Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
The Manchester club come into this game winning just 2 of their last 6 (D1 L3) but, they will be looking to turn their season around here, with a win putting them just 5 points behind us

The addition of Timo Werner might have come too late to fully affect the starting eleven, an experienced, full international as a bench option ahead of the young-lings does however give the manager a very different option

Ivan Perisic, Manor Solomon, James Maddison and Christian Romero are all still missing (or are they?) but Ryan Sessegnon and Micky van de Ven rejoin the squad

The latter will likely start alongside Emerson Royal as Ben Davies apparently pulled up with yet another hamstring injury for one of our players

Heung-Min Son, Pape Mater Sarr and Yves Bissouma are all away on international duty

This will be televised on Sky Sports and we will again have to sit through droves of unbiased opinion from the commentary team

Not looking forward to this - but I think that's the Spurs in me. It's still Man Utd at Old Trafford and even over the last few years where it feels like we've been ahead of them, they've managed to show up and play out of their skin and beat us.

We have been getting through games but at times they haven't been pretty, we've been giving up a lot of chances to our opponents who have failed to be ruthless and I worry that Man Utd suddenly turn up like they decided to against Aston Villa.

That could of course just been the fact we haven't been able to progress the way we want to because of Romero and Davies at centre back and Skipp or Hojbjerg sitting in the 6 and you'd expect us to start this one with van de Ven at centre back (and perhaps Dragusin too) and Bentancur in the 6 which should help our build up tremendously.

I really hope this is the line up:

Vicario
Porro - Dragusin* - Van de Ven - Udogie
Bentancur - Lo Celso
Johnson - Kulusevski - Werner
Richarlison

*Royal (Or fingers crossed Romero) if Dragusin hasn't been signed by then
It's a pretty solid line up when you consider it's missing Romero, Bissouma, Sarr, Maddison and Son. Who were basically five of our key players in the opening 10 games.

Not looking forward to this - but I think that's the Spurs in me. It's still Man Utd at Old Trafford and even over the last few years where it feels like we've been ahead of them, they've managed to show up and play out of their skin and beat us.

We have been getting through games but at times they haven't been pretty, we've been giving up a lot of chances to our opponents who have failed to be ruthless and I worry that Man Utd suddenly turn up like they decided to against Aston Villa.

That could of course just been the fact we haven't been able to progress the way we want to because of Romero and Davies at centre back and Skipp or Hojbjerg sitting in the 6 and you'd expect us to start this one with van de Ven at centre back (and perhaps Dragusin too) and Bentancur in the 6 which should help our build up tremendously.

Vicario
Bentancur - Lo Celso
Richarlison

It's a pretty solid line up when you consider it's missing Romero, Bissouma, Sarr, Maddison and Son. Who were basically five of our key players in the opening 10 games.

Hopefully that's the line up.

It won't be 0-0 that's for sure. If we score early, I think we can silence OT and get 3 points. They rely on wordles or the counter. With MVD back, and Betancur the composer, it's Spus x 2.

Don't have a good feeling about this one, I think we are going to really struggle without Son and Sarr. Hopefully Werner can surprise us and make an immediate impact, because we need it. Our attackers couldn't hurt Burnley at the weekend.

Don't have a good feeling about this one, I think we are going to really struggle without Son and Sarr. Hopefully Werner can surprise us and make an immediate impact, because we need it. Our attackers couldn't hurt Burnley at the weekend.
I think this will be more open than the Burnley game. Hopefully we can score a few.

After an initial boost from the Ratcliffe sale and beating Villa (thanks, cunce), ManU resumed their average season by losing to Forest. Spurs have looked tired after a busy December with a thin squad, but we really should be feeling a bit more refreshed after an eight day break

After an initial boost from the Ratcliffe sale and beating Villa (thanks, cunce), ManU resumed their average season by losing to Forest. Spurs have looked tired after a busy December with a thin squad, but we really should be feeling a bit more refreshed after an eight day break

And United play tomorrow. We have a big rest advantage.

Vicario
Bentancur - Lo Celso
Richarlison

That's got to be the team if possible. A really strong starting XI to be honest, especially considering who's missing.

I just want our guys to shove it right up the United skipper's arse!
Happy Premier League GIF

I actually think Manure set up perfectly for Angeball, they are clumsy at the back and don’t like to be pressed there midfield is wide open and will struggle against inverted full backs, and there wide players are bone idle and don’t work back hardly at all, but they will no doubt raise there game against us

Back
Top Bottom