Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
Missed Kulu tonight big time.

I'll take the point but frustrating as with a few more first teamers we beat them comfortably tonight.

Thought Udogie was superb and Johnson was fucking woeful
Johnson has no venom in his shots. He might as well be backpassing to the gk...feeble..

Micky for me. Romero excellent too. Richy was good today. His game was tidier and brought others into the game. Worked like fuck and deserved his goal.
I don’t know about anyone else but Vic just fills me with confidence every time a high ball comes into the box. Not had that for so long at this club.

Flash score gave vic a rating of 5.9 out of 10 and im scratching my head trying to figure out why. There was nothing he could do about the two goals. Everything else he was perfect.

Finally settling down for dinner after that one. Overall a bit frustrating: we were clearly the better team but lost a couple of poor goals and seemed to not quite believe we could boss those bastards convincingly at their place. Make no mistake. They are utter garbage. Even with our absentees we were clearly superior. Their fans sounded broadly relieved with a point based on the chat on the tram back too. So, a weird one. A good point but also a chance missed for me. Ange and the squad are very, very decent.

Up The Spurs.
Fair play to you travelling fans , heard you loud and clear on the tv . Respect !

Bentacur reminds me of busquets at barcelona. Time and space on ball with immaculate passing. We have several world class players in squad. Vicario, udogie, bentacur, Son, van der ven. Were in good heath with academy players pushing to get into squad.

Flash score gave vic a rating of 5.9 out of 10 and im scratching my head trying to figure out why. There was nothing he could do about the two goals. Everything else he was perfect.
100%. Crazy!

Hölund's was an absoute belter, high to the near post, nightmare for a goalie.

Rashford's was through the defender's legs, curling low into far corner.

No goalie on earth would have saved either.

Didn't put a foot wrong all match.

The way the media are wanking over Ratcliffe, you would think he was Pep levels rather than a man in his 70’s who to date has had nothing whatsoever to do with a Premiership team :harrysmile:

He’s not buying into them out of the goodness of his own heart like some shining knight running into battle. He’s a ruthless fucker who is only there to make money. He wants to buy the whole club and he isn’t going to make the share price cheaper for him to do that by making them better.

It was my mother in law's birthday, the first since her husband died. We had a lovely lunch there with family and friends, things way more important than football.

Even so, I managed to sneak off at 5:30 and watch on my phone - the stream was a bit stop start but I think I got an 80-90% idea of the game.

Thankfully I haven't read any of the in-game posts but I thought it was a great game and a fantastic team performance. We go away from Manchester knowing we outplayed them across the park.

It's hard from my small screen to say who impressed me most but my mobile phone MotM would go to the much lamented Hojberg. He worked so hard, was everywhere, played some great passes too.

I'm certain that Zomb will give him full credit too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom