Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
All 11 played well. Hog was great 1st half.
Timo and BJ can improve.
No Bentacur and we lose that game but Rich was great as well.
I thought we should have won but happy with a draw.

Had a bad feeling going into this game, so am more than happy to take the point.
We were clearly the better team, but it so visible how tired some of the guys are. Everyone being back from injury, and international cups will be immense, not only for the starting 11, but for rotation as well.

All 11 played well. Hog was great 1st half.
Timo and BJ can improve.
No Bentacur and we lose that game but Rich was great as well.
I thought we should have won but happy with a draw.
I was actually quite surprised by how well Timo did. Considering he’s only had 1 week of training he just slotted right in, and some of his passing to Udogie made it look second nature.

BJ just needs a rest I think.

It was my mother in law's birthday, the first since her husband died. We had a lovely lunch there with family and friends, things way more important than football.

Even so, I managed to sneak off at 5:30 and watch the on my phone the stream - it was a bit stop start but I think I got an 80-90% idea of the game.

Thankfully I haven't read any of the in-game posts but I thought it was a great game and a fantastic team performance. We go away from Manchester knowing we outplayed them across the park.

It's hard from my small screen to say who impressed me most but my mobile phone MotM would go to the much lamented Hojberg. He worked so hard, was everywhere, played some great passes too.

I'm certain that Zomb will give him full credit too.
Hojberg and Skipp both had good games, some very good passing too. Nearly all had good games.

MoTM I'd say joint Richi and Udogie.

Johnson was disappointing, but FFS he's young and this is his first season.

I'd have liked to have seen Werner and Johnson switch occasionally. Wissaka got an early yellow. They should have taken in turns to run at him to draw the foul

(not that he'd have got a red, but y'know)

Yes, the gulf in quality between our subs & theirs tells a story...though who scored their winner? A kid with less experience than Bryan.

The main reason they won is they kept trying and trying, they showed real hunger to go get that third goal. Had we pushed like that tonight, we'd have won too.
Who knew? Treble winning moneybags man city with 3 injuries have more options off the bench than a team with 12 players missing

So we had the shits as well.

injuries, AFCON and the shits.

Wonderful!
What´s next, the plague???

The witchdoctor that put a curse on the club, surely didn´t leave any stone unturned did he/she???

Martin Lawrence Spell GIF by Martin

Maybe. You guys have been telling me for many years enic/levy will take us to the next level & win us things. Always been very wrong & then we move a few steps in the right direction & you forget what went on before & somehow shocked when they mess it up. Until we start winning things I am not getting carried away.
Without the new stadium, we would certainly have gone backwards!

I thought we deserved the win, but only barely.

Timo didn't surprise, but both him and Johnson are handicapping us in the final third. Porro is the only decent crosser. Timo's and BJ's efforts were hilarious, but my sense of humour won't last long.

Back
Top Bottom