the middle. Skipp was not v good first half and was a little lost in his role. However noticed 2nd we sort of changed tho ha a little and he wasn’t as far forward. More central 2nd half and he did improve so fair play. Still is bypassed to easy and I’d like to see his tackle count as I don’t think he made one.

Happy with the point due to all circumstances. Important to manage gap in table to not let build any momentum for United. Worth to point we didn’t lose any away match against big 6 this season so far. Of course in points it would be better to win 1 draw 1 lose 1, but for mentality (our and opponents) its great to show that we don’t bend the knee. And last thought - imagine being able to manage this level of intensity almost whole match by having an options from the bench and making changes around 60-65 minutes. Good times ahead.

I’m not going to pretend he doesn’t have flaws. I think this will be Skipp’s last season with us.

But I genuinely think he ran his bollocks off today.

We all know he's not at the skill level of any other midfielder we have, and I think Skipp deep down knows that.

That we are allegedly looking for a DM this window tells us all we need to know, both Skipp and Pierre lack pace, skill and vision.

Doesn't make either a bad player's, just not a fit in Ange's system.

Jamie Redknapp’s finally been taking the sensible tablets or something?

In fairness, both he and Neville talked a lot of positives about Spurs, Keane meanwhile just blamed United's poor form that made Spurs look good.

I hate the twat, an unhinged ex-player full of bitterness and a man who has no joy.

Keane and misery go hand on hand with one another.

He was very good today. Got caught a couple of times but overall we have to be happy with that performance. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just got a vendetta against him. We all dislike certain players but when they play well you’ve got to grow a set and applaud them.
The certain players I dislike play for other teams.

If they pull in the shirt and do their best, they get my support.

Disliking NDombele, for example, is a given. He's taken the piss out of club and fans. Other than him, there's not a single Spurs player I dislike.

I also didn’t like the Skipp/Dragosin sub. Wrong tactically, wrong message. And not very “that’s who we are mate”
I thought he could swap Gil and Skipp, Gil isn't a wide player, he'd be better off in the hole centrally and linking play/putting people in.

We're obviously missing players but I would've taken Johnson off before Timo. Once players are back Johnson should be benched.

Back
Top Bottom