Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
love it GIF

*Hopefully we don't crumble like Kev's magpies

Dragusin HAS to be on the bench by sunday. There's no way VDV is ready to play 90 minutes away to Man United after just returning from a 2 month injury. We'd just put our season in jeopardy if we're not extremely careful with our CBs.

Vicario
Porro - Emerson - VDV - Udogie
Bentancur - Lo Celso
Johnson - Kulusevski - Werner
Richarlison

2-1 Spurs.

I know Utd have been shit this season, but I’d urge caution to anyone that thinks this is an easy 3 points.

They still have a good team, and away at OT with a number of key players missing will never be easy, regardless of the state they’re in.

Re tactics - I’ve watched a lot of Utd this season and they’re actually a pretty aggressive pressing team from the front. BUT, they don’t all press together (the defence in particular doesn’t squeeze) and as soon as you play through their press, you have a great opportunity to transition into the attacking areas as the MF is pretty non-existent.

Equally, if they try to play through the middle we need to really press their MF. They aren’t comfortable in the slightest receiving the ball under pressure.

A game of 2 presses if you will!

I’ll say it - win this and I think we can dare to dream.

This is the away fixture I least look forward to in our calendar- alongside the dippers.
Where I grew up (not Bolton curiously, that’s where I ended up working) it was brimming with United and dipper fans. A lot of my cousins support one or the other & now they have kids/grandkids. I have had to disown the fucking lot of them- kidding. But you get my drift?
This carried on into adult life and Bolton is full of them as well.
Between them, Utd and scousers carry the most deluded and entitled fan bases of them all in my experience - & I include the Woolwich nomads in that.
Almost ALWAYS they have the juju on us.
Just hope we absolutely skullfuck them and Ten Hag gets a wage rise.

I reckon by allowing Phillips to go out on loan (not like he was ready anyway) and are happy with Dier leaving that we might have Romero available for this one tbh.

If he's back with his mate at the back, we're cooking on gas

Vicario

Porro Romero van de Ven Udogie

Bentancur Lo Celso

Kulusevski

Johnson Richarlison Werner​

However, it's more likely going to be the other one

Vicario

Porro Royal van de Ven Udogie

Bentancur Lo Celso

Kulusevski

Johnson Richarlison Werner

And then there's this other new lad, so.....

Vicario

Porro Dragusin van de Ven Udogie

Bentancur Lo Celso

Kulusevski

Johnson Richarlison Werner
Who knows lol

We'll probably be without;
Romero, Davies, Bissouma, Sarr, Maddison, Solomon, Perisic and Son. Only 8 now! Wooohooo!

Having said that, Giovanni Lo Celso might be out for this one after what the manager said

Vicker
Petr
Radeus
VDW
Üdo
Bettakker
Hojberch
Madssen
Jahnsen
Reichy
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicker
Petr Radeus VDW Üdo
Bettakker Hojberch
Madssen
Jahnsen Reichy Werner
[/lineup]

Wilkommen, Timo

Don't think we'll see Kulu in the 10 with Lo Celso away at OT.

Vic
Porro - -Royal -- VDV -- Udogie
Bentancur
PEH --- Lo Celso
Kulu -- Richy -- Werner​

I'd still fancy that MF against theirs.... Like most of our dropped points this season; it's up to the front 3 to deliver.

For the first time for a few weeks we have several different ways we could set up the team - meaning ManU aren't going to like to plan for this match. And they aren't going to be pleased to face Spurs latest forward acquisition, Werner, a very speedy player who presses a lot who ManU wanted to sign :

Forwards
We could start with speed on both wings with Werner, Richarlison, Johnson

or start with a very different attack with Werner, Richarlison, Kuklusevski - and bring on Johnson in the 2nd half

Midfield
Depending on how we want to use Kulusevski, we could start with a more defensive CM3 with
Lo Celso, Bentacur Hoijbjerg/Skipp

or the more attacking CM3 with Lo Celso, Bentancur, Kulusevski
and although more attacking, I think the more robust Bentancur and Kulusevski will compensate for the more lightweight Lo Celso and make it much more difficult for ManU to deal with.

I don't think whoever plays as CB is going to affect how ManU play or set up, but they are going to be worried about both Porro and Udogie.

Following spurs since 87/88 and I don’t think I’m jinxing it by saying I’ve never been as confident going to Utd as I am this weekend. Even with our injuries and absentees we are better than they are. Their frontline is as toothless as me granny.
Score early and it is done. COYS!!!

I don't want to see VDV play, Old Trafford with a high line will be very intense.

Give him a few more weeks.

Let Dragusin and Davies play at the back.

Back
Top Bottom