OMT: Tottenham v Newcastle, Sunday 10th December, 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't we see something different yesterday?

Looked like we attacked on the flanks with much more determination. We took on their fullbacks with pace and determination!

The games since the Chelski game we have looked hesitant, and chosen to stop and play the ball in central instead, which has made us easy to defend against.

Yesterday it was obvious to me where Ange had put the focus in on the training ground. We attacked their fullbacks all the time, and with no hesitation. We beat them 2 out of 3 times, and got crosses in. And it paid off!

It became a masterstroke to put BJ on the right instead of Deki, pace on both wings!

I hope we keep going forward like this!
Bolded part my takeaway too.

Against Villa, West Ham and Newcastle we played wonderfully through defence and MF and got our wide players on the ball a lot.

In this game, we really committed opposing full-backs and finally went on the outside instead of cutting into the congested area consistently. First 2 goals came from that.

There’s defo space in this squad for a wide player that can beat his full back both ways. He was never flavour of the month of this forum but a younger version of Zaha would thrive the amount of times we give wide players the ball in one on one situations (a Hazard type even better of course).

The final version of this side is going to be phenomenal.

Didn't we see something different yesterday?

Looked like we attacked on the flanks with much more determination. We took on their fullbacks with pace and determination!

The games since the Chelski game we have looked hesitant, and chosen to stop and play the ball in central instead, which has made us easy to defend against.

Yesterday it was obvious to me where Ange had put the focus in on the training ground. We attacked their fullbacks all the time, and with no hesitation. We beat them 2 out of 3 times, and got crosses in. And it paid off!

It became a masterstroke to put BJ on the right instead of Deki, pace on both wings!

I hope we keep going forward like this!
Putting BJ on the right wing was not a master stroke. That is his natural and best position and the reason we bought him. He has only been played on the left because Son was playing striker and Solomon and Perisic are both injured.

I think there was 4 or
Bolded part my takeaway too.

Against Villa, West Ham and Newcastle we played wonderfully through defence and MF and got our wide players on the ball a lot.

In this game, we really committed opposing full-backs and finally went on the outside instead of cutting into the congested area consistently. First 2 goals came from that.

There’s defo space in this squad for a wide player that can beat his full back both ways. He was never flavour of the month of this forum but a younger version of Zaha would thrive the amount of times we give wide players the ball in one on one situations (a Hazard type even better of course).

The final version of this side is going to be phenomenal.
Is the move of deki away from wing part of this? He slows it down a lot out wide

I think there was 4 or
Is the move of deki away from wing part of this? He slows it down a lot out wide

My take-away was how the play was a lot more spread; whereas when Kulu is on the right everything seems to go down that side.

Too predictable = you don't stretch the play.

Did anyone see any trouble after the game?
Heard 2 drunk as fuck chaps slurring something about it kicking off when I was on my train home last night
Didn’t see or hear anything mate. The Geordies had a horrendous journey home (engineering work north of Peterborough or some such nonsense). Might have found a free night in the cells preferable to schlepping home …

Didn’t see or hear anything mate. The Geordies had a horrendous journey home (engineering work north of Peterborough or some such nonsense). Might have found a free night in the cells preferable to schlepping home …
To be fair, the fella I heard on the train was so drunk he could hardly sit on his seat without holding on.

I think there was 4 or
Not necessarily, I think he can still be an asset there and I don’t see him dislodging Maddison when he returns.

I just think that sort of player is so important for us in this system…..

Dont think anyone said he was but he looked a lot better with as a focal point
I agree but I think we need a CF like Awoniyi or someone like him. Richarlison (imo) just hasn't got that extra flair that will push us to the top. Ollie Watkins would be good too.

If anything. It's Hojberg giving way the ball cheaply for the Newcastle goal. Expected much more from him

My MOTM is Kulu

With January coming up. Please get rid of players and bring in who you need. If anyone wants Richardson I'll get rid of him.
Who are We getting to replace Ricky in jan?

Who are We getting to replace Ricky in jan?
good question GIF

Back
Top Bottom